Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 03:03:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: your old bus  (Read 1821 times)
bowmaga
Betty Owner 1

Super Betty

Ignore
« on: November 02, 2010, 06:29:36 AM »

Has anyone else stumbled upon your super, cool bus you previously owned, saw it was for sale, and had that urge to buy it back???  just had that happen....the devil on my left shoulder is saying evel things to me...

Greg Bowman
1979 MCI MC9
zimtok

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 07:02:47 AM »

Well, as I have only owned the one bus I currently own I have not wanted to buy it back....

BUT,

I have bought back cars I have sold. I usually buy them back for less then I sold them for.
So i do know how you feel....

1960 PD4104-4971 - Memphis TN

Buy the new Eddie L Smith CD "STAYIN LONG" at:
http://www.eddielsmith.com
Everyone is welcome to any of our gigs listed on the website.

uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 07:19:02 AM »

Hard to buy something back if you have never sold anything.  Proud owner of two 04's and just about every automobile and motorcycle that I have had.

Keep them all   right Kyle

uncle ned

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
Rick59-4104

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 10:49:15 AM »

Not a bus but a neat story I think..I bought a 1970 Oldsmobile Rallye 350 when I was 16 in 1972. I was working on a hay hauling crew and the fellow I worked for had bought the car new in 1970 for his wife, she would bring us drinks in the hayfields and I can still remember her driving the Olds across the hayfield to get to us. In the summer of '72 I bought it from them.

My wife (girl friend then) and I drove it thru our high school years, thru our Navy years making a lot of trips from Charlestown SC to home in Arkansas. We drove the Olds for about 10 years after my discharge in 1979, by then it was needing restored and sat for a number of years waiting for me to get the time and money to restore it.

A lot of people tried to but the car over the years, one fellow came by and caught me at the right time and I sold the car to him..I had been told he was an expert at restoring cars and I told him I would sell him the car if he would give me first chance to buy it back when he got ready to sell it.  I got pretty sad watching the car go down the driveway that day and really missed it over the next 10 years or so. I always thought it was long gone.

About a week before our 33rd anniversary in 2008 my wife jokingly asked me if we called the new owner and asked did I think he would let us borrow the car for our anniversary. I said "yes honey I bet he would"  and forgot about it....2 days before our anniversary the phone rang and it was the guy who had restored the car, he told me he had decided to sell and offered me first chance at the car. Told me to come and get it keep it for a weekend and let him know. When I got in the car and drove it for the first time in 15 years it was like I had never not driven it. Same engine, transmission, original color, original interior with the exception of the front piece of the bucket seats. It now resides in our garage... No it's not for sale Smiley
Rick
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 05:19:26 PM by Rick59-4104 » Logged

NW Arkansas
1959 GM 4104  No. 4115
1972 Grumman Kurbmaster Stepvan Conversion
1957 Airstream 13 panel Overlander
longjohn

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 11:32:54 AM »

This is too funny! My Pop bought a new 1970 88 royale and at the dealer was a new just arrived Cutlass rallye 350  i tried to talk pop into buying it, he just didn't dig the yellow.lol        great story

John O
Eastern Shore of Maryland.
Rick59-4104

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 12:45:52 PM »

The Rallye 350's were bright , they only came in the Sebring Yellow, you did not get a color choice when ordering. They were kind of Oldsmobile's answer to the 70 Pontiac GTO Judges..
 We camped in the 4104 this summer and drove the Olds to the campground, it looks good parked by the bus! I am blessed, not many people at age 54 are driving their old highschool muscle car with their original girl in the passenger seat.. I guess you could just call me "sameold"
Rick

NW Arkansas
1959 GM 4104  No. 4115
1972 Grumman Kurbmaster Stepvan Conversion
1957 Airstream 13 panel Overlander
Kevin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 10:01:28 PM »

So, Gonna Give In Greg?! How Can You Resist?!

Hey Zimtok, Bus_boy here  (Oxford, Ms). Uncle Ned, you too? I can't get rid of anything! My wife is going crazy! Rick, very cool story on the Olds!

"To the gov!!!"
cody

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 12:26:11 AM »

For the most part I'm kinda like Ned, got the 1965 honda 150 dream that I bought new in 1965 for 560 bucks still, got the 1964 travel trailer that was me and libby's first non tent rv type of camper, got the 1978 revcon that was our first motorized rv, they all live at the skanee house. Also got the hasselblad 500C that I bought when we opened our first photo studio,  even got the first rickenbocher bass that I bought cause paul of the Beatles played one that looked like it, also got the first daisey red rider BB gun that I got when I was about 8 years old.  Only thing I got rid of that reminds me of my childhood was libby but she just ain't gone yet, the kids haven't decided on who gets custody of who yet.  This is why it was so tramatic when me and BK and frank and uncle ned went thru the museum at the dixie gun works, I still got and use a bunch of the stuff they got on display.  I guess it's all libby's fault, she's old.
zimtok

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 06:58:43 AM »

I found this add in an old car magazine of the Olds Ralle 350...

And here is a cover shot of the Cutless S.. the first car I owned, of course mine didn't look quite as good as this one...

1960 PD4104-4971 - Memphis TN

Buy the new Eddie L Smith CD "STAYIN LONG" at:
http://www.eddielsmith.com
Everyone is welcome to any of our gigs listed on the website.

kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 07:20:56 AM »

Hard to buy something back if you have never sold anything.  Proud owner of two 04's and just about every automobile and motorcycle that I have had.

Keep them all   right Kyle

uncle ned
Seems like I only sell the good stuff & keep the crap.
Speaking of crap, I tried to sell my '52 International L110 (been sitting outside since '88), but the wife said NO, that was to be Seth's car.
Like I need another project . . . .

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: