Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 10:10:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: does anyone else have this obsession?  (Read 3344 times)
divinerightstrip

1990 Le Mirage XL

Ignore
« on: November 08, 2010, 04:17:48 AM »

Uh-oh...

http://www.prevostdiecast.com/

I have a little addiction with collecting the smaller version of everything that I have.
See? Here's an example:
For those of you who haven't seen my car:

And, here is model that I made of it (and finished last week!!):

Does anyone else do this? have this addiction? If so, I want to see your collection! Either diecast, models bought or made by hand!!

-DRT
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 04:19:44 AM by divinerightstrip » Logged

The Bus Girl
CrabbyMilton

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 04:24:14 AM »

I have 10 CORGI die cast buses(1:50). They are very accurate in relation to the real ones. I also have about half dozen plus of CORGI fire trucks.
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 05:32:55 AM »

I stopped building models in the 10th grade, when I realized I could actually build the real things!......but I do have a question......why would I live in a neighborhood...where I need to put iron bars on all of the windows?......LOL...... Wink

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
CrabbyMilton

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 06:13:26 AM »

We live in an age where we don't put criminals in prison where they belong so, this is what needs to be done. There's no reason why good people have to leave the homes that they worked hard to maintain. MAKE THE BAD GUYS LEAVE. Aside from that, bars on certain windows are a great discouragement to wouldbe criminals. Besides, not all of us are blessed enough to live in a 100% crime free neighborhood. My neighborhood is not bad by any stretch but some petty theft isolated incidents have taken place over the years that prevent it from being perfect. A huge prison in the middle of the desert with inhumane conditions would be be a nice start.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 06:21:45 AM »

CM, here in AZ Sheriff Joe agrees with you but the Feds and the courts of our land don't they are suing him now BTW Joe is my hero those guys don't deserve a Holiday Inn

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 06:25:43 AM »

I agree with you crabby. It is such a shame it has come to that. I dont think there is such a thing as a safe, crime free neighborhood anymore. You see it all the time on tv where some horrific crime has occurred, and people are saying it is such a safe neighborhood they didnt think it could happen there. Anything that make a person safer in their home, or their belongings safer is a good thing. I know we have never had a problem, and could prob. say what a safe area we are in, but guess what, we have crime deterents, from the high tech to the low tech, but we dont have bars on windows. Some areas are known for not being safe, but like crabby said, not everyone has the money to make choices. Sorry, didnt mean to rant, lol. Now the subject at hand, I use to love collectables, but, as I have gotten older, I find it necessary to declutter. Pretty much, if it is not being used, then it is gone. Makes life easier. Craigslist is getting more of my stuff now days, lol.

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
paulcjhastings

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 06:29:45 AM »

I have a die cast model of my latest snowmobile, my 190e Evo 2, and have been looking for one of my Setra 215.(I would love to find on of these if anyone has a line on it)

Paul Hastings
1993 Setra 215 w/ Detroit Series 60 & Allison HT748
Belle Plaine, MN
612-987-6021cel
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 06:32:36 AM »

Paul I have models of the S417 but none of the S215 or S217.
I have seen them on fleebay several times but they always go for an outrageous amount!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 06:37:26 AM »

My first car was a SS396 Chevelle. I had to buy 3 model kits to get all the right parts to build an accurate model. Like Pat, I quit building models when I was able to build the real thing I could actually drive around & burn rubber.  Grin

I've bought several Corgi models of the PD4501, mainly to collect the different paint schemes Greyhound used.
I also collect Greyhound memorabilia from the Scenicruiser heyday.  Cool

I have a bunch of Post House china - we've used it more than our wedding china!  Shocked   Roll Eyes  Grin  Grin  Grin

The coolest thing I have is a Post House menu that has a Scenicruiser on the cover. . . .

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 06:43:12 AM »

The menu:

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 07:00:29 AM »

I was looking for a diecast MCI 5A but never found one, don't know if they ever made one or not, kinda gave up on it. We did however find a windchime that had little yellow diecast buses on it that i repainted to match the colors of our bus. Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 07:31:25 AM »

I have a die cast model of my latest snowmobile, my 190e Evo 2, and have been looking for one of my Setra 215.(I would love to find on of these if anyone has a line on it)

Just did a quick google and see that Herpa do diecast models of eight different Setra bus types. Prices range from 12.10 euros to 29.50 euros ($17 - $40).

Here's an S215:

Jeremy

PS. I find the availability of diecast models of my bus really annoying. There are hundreds of them - just about every variation and fleet livery combination you can think of. Whenever I'm searching for stuff about the full-size bus all I get is bombarded with information about the models

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
paulcjhastings

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 07:38:11 AM »

Bryce I bet an executive who worked for Setra in the early 90's would have one. My father in law had a bunch of a aircraft models that were given out to people in the industry.

Jeremy close but no cigar, I have seen many of those however mine is an HDH it has a tag as well.

Paul Hastings
1993 Setra 215 w/ Detroit Series 60 & Allison HT748
Belle Plaine, MN
612-987-6021cel
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 07:58:45 AM »

Hmm...Herpa actually refer to the model shown as a "Setra S215 HDH bus". Not knowing what 'HDH' means I've no idea whether it is accurate or not.

As far as having a tag is concerned, that's easy:

(Actually, perhaps not that easy - the model above is describes as being a Herpa, but the photo is taken from an enthusiast's website, and that particular model doesn't currently appear on Herpa's own site - presumably it's no longer being made)

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
CrabbyMilton

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 09:27:34 AM »

I have a pair of those SETRA S215's. I bought one and decided that I wanted 2. HERPA had good detail for such a small model. CORGI has FLXIBLE CLIPPERS out now.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: