Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 21, 2014, 04:46:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else going to Bussin 11 without a bus ?  (Read 981 times)
travelingfools

Ignore
« on: November 07, 2010, 07:21:35 PM »

Well, as long as my vacation time gets approved, it looks like we will be attending our second Bussin rally, and unfortunately due to time and $$$ we will be bussless. The last time we went, we slept in our van, but this time we are looking for a hotel. Anyone stayed in a hotel near the rally before or have any recommendation ?

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 05:11:24 AM »

I spent several winters in Arcadia. Buffalo in the winter or Arcadia? I'll pick Arcadia every time.
  I did not stay at hotels, but had friends who did. From what I saw I would stay at the Holiday Inn Express.
  There are also reasonably priced flights from Niagara Falls airport to Punta Gorda, as low as $99 each way! May be too late to get a cheap flight!

http://www.visitdirectair.com/
                                                                         JIm

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 06:45:36 AM »

I did the Holiday Inn Express route one year. Not as good as being on site, but a close second.  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 07:34:36 AM »

Lots of folks have used the hotels, lots going to this year, from the sounds of it.

Pretty easy to bum a shower from someone?

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 10:09:49 AM »

The holiday in express looks good. Travelocity has it at 96 a night.

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 05:51:04 AM »

I may end up having to fly down because I am had to use some of my PTO days due to illness and now I'm short a day.  I found a number of hotels in cities near Arcadia.

I could still leave in my bus Monday evening and make it by Thursday morning if everything went right.  I may also be able to borrow forward a PTO day from 2011 as I get my new allotment on Jan 1.  I'm trying to still take the bus and avoid flying, but I also don't want to kill myself trying to drive all the way down there in two days.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: