Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 01, 2014, 06:11:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Poll
Question: How old are you,within the range?
20-29 years old - 6 (2.4%)
30-39 years old - 20 (7.9%)
40-49 years old - 49 (19.3%)
60-70 years old - 52 (20.5%)
50-59 years old - 67 (26.4%)
older than DIRT - 60 (23.6%)
Total Voters: 253

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Age of us Busnuts not Buses  (Read 10163 times)
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2010, 12:48:57 PM »

Cody   Are you refering to me and my good mountain spring water. Don said that his whole crew fell in love with it. most of them fell down and went to sleep before quiting time.

Good mountain spring water does not have lead just plenty of kick.

uncle ned

ps hope to see every one at jacks for new year. And I don't want to see any devils when I wake up.

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
RoyJ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2010, 12:54:13 PM »

I guess there is no point in asking why 50-59 comes after 60-70??

Late life crisis?  Grin

How about how old you were when you became a busnut.

Good question. I was 11, watching TV, when they showed one of those luxry Prevost (didn't know at the time, but remember the curved side windows) conversions, starting at $650,000... I was drooling, going: wow, when I grow up, I'm so getting one.

Now that I'm all grown up (yeah right), I know better than spending my life savings on a "marble on wheels" loaded to within 70lbs of GAWR. No offense to members that can actually afford one, I'm still a little jealous  Wink
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2010, 01:20:00 PM »

How about how old you were when you became a busnut.  I was 18 in 1961 when a buddy and I bought an old Railway Express truck that we were going to cross the country in.  It was many years later before I actually had a running RV, but the dream came early.

We started out with bikes in our twenties, then to vans around thirty-three, and then moved to pickup and camper, then to travel trailer and eventually up to a bus which was I would say a dream or a goal for more than thirty years before actually becoming a reality.

Kind of makes you wonder what comes next ... my very own personalized scooter chair and a trip to see LuvRBus and the Grand Canyon? 

(It never gets old ... The canyon that is.)

BCO
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 01:23:22 PM by boxcarOkie » Logged

Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2010, 01:32:34 PM »

Oakie! on the scooter chair Shocked? Now that's raisin' Da' bar a little isn't it/ Huh Grin Grin Grin
You know you are always welcome to stop and plug in on the way down to see The Yoda! Grin
 When I was twenty1, I never thought that 32 years later I would be saying when I was twenty1, I never thought that 32 years later I would be............... Remember the seventies? Huh Huh Huh
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 01:34:09 PM by van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2010, 03:57:29 PM »

Oakie! on the scooter chair Shocked? Now that's raisin' Da' bar a little isn't it/ Huh Grin Grin Grin
You know you are always welcome to stop and plug in on the way down to see The Yoda! Grin
 When I was twenty1, I never thought that 32 years later I would be saying when I was twenty1, I never thought that 32 years later I would be............... Remember the seventies? Huh Huh Huh

Yeppers, it is true.  I used to be "scooter rat" or "biker T .... oh well, you know what I mean, right?"  Had shovel heads, one pan head, FLH. SuperGlide, Sportster (you would think I would know how to spell it at least) and a few others along the way.  Biking was a big part of my life in the sixties, which were really good to me, as I don't remember a lot of it.

I want flames and chrome lug nut covers on my scooter chair.  We will be in Vegas next year on the backhaul from Seattle thru Salt Lake and into your area .

Stock up on the "hard lemonade."

BCO

« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 04:00:43 PM by boxcarOkie » Logged

Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2010, 04:27:06 PM »

I just turned fifty in October. I got to thinking about all the things that have come to be since I arrived. Computers, CNC machines, electronic engines, heart replacement, cloning, cell phones, sattellite tv, mtv, cmt, lazer guided wepons, gps tracking, microwaves, instant hot water, ipods, dvd,cd,vhs,the fall of communism, three trillion debt for the USA(WE DON"T DO ANYTHING HALF A$$@).......... The list goes on and on.!! No wonder I am so tired all the time!!!! 
Tenor

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2010, 04:30:00 PM »

I got to hit the 30-39 button!  However, after 12/31, I'll need to hit the next one..  Undecided

Glenn

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer
divinerightstrip

1990 Le Mirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2010, 06:51:41 PM »

HELL YEAH! I am 24 since September 24th! Smiley

The Bus Girl
Nusa

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2010, 10:51:13 PM »

I don't think the poll surgery worked, given how the last 3 options are behaving. You probably have to start over to get real numbers.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2010, 02:56:31 AM »

I've been watching that too.  But those three do seem to change independently of each other and at first after the addition of the 50-59 bracket the three were well out of balance with each other.  I think what we are seeing is just a peculiar coincidence.
gus

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2010, 08:53:22 AM »

I am greatly amused at you whippersnappers in the 50-60 age range talk about being old!!

I would love to be that young again but I can't remember that far back!!

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2010, 09:21:10 AM »

Vivian McGraw is 87 and bought her first bus last year and is enjoying the heck out of it.

She attended the NE Get Together and is planning to attend Bussin' 11.
cody

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2010, 09:37:37 AM »

I'm a young whippersnapper at age 58, I retired at 49 after spending most of my life in prison and now am enjoying life as much as I can, I won't make it to the mark of being an old whippersnapper but I'll take whatever years I can get, I hope to be old and cranky at age 60 someday lol.  Those scooters are great but be careful, medicare pays up to 80% and the key part is 'up to', my power chair came in at 6400 and my part of the tab was 2800 but I can outrun libby with it, she has good sprinting speed when she is properly motivated but I can get 15 miles off the batteries so if I can outmanuver her for the first quarter mile I'm clear.  The big thing to watch out for is the care of the batteries, a set of batteries will set you back over 300.
JLL

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2010, 12:31:44 PM »

Hi all
If my memory serves me right . I'm 84 years young.  I bought my 4106 20 years ago and did my own conversion.  Recently I was asked how much longer I thought I could drive it and I said till wears out,  I hope. I feel comfortable with now.  When I start geeting nervous with It I'll sell it or give it to a charity.

JLL
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2010, 01:02:49 PM »

I became a busnut when I was 4 years old!  Watching big yellow (Crowns & GM?) coming down the mountain switchbacks down to Camp Sequoia (sp?) in the  California mountains.  My Dad ran a YMCA mountain camp, and I was in AWE of the big yellow skoolies as they came slowly down the mountain switchbacks through the tall pine trees.  Engines rumbling, dust flying everywhere.  From those days forward, when other kids were messing w/ race cars, I was playing pretend with buses. 

When we moved to the Montecito area, yet more buses when he ran a YMCA, with a day camp, and BUSES to send the kids to different locations.  It was always a treat when they chartered the 10-wheel crowns.  Whoa!!!  One day I hoped I would have a bus with a secret hatch that lead to a secret room or something.  And praise the Lord, now we do!

Kind Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: