Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 22, 2014, 04:45:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let the saga begin  (Read 8953 times)
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2010, 06:21:28 PM »

Mine will drop down to the fill mark and sit there for about 1500 miles. If i add to the 3/4 full area i will lose it in about 150-200 miles.

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2010, 06:24:56 PM »

When I first got ours I always topped it off. Now that I know it a little better it likes to stay about 1/2 gallon low, it leaks more than is burned or consumed!  Roll Eyes

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2010, 06:50:18 PM »

Congrats. Reminds me of my first trip home. I have read lots of threads on here about the oil leaking down because of overfull. The small spot you seen sounds normal for a 15 min idle. Take an eye dropper and put 2 drops of oil on the ground from about 2ft high. Wait 15 min and see how big it seems to get. A little goes a long way. I have ran about 3000 miles on my bus and have yet to add 1 quart. I keep seeing how people go 1000 miles and add a gallon. The wiring is really fun. I have the origanal schematic in my electrical compartment. I have found my self up until 4am just tracking wires to understand it. First thing I would do is get wire labels. As you start looking start labeling and taking notes for your bus binder. Start getting numbers off everything thing like belts, filters, headlights and lightbulbs. For some reason when something breaks or is totally gone the numbers are gone with them. Nothing worse than standing at the counter trying to tell someone your looking for a fan belt for your bus. They won't know what you need. I hope you have a volt meter. I know mine is half 12v and half 24v with more relays than a pinball machine. just remember you won't hurt it with 12v but you can fry it instantly with 24 so always start testing with 12v if you are unsure what it should be. Good luck and we are waiting to see more pics.
jordansinthesky
Otterpilot

Me at work.

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2010, 09:34:16 AM »

Here's a quick walkaround video I put up on youtube
my pd4104

I have some pics I'll try and get up, but they are pretty much the same as the pics I posted before.

1957 PD4104.  Self proclaimed youngest busnut in the nation.
Slow Rider
Global Moderator

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2010, 05:54:03 PM »

Hi Jordan,  nice looking coach, you did good Smiley

Frank

The MCI has landed..... We are home.
Dale City Va.  Just a southern suburb of DC
Yes I am a BUSNUT
1976 MCI MC8
Highway Yacht
*****Jimmy*****

Locust, North Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2010, 06:36:28 PM »

I agree... a very nice looking Coach...

1979 MC-9  8V71-Turbo / HT740             * www.MciBusTalk.com *
Locust, North Carolina                           A Site Dedicated To MCI's
Fredward

MC-5A #5401 8" roof raise 8V71 with MT647

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2010, 07:50:47 PM »

Looks real nice! Can you give us an audio tour also? I'd love to hear it run.
Fred

Fred Thomson
jordansinthesky
Otterpilot

Me at work.

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2010, 08:31:26 PM »

Glad you mentioned that Fred.  I get the feeling the idle is set low because it sounds like the engine lopes at idle, wahhh  wahhhh wahhhh wahhh.  I'll get that audio right up.

Kevin

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2010, 09:50:21 PM »

Hey Jordan,

I know that bus! My wife and I visited with the converters.... man... I forget the spelling of their name... Lamouerx or something... Gary and wife (?) We had just purchased our '04 recently. They invited us into their coach when we attended a Western GM Coach rally at Ventura, California's Buena (ms?) Ventura Beach day-use area prob'ly ten years ago or so.

The Western GM Coach Chapter of the FMCA (w/whom we had only just joined) rented the the day-use area and we were able to camp overnight in what is normally a day-use-only area. It was sooo cool!

Gary (if I'm not mistaken regarding his name) and his wife were very gracious and informative to a newbie couple such as we were. We had a very pleasant visit aboard your sweet home on wheels, and I can assure you that your coach was well cared for while in their hands! They were extremely proud of her and had done many nice upgrades.

They had a couple of Mini Dobies! A mom and daughter. Mom guarded daughter very jealously! Didn't get too near daughter (who was very friendly and so wanted our attention) 'less you didn't value your fingers much at all!

My wife Kathryn, daughter Sarah and her friend Monica took a nice late-night walk on the beach to enjoy a smoke and almost stumbled over a couple making "whoopee" on the beach! Yee-Haaaa! It was an unexpected hilarity!

Nice coach! You will "make friends" with her before you know it and the two of you will become "one". It's a love affair. Trust me!  Wink

Cheers,
Kev

"To the gov!!!"
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2010, 04:58:11 AM »

Yup looks good.

happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2010, 09:30:19 AM »

Great story Kev! And a wonderful coach Jordan!

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
jordansinthesky
Otterpilot

Me at work.

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2010, 10:12:43 AM »

Thanks Kevin.  Your story brings up a question.  The dogs you mentioned have left behind their dander and I am allergic and have been having issues sleeping in the bus due to that.  Not a good situation when my job takes me to 15,000 feet and down rapidly 20+ times a day.  My sinuses just can't hang.  Anybody have a good way to get pet dander out of something like this?

zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2010, 01:43:07 PM »

big shop vac with a hepa filter

Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2010, 01:48:56 PM »

Followed by a carpet shampooer if you have carpet.

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
chuckd

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2010, 01:55:38 PM »

I have tried to rid my trucks of the smell of smoke, and no matter how hard I tried, a commercial cleaning company was always better than anything I tried to do.  It wasn't all that pricey either.

Chuckd
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: