Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 02, 2014, 05:35:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Poll
Question: 6v92T repriming
6v92T - 0 (0%)
6v92T - 1 (100%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6v92T  (Read 732 times)
eagle10

Ignore
« on: September 12, 2006, 04:32:36 PM »

I plan to replace two of the fuel llines on my Eagle 6v92T. What is the easiest way to restart it without adding a pump for priming?
I can almost see the leak with a mirror[difficult spot] where it connects to the top of the engine.

Thanks for any help.
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 04:58:04 PM »

If these are the cross over lines on the engine going from one cylinder head to the other, you'll probably be alright by just starting it and immediately rev it up (not wildly).  Since the cross over lines are past the pump, the pump should stay primed.  If it is before the pump, then you will have to reprime it, or at least try to fill the hose with fuel to get the air out of the lines.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 05:09:03 PM »

Eagle 10 I'm somewhat confused by the poll so I hope you don't mind I didn't VOTE (same as in the last 3 Presidentail Elections, there were no qualified candidates so I didn't VOTE!)

Ok now as far as the easiest way to prime an engine without adding or using a temp primer pump is to find a plug in the fuel filter block and remove it, then take a dish soap bottle (full of diesel not soap), stick the tip of the soap bottle in the hole and squeeze in fuel while someone cranks it. Once the engine has run a couple of minutes and has instant throttle response remove the soap bottle and quickly put the plug back in!  orks every time for me! BK  Grin

TN FALL BUS BASH @ Knuckle's October 26th thru 31st!  Be here or well ahh, [/size] [/color]  or ahhh well just be somewhere else having a whole lot less fun! LOL!

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: