Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 03:17:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: does anyone else have this obsession?  (Read 3342 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 09:36:03 AM »

Hmm...Herpa actually refer to the model shown as a "Setra S215 HDH bus". Not knowing what 'HDH' means I've no idea whether it is accurate or not.

As far as having a tag is concerned, that's easy:

(Actually, perhaps not that easy - the model above is describes as being a Herpa, but the photo is taken from an enthusiast's website, and that particular model doesn't currently appear on Herpa's own site - presumably it's no longer being made)

Jeremy,
This is the exact (or very close too it) model Paul & I have.
But as you noted it is no longer made, and when one comes up on ebay, etc they go for "big $" (I have been bidding on some that went for over $100. Which is more than I'm willing to pay!)
Grin  BK  Grin

Jeremy

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 06:42:59 PM »

DRT -

I've been collecting die-cast bus models since I was a kid.  I think I have over 150 in my collection now.

Some oddballs, some European, majority American, various scales.

Never found the one die-cast I'd love to have - a 4106.  There are resin ones out there, pricy (over $300 new painted).  Wish Corgi would do one. . .

Currently most are packed away in storage, no place to "show" them at the moment.

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
S13406 Now
Fresno CA
Iceni John

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 09:29:23 PM »

This little gem is on eBay now:  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130451760180&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

I'm curious why it needs two drivers to drive it;  maybe it doesn't have power steering, or perhaps the driver can take his girlfriend along with him.   With a rear engine and a front radiator it's like a Bristol RE  -  it's even got a rear start switch (but no safety switch).   It may say Crown, but its side profile is more Gillig-esque.

John

1990 Crown 2R-40N-552:  6V92TAC, DDEC II, HT740, Jake.      Hecho en Chino.     
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.
divinerightstrip

1990 Le Mirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2010, 05:40:27 AM »

The menu:

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!
To answer the question: because my rent is $200 a month, and I have a backyard to store my cars, and a basement to store bucketloads of parts, and my bicycles!
Yes, I live in Pawtucket, RI. Not the safest place in the world. We have had one break in since I've been living there, but it was the first floor. No one wants to climb the stairs all the way to the third floor! lol Wink

-DRT

The Bus Girl
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2010, 06:13:35 AM »

"We have had one break in since I've been living there, but it was the first floor. No one wants to climb the stairs all the way to the third floor! lol Wink"

Especially run down them with an armload of stolen goods huh?
Grin  BK  Grin

Also Anja, I collect models too, (just like "Howie on Deal or No Deal" would you be one of my models?) Wink

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
divinerightstrip

1990 Le Mirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2010, 07:02:34 AM »

hehehehehehehee Wink

The Bus Girl
DMoedave

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2010, 08:33:11 PM »

I used to make bus shaped Christmas ornaments for my friends and never kept one. This is one i started and have to finish. Just like the real one, meaning having to finish.

we love our buses!!! NE Pa or LI NY, or somewhere in between!
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2010, 09:56:48 AM »

I wonder if this concept works in reverse.  Having a 5a would mean I get a little model of a 5a.  If I got a model of a new Liberty Prevost, maybe one would appear in my driveway.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2010, 03:57:45 PM »

I wonder if this concept works in reverse.  Having a 5a would mean I get a little model of a 5a.  If I got a model of a new Liberty Prevost, maybe one would appear in my driveway.

yup I started with a model of a S417 and now we got 2 of them! (AND THE PAYMENT BOOK TO GO WITH THEM TOO!)
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: