Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
May 22, 2018, 02:57:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pro-Link 9000 Question  (Read 1805 times)
Gerry H

1992 Prevost LeMirage XL-40 8V92 740 Allison

Ignore
« on: November 04, 2010, 06:57:57 AM »

To those of you that own or have used Pro-Link 9000's, can you clear DDECII codes with them? I just got the DDEC II troubleshooting manual 1990 version, and it states that you can only clear codes with a Diagnostic Data Reader. If you can clear them with a 9000, is it cartridge version dependant? I am looking at picking up a 9000 and carts, but want to know what they can do before buying the wrong one. Thanks for your advice. Gerry H

Forest Lake, Minnesota
Land of 10,000 mosquitoes and a few cool buses
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 07:30:41 AM »

To each his own but I would buy the DDDL software you should be able to buy the older version for your DDEC a lot cheaper than a Pro-Link and it will work on a II or III buy the version 7 and it works on all DDEC's a big plus is you can read it on the lap top screen and easier to use. 

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Hard Headed Ken

1988 Prevost Angola Conversion Repowered With 14L Series 60 & Eaton Ultrashift

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 11:59:12 AM »

If you buy the Detroit software I think you'll have to buy some type of interface / translator box. I purchased the Nexiq USB link on eBay. The prices are usually around $600. The older Nexiq translators use a DB 25 pin(I Think) connector to a Parallel port on your Laptop. Not many current laptops have this type of connection so if you buy an older Nexiq translator you'll need to purchase a parallel to USB  adapter, then it ends costing as much or than the Nexiq USB link. As far as I know Nexiq has only one competitor, The Dearborn Group. Their translator is the Protocol Adapter 4A Plus. 

Ken

Link to my engine swap slide show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxAFFBcoTQI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: