Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 10:25:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pics  (Read 4237 times)
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2006, 07:53:30 AM »

Hey Brill-o:

I was able to see them just fine. Great pics of your project. Getting the old Hall-Scott running must have felt so rewarding.

Yes, please stick around! Who knows... this group might be the most encouraging fans you have on some days. And I can understand not wanting every snot-nosed goofball on some photo site commenting on your project. If you want a private place to host your photos and updates, I have a few domains with bandwidth to spare, so I'd be happy to do it for free. Then you just post your links wherever you choose... discretely. If you download a freeware image program like Google Picasa, it even makes the Web Galleries automatically, at any size you choose. Just a thought...

Anyways, please keep posting and updating your progress. You're doing an awesome thing with your old Brill!

Brian

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2006, 09:07:41 AM »

Brillo, you are my new hero! I can show others your fantastic project & prove that I am not alone in wanting to restore an old bus.

If anyone gives you grief, let it be their problem & aggrivate those idiots by continuing to post your progress. I throughly enjoy listening to your take on things.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You have volumes to add here, & we are better for it.

Thanks for the inspiration you have given me!

Besides, so far you have stopped with the one, I am now up to 3 & I haven't made any progress to any of them!  Cry
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 12:07:50 PM by kyle4501 » Logged

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
ceieio
MCI 7 DD 8V71, HT740

1973 MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2006, 12:04:17 PM »

Ahhh, that's better.  I was able to look at your pics.  Great progress on the bus.

All of us appreciate the chance to look in on bus projects, so keep us updated when you can!

Craig - MC7 Oregon

Craig MC7 - Oregon USA
Brill-o

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2006, 12:23:10 PM »

Hello friends-

Thank you for the uplifting and comps’-
It’s really very nice to know that some are so enthused as much as I am.
As long as you’ll have me-- I’ll stick around-  Smiley

This is not a project, job or hobby-
This is an adventure!

Or a mission, if you will-
This is such a beautiful coach I cannot help, but feel it is a duty to see this old stately woman take her place and re-establish her dignity as a proud purveyor of the motorways.

Here are the answers to your questions:

NJT:
You are close-
Some delinquents moved in behind the yard where she was parked.
They passed the time shooting out her windows with BB guns until they ran out of ammo, then started throwing rocks at them-
Hence the large hole in the glass, which became safe haven for birds and mice- until the 6ft. black snake took up residence and made their life miserable.

And right again-
Before the former owner died, he removed the seats and furred and insulated one wall. I plan to at least remove all the old insulation. I  haven’t decided what to about the wood yet-

Plus, I have an excellent steam press. washer (7K worth), and did the outsides and undersides.
I can’t do the inside because of the wood floors. I will cover them and reseal the edges after a through cleaning.

Yes, the shift linkage is free.
In fact, whilst cleaning, I accidentally knocked her in gear, so when I tried starting her she almost climbed over the chocks!

I will drive her as soon as the clutch fluid lines free up enough to find where the blockage is, or if the master or slave is bad-

Brojcol:
Yes the bod’ is very straight (no signs of wreckage or damage) and the frame is straight and solid, as well.
The frame and wood under-floor survived from all the road tar and grease build-up, acting as a sealer/cover.

Jeremy:
Well mate, that is a good question-

I’m leaning towards a light conversion (2), but that could change to “back to original condition” (1) next week, but who knows at this point?

I have quite some time to decide that-

Several years, you say? I surely hope not!

Gumpy:
You hit the nail on the head:
The absolute worst part is the muck and debris-
I work until I start sweating profusely then go in and thoroughly wash up-every time-
Plus I take great precautions with clothing, a mask, and a fan drawing out the bacteria-, which I know, must be floating around-

SSB:
Thank you for the kind offer!
Dallas had asked me a bit ago about web-hosting at his site and will probably try that route first-

Ceieio:

I think anyone who has the interest should bookmark my album, because I update it almost every day-
I’ve added 10 more pics since yesterday and might get a few more up by this eve-

Thanks again everyone, for the kind words-
They are truly appreciated-

Well, now it’s back out on the bus again, for me!  Smiley

Cheers..

Mind the Gap!
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2006, 10:06:49 PM »

I have found this project fascinating and follow it every chance I get. I cannot get the address to the photos to work. Is it still available? I checked the spelling 2x.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
It’s the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
ceieio
MCI 7 DD 8V71, HT740

1973 MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2006, 09:08:13 AM »

I have found this project fascinating and follow it every chance I get. I cannot get the address to the photos to work. Is it still available? I checked the spelling 2x.

Barn Owl - I was able to see them before, but I now have the same problem as you... photobucket seems to have eaten them or they are no longer accessable via this method.

Craig - MC7 Oregon

Craig MC7 - Oregon USA
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2006, 09:24:18 AM »

I too find the project fascinating, particularly since I have over the past 40 years restored several antique automobiles and some of the Model A's were in similar shape when I got them.

I really can not understand Brillo's desire to not post a clickable link. In the many years that I have followed several boards I have never seen this before.

This is of course why I recently posted the link as clickable so that everyone could have easy access to the great photos posted as I thought that maybe Brillo did not know how. I later removed the link at his request.

Although it would be possible to save the link in My Favorites, I have over 1,000 favorites saved and I doubt if I could even find it when I wanted to view the pictures. And quite truthfully, it is really just too much bother. And now it appears that PhotoBucket is not working properly.

When I had some photos I wanted to display, I got a Yahoo account, for free, and posted them there. That way everybody could view them and I had nobody coming directly to my computer. Hopefully Brillo will consider something like this.
Richard

« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 10:09:36 AM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Brill-o

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2006, 10:07:22 AM »

Hello again-

Yes, I had the same prob’-  Sad

I think Gumpy’s and DML’s advice is well warranted.
It has become a hassle.

Once I get together with Dallas on this, and change sites, hopefully all this will be a distant bad memory-

I wouldn’t be surprised if most here said the heck with it, after trying and getting futile results and just gave up.
(At least this way I got responses to my post! Wink)

Anyway, it’s fixed now. (And should stay fixed-)

My apologies, once more- Undecided

Cheers..

Mind the Gap!
Brill-o

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2006, 10:33:59 AM »

I really can not understand Brillo's desire to not post a clickable link. In the many years that I have followed several boards I have never seen this before.

This is of course why I recently posted the link as clickable so that everyone could have easy access to the great photos posted as I thought that maybe Brillo did not know how.

Although it would be possible to save the link in My Favorites, I have over 1,000 favorites saved and I doubt if I could even find it when I wanted to view the pictures. And quite truthfully, it is really just too much bother. And now it appears that PhotoBucket is not working properly.

Richard

Het there, Richard, ceieio and Barn Owl:

Although I understand your frustration, I will reiterate the reasoning behind this:

It was all about keeping it only accessible to the members here and not to surfers and lurkers.
If you’re a member here, you would log in and the link was accessible. (Albeit had to be copied—which some may find a hassle in itself.)

Nick was adamant about me posting in the “Bus pics” thread, but that would of spread my pics out, all over--harder for me to keep track of which pic I’d posted.
This way I can keep a running log to help during re-assembly.
I hope some of this makes sense-

It was not a Photobucket issue—it was mine.

When the link went public, I had to change things within my album account to fix that. That is what caused the prob’.
I went back and made it as it was-
(I’ve had over 1500 hits since I put it up!)

I’m sorry for all that had to be put through this, just to view the pics.

Thank you so much,  and I really do appreciate the extra efforts you went through to view them and the notices about the bad link.
Any comment, whether pos' or neg', are always a good note and very much appreciated.

I'm hoping this will be the last of it, until I get a "real" web addy'-

Cheers..
phil

Mind the Gap!
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2006, 12:34:59 PM »

Brill-o, Reference your statement:
It was all about keeping it only accessible to the members here and not to surfers and lurkers.
If you’re a member here, you would log in and the link was accessible
[/b]
I was under the impression that you did not have to be a member to read the posts here. If that is correct, then anybody can read the posts, copy the address and then visit the site. In fact, there are typically more guests on at any one time than there are members.

I really still do not understand why you do not want visitors to visit your site. That is the purpose of the board to try and attract more visitors and hopefully convert them to members and since you are doing such a beautiful job and it is of so much interest to the members. Is this something like hiding your candle under a bushel basket? LOL
Richard
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 12:53:40 PM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Brill-o

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2006, 02:13:38 PM »

Hello again, Richard-

I’m not too sure what else I can say to explain this-  Huh

My understanding of this site is the get new members, share bus thoughts and ideas, and make and meet new friends with the same interests.

If this is the case, I think I’m doing the site a service by only allowing  members to see the link. Some have mentioned the understanding of my reasoning for doing so.

I know anyone can come here and read the threads, but they can’t view pics up-loaded to the site without logging on (hence joining up or being a member, already).
At least I thought that’s how it worked.

Again, that is why I put the addy’ in a pic to be able to access it.

I would suspect many of our “guests” are none other than members just stopping in to read and not to post anything. I know some of this to be fact, because when I post a pic and it says viewed 80 times-- but only get one or two replies, it tells me these “guests” must be members.
Especially since we have over 900 members and even the hottest topic will have less than 50 replies.  I’m really surprised more are not too vocal.  Maybe that’s the nature of “Busnuts”?

In fact I do it, myself-
My excuse is I know absolutely nothing about buses….even in general terms- so I read 95% more than I post.

My additions are usually standards that anyone could grasp and most of my posts have been about my bus.

I realize most here know about as much as I do about my coach, so I refrain from asking many questions- and if I do ask, I word it like I was buying parts: More like- “guess what this is”, instead of “what is this”-  Smiley

I’m sorry, but I’ve never heard the saying “hiding your candle under a bushel basket”, so I don’t know what that means-

From what you infer- if folks (anyone) can come here and see all the pics everyone posts—like- say, all the pics in the “Bus photos” album,
Then, what I’ve done is most surely a waste of all others’ time and mine. Roll Eyes

If I am wrong about this, please correct me and set me on the straight and narrow-

I don’t expect one to figure my brain patterns, or keep the thread running about this, but can anyone add to this?

Thank you for your help and tips, Richard- Smiley

Cheers..

Mind the Gap!
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2006, 06:37:12 PM »

Phil L./Nick help!!!

Can you help Brill-o (Phil) and I get this correct. I am under the impression that you do not have to be a member to read any of the posts or look at any of the photos. Of course, I have been wrong before. LOL
Phil is under the impression that you must be a member to read the posts and view the photos.
Quite truthfully I do not remember, and since I am a member I can not check what a non member can do.

BTW Phil, the old expression "to hide your candle under a basket" is probably an old country saying and I believe it means that somebody is hiding their good works/deeds so that others do not know about their good deeds. Or something like that. In other words I/we do not want you to hide your good works. We love to see it.
Richard

Hello again, Richard-

I’m not too sure what else I can say to explain this-  Huh

My understanding of this site is the get new members, share bus thoughts and ideas, and make and meet new friends with the same interests.

If this is the case, I think I’m doing the site a service by only allowing  members to see the link. Some have mentioned the understanding of my reasoning for doing so.

I know anyone can come here and read the threads, but they can’t view pics up-loaded to the site without logging on (hence joining up or being a member, already).
At least I thought that’s how it worked.

Again, that is why I put the addy’ in a pic to be able to access it.

I would suspect many of our “guests” are none other than members just stopping in to read and not to post anything. I know some of this to be fact, because when I post a pic and it says viewed 80 times-- but only get one or two replies, it tells me these “guests” must be members.
Especially since we have over 900 members and even the hottest topic will have less than 50 replies.  I’m really surprised more are not too vocal.  Maybe that’s the nature of “Busnuts”?

In fact I do it, myself-
My excuse is I know absolutely nothing about buses….even in general terms- so I read 95% more than I post.

My additions are usually standards that anyone could grasp and most of my posts have been about my bus.

I realize most here know about as much as I do about my coach, so I refrain from asking many questions- and if I do ask, I word it like I was buying parts: More like- “guess what this is”, instead of “what is this”-  Smiley

I’m sorry, but I’ve never heard the saying “hiding your candle under a bushel basket”, so I don’t know what that means-

From what you infer- if folks (anyone) can come here and see all the pics everyone posts—like- say, all the pics in the “Bus photos” album,
Then, what I’ve done is most surely a waste of all others’ time and mine. Roll Eyes

If I am wrong about this, please correct me and set me on the straight and narrow-

I don’t expect one to figure my brain patterns, or keep the thread running about this, but can anyone add to this?

Thank you for your help and tips, Richard- Smiley

Cheers..

« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 06:41:44 PM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2006, 08:31:34 PM »

Hello Rihard, Phil,

Non members Can view posts. However, they can Not view member profiles or make posts themselves.

Hope this helps
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2006, 09:17:14 PM »

Here is where the saying is derived from:

Matt. 5: 15

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

I still cannot get the url to work for the photos, maybe someone can email it to me. I would love to see the project. I admit that I enjoy living projects vicariously (felt or enjoyed through imagined participation in the experience of others). After seeing the movie RV, I am in love with the old buses more than ever.

Hope everyone is having a great Labor Day weekend, take care all.

Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2006, 05:25:51 AM »

Hurray!....I got in! I loved the “bus bat”. This will be a great project to follow.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: