Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 02:34:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's on your wall.  (Read 1125 times)
chuckd

Ignore
« on: November 15, 2010, 12:53:38 PM »

Yes, shorty has some very nice "plush" carpet on his wall. Doesn't it just make you want to go disco dancing?

chuck
eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 01:41:11 PM »

Mine is laminate.
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 02:52:08 PM »

We have paintable wallpaper (but hasn't been painted) and cherry laminate with round corners thru-out.

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 05:11:52 PM »

I have bright silvery OEM stainless steel with a few places of glue that needs scraping and misc stuck pieces of early 1980s style yellow foam insulation  Grin

One day I will have walls that will be cool. I have some 4x8 African Mahogony in 1/8" thickness and I have paintable wallpaper....... One day, all this will go up. It is a step at a time, and for me there seems to be lots of time in between the steps.

I love the blue rope lighting, and the carpet is really good for sound deadening and insulation purposes, and Ace's looks so elegant!!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 05:13:49 PM by happycamperbrat » Logged

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 05:44:18 PM »

The blue lighting really helps at night while driving. I don't have to close the curtain to block the glare from the windshield.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 05:45:21 PM »

We use quilt batting on wall covered by upholstery material.lots of choices in design and color also easy to update..3rd coach this way . nice soft touch and sound deadening..Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 06:10:11 PM »

That's another thing I have TONZ of is quilt batting and upholstery grade deep blue velvet. I need to get some time to finish stripping, Im getting help to put the bus in the air and do the work needed underneath, then I gotta finish stripping. I also gotta put up insulation which I think I am going to use the bubble tin foil stuff because the spray foam is expensive and the styrofoam would melt in a fire and I think that with 2 layers and an air gap inbetween that the bubble tin foil would be just as insulative if not more so then the other 2 choices. The wiring and plumbing will be in channels outside the walls for easy maintence and I guess I will have ductless air cond and heating. Im still confused about painting the inside of the coach with ceramic paint stuff before I put up the insulation..... I may or may not do this.

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 06:17:58 PM »

in a fire the fumes (poison Gas) from furniture would get you first long before the plywood over the insulation burned thru.the R-factor on the bubble is next to nothing. compare r-value and cost.Another discussion but it is very important considering the extreme temps you will be using your coach in..Good luck Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 09:28:10 PM »

Thank you Bob for the info both in PM and here. Im back to the drawing board. I would rather not gas my family which is why I was staying awaying from the foam board. Yes, this insulation is for another discussion. When Im ready to actually do the work I will post a thread about it.

Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 03:26:54 AM »

I'm a long way from needing it yet, but I bought a roll of commercial-grade fabric wallpaper from Ebay for my bus. It's the sort of stuff you see in the lobby of hotels and so on - very plush, but also very durable. Being fabric-based it's quite thick and is impossible to tear (I've tried), so I think it will be ideal for the bus. The roll I bought was huge, so I think 95% of it will be going back on Ebay when I've done.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: