Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 04:45:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally decided on gen set air intake  (Read 1231 times)
wal1809

Ignore
« on: October 27, 2010, 11:31:36 AM »

I have been looking and talking to some folks about the air intake for the gen set.  I think I have finally settled on this set up as I have the mount and the expanded metal grate in in the floor already.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 11:34:05 AM »

If I still need the blower fan as Lubrbus suggested then it would be easy to remove the air box and install the blower and make a new shroud for it.

www.snakebreaker.com
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 03:13:57 PM »

Wal, is that your coach for sale in Houston? NICE!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120639378609

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 04:53:37 PM »

Hello Van!  That isn't my coach, I saw it tooling around on ebay.  I saw the coach and was looking at pictures when I saw the air intake for the gen set.  I like it because I can turn the gen mount I have sideways allowing the gen to slide out to be worked on.  I have an intake grate already cut and covered int he next bay forward of the gen.  All I have to do is flip the radiator fan back around to pull air through the radiator instead of pushing as it is now.  Then build the shroud.  I know I am jinxing myself but I am thinking it will be a one day job.

www.snakebreaker.com
cody

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 01:50:41 AM »

I neither have the time nor the energy nor funding to replace silverside on my iggle but i sure admire the mirror finish, I left a quarter under my pillow once but the polishing fairy didn't show up. lol  And we don't have the roving teams of illegals up here to send scurrying over each nook and cranny of the silverside and wheels.  Bontragers had small roll out slides for things like tool boxes but appeared heavy duty enough to handle generators for not a lot of money, I'm thinking around 60 bucks for the setup if memory serves me.
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 05:54:43 AM »

That's a nice looking Eagle, but I don't like the non Eagle mirrored siding that was used. At first I thought it was an MCI with an Eagle cap and bumpers! Roll Eyes

Wal, Good Luck on your project, keep us posted on your progress. I need to something different with our air cooled Onan. The orientation is wrong and hard to work on. It's on my list of things to do......somewhere! Wink

Then you could take a Sunday drive up to Abilene and show us first hand! Cheesy

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 07:00:48 AM »

That is S/S siding he bought from IBP it is a nice bus I have seen it more than once. I sold the Stone/Bennett shifter to him

good luck
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 07:24:57 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 07:13:30 AM »

I like the way that genny is oriented and looks to be easier to service, takes up less space in the bay. Hmmm...now what to fill the xtra space with Wink.

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 07:53:43 AM »

I neither have the time nor the energy nor funding to replace silverside on my iggle but i sure admire the mirror finish, I left a quarter under my pillow once but the polishing fairy didn't show up. lol  And we don't have the roving teams of illegals up here to send scurrying over each nook and cranny of the silverside and wheels.  

Last year when I was in Florida at this luxury coach outfit I inquired as to the cost to polish out a Prevo with the stainless mirror finish, the guy told me $615 complete. 

That kind of changed my mind.  Two things I absolutely hate about bus ownership .... (1)  Washing the cotton picker.  (2)  Polishing out the Alcoa's, neither chore is very much fun.

BCO
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 07:56:31 AM by boxcarOkie » Logged

Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 11:43:33 AM »

That's what we have illegal immigrants for.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: