Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 08:12:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFPA 1192 Standard on Recreational Vehicles  (Read 6828 times)
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2010, 05:40:04 AM »

The most important thing we can do is do it safely! We can argue till the cows come home, but in the real world safety is first! Personally I would think that most of us do not want to put us and our loved ones in harms way by cutting corners.

If "Da Book" has guidelines that give us methods to follow, so be it. It's for our own good.

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
cody

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2010, 07:09:36 AM »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 04:30:30 PM by cody » Logged
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2010, 07:18:52 AM »

The word CODE here on this board gets about the same reaction as oil and antifreeze or calling your mother a bad name LOL
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 07:40:24 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2010, 11:32:04 AM »

In this thread, I've been trying to follow the reasoning used in the posts explaining how codes are different than laws. 
It has been escaping me. Then I figured out why, but I need an analogy to explain.

Picture a room that is empty except that the floor is covered with mouse traps, each loaded with an identical ping pong ball.
Now, toss in an identical ping pong ball.

I'll bet I'm not the only one who can't follow the one tossed in the room . . .  Wink

Roll Eyes  Grin  Cool

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
cody

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2010, 11:40:17 AM »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 04:31:11 PM by cody » Logged
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2010, 11:40:43 AM »

I've deliberately stayed out of the thread Kyle but in the real world those of us who have actually been involved in drafting codes know that they are created by expert committees which really means that they are created by a committee.  And then they are enacted by legislation.  So while it may be technically correct to say that they aren't actually law its a spurious argument because they clearly have the force of law if they are enacted by legislation.  The code that I am intimately familiar with is B620 which is a CSA standard for pressure vessels.  That code is about 2 inches thick printed in 10 pt on both sides of 8-1/2 x 11 paper.  The legislation that enacts it takes up about 5 pages in the gazette.  I think you can do the math.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2010, 11:41:37 AM »

Whether or not a code is law depends on what the definition of "is" is.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Iceni John

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2010, 12:06:36 PM »

18027.3 (a) (3):
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=hsc&group=18001-19000&file=18025-18034
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 01:42:19 PM by Iceni John » Logged

1990 Crown 2R-40N-552:  6V92TAC, DDEC II, HT740, Jake.      Hecho en Chino.     
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.
cody

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2010, 12:26:02 PM »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 04:31:58 PM by cody » Logged
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2010, 01:06:59 PM »

And your point being that their are rules for manufactured homes and rules that manufactures of those homes and other units are required to follow?  Still falls under administrative rules. legislative committees formulate those and adopt them, thats a given, show me the signature that changes it from an administrative rule to a law.

dan,
As I understand it, there are local, state, & federal laws, and there are different procedures for enacting laws vs. codes & there are negative sanctions available to encourage compliance of either.

So, allow me to ask it another way, what is the difference as it applies to the individual? Does the fact that it is an 'administrative rule' mean it does not apply? To me court is court, be it traffic, municipal, state, or federal. . . . 

Is this simply a matter of a lay person lumping all 'rules with mandatory compliance' under one category they call 'laws'? (Like someone would refer to his meds as "heart pills" instead of using the actual name of the drug.)

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2010, 02:40:28 PM »

I went through a divorce in NC...the ex said her boyfriend was staying at our house, sleeping in our bed while I was working.  So did here shrink.  I had done no wrong.  (No girlfriends, relationships, etc.)
'Da Judge' said to pay her $750.00 a month, keep her in insurance, give her her car and the house. 
So when I read where, 'Da Judge' says this or that...you may think I could care less about what a so called judge says!  You would be right!  (That deal cost over a quarter million!)

Now, when I read there is a code for this or that, I follow it!  Why you might ask...well I'll tell you why...it is the same as law.  Period.  I have worked for some of the most recognized liars...scuse me...lawyers in this land.  I know what they do when things were not done right.  So that said, I don't care what you call it...if it is a 'code'...it is the same as a law!

(By the way, one of the liars I did work for was trying to get a certain Johnny Reid Edwards elected president.  Aint you glad that didn't happen!)

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
cody

« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2010, 02:41:56 PM »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 04:32:59 PM by cody » Logged
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2010, 02:49:48 PM »

This has got to be the dumbest argument we have ever had here, and we have had some beauts. 

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2010, 03:21:21 PM »

dan,
Based on what I've read here & past history, I'm not the one who has a problem with comprehension skills.

I'm also not the one who is casting personal insults.

You keep posting you won't continue & yet you post again. . . .

I see no reason for me to continue with this if questions are going to return personal insults.

Kyle, there is no way that you could possibly understand any of this so I'll not pursue it any further, go back to your loving children that you are leaving the legacy for and hope that the government will let you keep your collection of fine trophys, I believe you stated that the government will only let you have one rv? is that the reason you've graced others property with the carcuses you drag home?  The simple fact that the government has limited you to possessing only one should tell you something, it should be apparent at some point but not in your finely crafted world.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: