Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 05:23:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else going to Bussin 11 without a bus ?  (Read 1045 times)
travelingfools

Ignore
« on: November 07, 2010, 07:21:35 PM »

Well, as long as my vacation time gets approved, it looks like we will be attending our second Bussin rally, and unfortunately due to time and $$$ we will be bussless. The last time we went, we slept in our van, but this time we are looking for a hotel. Anyone stayed in a hotel near the rally before or have any recommendation ?

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 05:11:24 AM »

I spent several winters in Arcadia. Buffalo in the winter or Arcadia? I'll pick Arcadia every time.
  I did not stay at hotels, but had friends who did. From what I saw I would stay at the Holiday Inn Express.
  There are also reasonably priced flights from Niagara Falls airport to Punta Gorda, as low as $99 each way! May be too late to get a cheap flight!

http://www.visitdirectair.com/
                                                                         JIm

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 06:45:36 AM »

I did the Holiday Inn Express route one year. Not as good as being on site, but a close second.  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 07:34:36 AM »

Lots of folks have used the hotels, lots going to this year, from the sounds of it.

Pretty easy to bum a shower from someone?

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 10:09:49 AM »

The holiday in express looks good. Travelocity has it at 96 a night.

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 05:51:04 AM »

I may end up having to fly down because I am had to use some of my PTO days due to illness and now I'm short a day.  I found a number of hotels in cities near Arcadia.

I could still leave in my bus Monday evening and make it by Thursday morning if everything went right.  I may also be able to borrow forward a PTO day from 2011 as I get my new allotment on Jan 1.  I'm trying to still take the bus and avoid flying, but I also don't want to kill myself trying to drive all the way down there in two days.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: