Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 02:12:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Floorplan Ideas  (Read 2504 times)
ToppDog

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2010, 05:50:16 AM »

Here is an edited version of the floorplans based on many of your suggestions.

http://s962.photobucket.com/albums/ae105/ToppDog/Floorplans/?action=view&current=Untitled3.jpg

The new D3 version has more storage, but less seats.
DMoedave

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2010, 06:51:47 AM »

I like your revised plan. the 45 at the very rear looks good on paper, might be a pain in real life going back and forth, make sure you plan for an emergency exit in the rear bedroom. My first place was a 50's vintage mobile home in Tenn. It was about 40' and you came in at the middle and the wall was in your face and the bathroom to the left and a door on into the bedroom. going "foward" from the entrance it was open full width with the kerosene heat right there! but as you looked back the kitchen staarted wide and tapered down to the other door leading to the bedroom and the bathroom was on the other side of the  45 starting narrow at the entrance and going wide to the rear. I always liked that set up and it seemed pretty cool and open on the kitchen side. Good luck with your future bussing plans. Go to rallys!!!!

we love our buses!!! NE Pa or LI NY, or somewhere in between!
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2010, 08:56:26 AM »

I like the top original floor plan but as per reasons suggested, it might not be the best, practically speaking. But it's cool!!! (always something to be said for the "cool factor"! Grin)

One thing I did want to mention, that I have planned, is, basically, building the bed on a wooden box, as it were, and mounting it on slides so you can move it side to side to make the bed,  as well as being able to double your space on one the side for dressing, etc. Of course, it also has to be able to be secured.
I have a foam mattress that will allow me to have drawers on one side with easy access where the bed will mostly stay and then also be able to lift the mattress to open the other side where it will be mostly free span for "long term storage". Or you could use drawers on both sides. Whatever floats your goat.
Just a thought. I'll let ya all know how it works if I ever get my arm straightened out and get to start working on my bus again.

Chaz

Oh and Cody, thanx for that great visual that's burnt into my mind!!  Grin OOOHHHHH the trouble I would be in!!!!!!!!!   Shocked   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy LOL

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Lee Bradley

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2010, 10:15:05 AM »

Chaz,
My bed will be on slides; the slides are installed. I am using electric actuators to move the bed. They also secure it in the position where stopped.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: