Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 11:14:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windshield wiper problem (electric IBP wipers).  (Read 626 times)
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« on: October 26, 2010, 04:23:08 PM »

Bus folks, I have a question. We have the IBP electric wipers on our bus.

Yesterday while driving the left wiper started slapping the center column. We shut it off, but it stopped at the far left. I thought that it simply got a little bit loose, and needed to be tightened up. Now it goes the wrong direction. I am guessing that the linkage somehow got reversed. It would work perfectly if the wiper was on the right side.

So my question is, how do we reverse the wiper linkage? I have no idea how it got reversed, but it did.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 04:35:41 PM »

John,

Let me make sure Ive got this correct.

Both wipers , when turned off used to stop in the middle?

OK, with the wipers turned off, loosen the left arm, pull off and move it to where you want it when stopped, tighten up, test.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 04:40:19 PM »

Thanks for the reply, Cliff.

Previously when the wipers were running they started at the center post, and traveled to the outside of the windshields, and then they rested back at the center post again.

Now the left side rests at the extreme left side of the windshield, and travels to the center. I tried loosening it, and positioning it where it should be at the center column (I have done this before). The problem is, as soon as you turn the wiper on, it wants to overlap the center column, and then go onto the right side windshield.

Thanks for your help. I sent Steve at IBP an email. I will call first thing in the morning. I just wanted to see if you all had any ideas, because we are travelling, and it is rainy.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 05:12:57 PM »

John,

You may also have an adjustment screw (on the motor) that controls the amount of swing in the motion of the blade.

A call to IBP will probably provide your answers.

Best of luck

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: