Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 01:04:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Min accident/commercial?  (Read 4302 times)
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2010, 02:48:16 PM »

Kind of relies on mutual intimidation, doesn't it?  works surprisingly well, if you don't put points on minor injuries.

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
Tenor

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2010, 05:38:07 PM »

Uncle Sam and his nephew Michigan are looking to stop ANYTHING that could be used as commercial.  If you have a pickup truck with a flatbed trailer and a push lawnmower on it, you'd better be DOT compliant!  I won't put a thing on my conversion.  My acapella group has had enough to deal with since our cube truck has a GVWR of 10,500.  To sing, not push gear up a ramp, and use a lift gate instead, I had to become a truck driver!  Great friends of mine were returning from their summer home in Florida.  They were pulling a 30ft car hauler behind a Ford f350.  No lettering.  They crossed the Michigan/Indiana border and were almost immediately pulled over by DOT.  The officer stated that they were pulling over vehicles that LOOKED like they could be being used for commercial use without the proper identification.  Guilty until proven innocent! 

Sorry for the rant, but this one really torques me off!

Glenn

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: