Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
May 23, 2018, 03:49:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FYI member stats  (Read 5673 times)
Devin & Amy
FMCA#377731

1980 MC9 8v71 4spd man. Fulltiming family of 6

Ignore
« on: August 29, 2006, 07:00:54 PM »

Hi All,

Did you know?--

There are 29 JR. Members  (3%)

18 Full Members  (2%)

5 SR Members  (0.5%)

1 Hero Member---Busted Knuckle  (0.1%)

5 Moderators  (0.5%)

the rest (867) are mostly under 10 posts.  (93.7%)

that is somewhat remarkable to me for some reason.
i think some very few of us seem to spend a lot of time here.
What do YOU think?

Devin

Devin, Amy, and the kids!!
Happily Bussin'!!
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 07:07:20 PM »

Devin,

I seem to view alot of readers that don't post.  Yes, I'm on the board alot! so I usually see who is on.

I think there are many that gather quite a bit of information without posting.

I did the same thing a couple years ago.

For instance,

9 Guests, 20 Users
Users active in past 15 minutes:
Nick Badame Refrig. Co., Nemos88, Moof, guy 4905, niles500, 1967_MCI5a, HighTechRedneck, rayshound, SpaceShipBuffalo, belfert, Devin, gusc, Beatenbo, vaunter, NJT5047, NewbeeMC9, David Anderson, roadrunnertex, Lee, Len Silva

Right now we have 29 viewers reading posts. Not all are posting, Most are just reading.

Nick-
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 07:24:05 PM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 03:10:29 PM »

Devin,
I seem to view alot of readers that don't post.  Yes, I'm on the board alot! so I usually see who is on.
I think there are many that gather quite a bit of information without posting.
I did the same thing a couple years ago.
For instance,
9 Guests, 20 Users
Users active in past 15 minutes:
Nick Badame Refrig. Co., Nemos88, Moof, guy 4905, niles500, 1967_MCI5a, HighTechRedneck, rayshound, SpaceShipBuffalo, belfert, Devin, gusc, Beatenbo, vaunter, NJT5047, NewbeeMC9, David Anderson, roadrunnertex, Lee, Len Silva
Right now we have 29 viewers reading posts. Not all are posting, Most are just reading.
Nick-

Nick that's cool it shows I'm not always loafing or lurking on the board as Devin's statistics show! LOL! BK  Grin
What can I say I talk as much as I post ! LOL! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 03:15:18 PM »

Hi All,

Did you know?--

There are 29 JR. Members  (3%)

18 Full Members  (2%)

5 SR Members  (0.5%)

1 Hero Member---Busted Knuckle  (0.1%)

5 Moderators  (0.5%)

the rest (867) are mostly under 10 posts.  (93.7%)

What do YOU think?
Devin

Just whatcha try'n to say Devin???

LOL!

Ya I spend way too much time here but hopefully once in a while I post something of value or help someone with info they need! LOL! BK  Grin
PS If you'll notiice when the board is dead it usually means I'm either out on a charter or swamped in the shop!  Cool

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Devin & Amy
FMCA#377731

1980 MC9 8v71 4spd man. Fulltiming family of 6

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 07:47:00 PM »

Hey BK!
This ol' Arky's got ta meet a Tennesee hillbilly thats into buses!!!
I mean absolutely no offense by my post!
I appreciate the people (including yourself) who want to help in any way they can even if it's just an idea thay might or might not work.
I have to go to Tuscaloosa on Oct. 20. If I can swing coming by your gatheringl, you can BET I WILL!!!
Devin

Devin, Amy, and the kids!!
Happily Bussin'!!
chargePlus

1951 GMC PD4103-125

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 06:47:06 PM »

It seems about normal from my experience on other boards. Each one has a core (rotten?) set of people who give the the board it's direction and flavor/style. Many others just lurk in the shadows taking in everything. When I join a new board, I try to read a lot of the earlier posts before I post. Hopefully I won't upset the moderators or keep them too busy...  Grin

- John

Sports Car Lover and Bus Nut
1951 GMC PD4103-125 http://www.euliss-uftring.org/DaBus
Sports Car Club of America http://www.ncrscca.com/
Mazda Sports Car Club of NC http://www.msccnc.org/
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 08:43:01 PM »

Welcome to the board John.

Good to have your here!

Best Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 11:36:16 AM »

This board is a blevy of information that updates daily..I for one, am a proud lurker. Not much to say but here a lot learning. Hopefully when I actually get a bus, Ill have something to contribute.

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
Busnut83

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 07:24:31 PM »

Hello,,, just my 2 cents,,, I have been enjoying this board and the BUSCONVERSION mag since 2002,,, I started my conversion in 2003 after a friend, Dan Slaughter,,, who owns a bus body shop in Dallas, TX, convienced me not to replace the engine (454) in my 1986 Southwind,,, I dont post much so I am called a NEWBIE !!!!! My 83 njt is about 75% complete,,, I have spent over 20 hr reading almost every post?Huh  I am not a SLOW reader!!!

I love this board and it has helped 90% with my progress!!!!!!
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 03:40:31 AM »

I can't remember how I became interested in buses, maybe the mind protects me from the pain!  I researched the web for somewhere around 2 years before I made that fateful decision to buy!  I know that two or three conversions that had sites full of pictures really fired the flames!  The old saying, "a picture is worth a thousand words", sure hit the nail on the head! At times I get a little frustrated but that never lasts, I haven't come across a situation that I couldn't handle, every single question I've asked has always been answered! Some really take the time to go into detail and i appreciate that also.  The work, dirt, rust, sweat, blood are easy............dealing with suppliers  Roll Eyes can turn your hair gray.......most are very good, some others well you find those in every thing you do!  I don't post much unless i need to ask a question or think I can answer someone else's correctly(there probably aren't many of those).  Most of all I enjoy the photographs..........and humor!   Thanks everyone that has helped!                    Pat Grin

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
Clarke Echols

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 11:37:00 PM »

Yeah, then some of us old dogs are still trying to shed that "Jr. Member" status.  One of the
drawbacks of "starting over" on a new board. Smiley

CE
Connel
Eagle 05 w/Ser60 & HD4060PR

Day Eagle landed & before total rebuild.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2006, 07:46:14 AM »

Clarke,

Don't worry about "titles" I've read your post many years on the boards and will take your "quality" answers over others "quanity" anytime.

Newbie and proud of it!

Connel

Central Oklahoma

Refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
Clarke Echols

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2006, 10:58:22 PM »

Thanks to you and others who have made positive comments along that line.  One of my "problems"
is that I don't suffer fools gladly, and so I come across as pretty strongly opinionated which some
folks have trouble with, and I'm also outspoken.  One gets that way after years of dealing with what
I sometimes call idiots.  Whether they are or just act that way...  Who knows? Grin

I just feel a responsibility to pass on things I've discovered in the hope that somebody else can learn
the same lessons with a bit less effort.  Something about "lighting the path for those who follow",
which I think is one of our main purposes on this planet.

CE

Clarke,

Don't worry about "titles" I've read your post many years on the boards and will take your "quality" answers over others "quanity" anytime.

Newbie and proud of it!

Connel
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 06:36:28 PM »

Another proud lurker here since July of '06..We're in an old class A now which we plan to sell in August and replace with a seated bus which we will convert. Every day here is a learning experience and it's given me a good idea of what Im getting into !!

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
cody

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 09:38:46 AM »

My main problem is a lack of a computer for the bus and my inability to stay home where I have a planted computer lol.  As soon as I get enough money scrapped together for another run, we're gone, only to drag ourselves back to the house on fumes lol.  This has been ongoing for a long time now.  Does anyone know of any medication that will cure this condition?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: