Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 03, 2014, 12:56:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last report then back to bussin for me! Off Topic  (Read 1542 times)
Ace

« on: August 31, 2006, 08:21:41 PM »

Took "Bud-Ro" to the vet today and got him checked out. It appears to the vet that he is approx. 4 1/2 months old and VERY smart for his age. I have to agree (since I belong to him) and he behaved very well amongst the other dogs that came in and went. He sat there tall and proud right next to my leg without the first sound. He got his nails clipped and all of his necessary shots. The bad news (for him) is, he goes back in on Wednesday to lose his uh, you know what's and also get his micro chip.
All the girls in the office just loved him up (lucky him) and he returned the favor! It was good to see that the Vet herself couldn't get enough of him. She held him and hugged him what seemed forever. She never did that with me! LOL He might be a little strange looking but he grows on you real fast! He simply irisistable!
He made me proud to belong to him from the comments I received today while being there around strangers!

OK Bud-Ro is sleeping just as the vet said he would, from the shots he got today, and since I'm all played out, I'm off to bed myself!

Thanks to EVERYONE for keeping my hopes up and having ya'll to write to about my new buddy via this site and email. A Special Thanks to MAK (though he doesn't care much for me) for allowing a site like this to be used as I have, which obviously didn't include questions or information about busses, but just plain everyday personal stuff in my life! Thanks Mike...

From now on, it's back to bussin!

Ace, Susan,&  Bud-Ro "the bussin romeo"
Devin & Amy
FMCA#377731

1980 MC9 8v71 4spd man. Fulltiming family of 6

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 08:24:00 PM »

yea!!!

Devin, Amy, and the kids!!
Happily Bussin'!!
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 05:02:57 AM »

... She held him and hugged him what seemed forever. She never did that with me!

Probably a good thing or Susan might be sending you in with the dog to get your you-know-what's removed!  Cheesy

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 05:24:32 AM »

How does your new passenger like the bus?  (that should put it on topic Wink)

take him for rides while he is young to help get used to it and you need to run big doghouse on wheels any way.

Were all human and we all have our own motivation to get one of these behemoths?  IMHO motivation is as much apart of this as an 8v71 (i guess opinions are as much apart as sanitary tanks Cheesy), knowledge, money, energy, & time.  All your resources and what you decide to do with them.

Good luck, I have to go put resources into getting the bus outta here?

Cool

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Ace

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 08:22:44 PM »

I THOUGHT some of you would be glad that the dog stories are done and now it's back to bussing! In fact, I'm going out Saturday after work, to charge up my start batteries and go for a short spin! Yes Newbee, that's a great idea! I'll probably take ole' "Bud-Ro" with me just to see what he thinks about riding in aBig shiny H3 Prevost and let him get a feel for what it's like going from the Ga. Pound to the Florida Penthouse! Some of you humans (not all)  should be so lucky!

Ace
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 06:22:35 AM »

Paula & I had the pleasure of meeting "Bud-Ro" last night (and seeing Ace & Susan also).  What a dog!!  Very well mannered for a puppy and a a beautiful looking cattle dog.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
rwc
No longer will be Now AM

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 06:40:51 AM »

Now Ace has someone to send to THE POG meetings>

Ace

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 07:01:16 AM »

Jack it was nice seeing you and Paula again. Just wish we could have been there earlier to spend more time with everyone! The music was good for what we saw and heard and as we were leaving, we stopped by a couple of jam sessions and listened in! Probably just as much talent there as there is on stage!
Bud-Ro slept the whole way home and once in the driveway, he surprised us by getting out of the car on his own! It's a start! LOL

rwc, regarding the POGS, do they even have meetings? I haven't heard much about them!

I now belong to the DOG club! (Dog Owners Group) Hey, maybe I can start something here for busnuts that own Dogs!

Anyone want to be a DOG? Smiley   I'lll bet the DOG membership surpasses the POGS in a hurry!

Thanks again, Jack!

Ace
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 05:46:25 AM »

Ace, I for one are going to miss "The Misadventures of Bud-Ro".  I've been with you from the very first post and read each one with
various emotional swings...when you were 'up'..I was too.  When you were 'down' I felt beat up. Huh

But as they say, "All's well that ends well" and it looks like Bud-ro is going to be among the more famous dogs in the Bussin' community.  Enjoy each other and always remember...unlike people, your dog will give you the best day of his life...every day of his life. Grin

Just another dog lover and BusNut......

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Ace

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 06:24:35 AM »

Thanks Bob! It feels good to know there are other busnuts in our community that like to share their stories about thier pets! I was so down in the dumps about losing my long time pal that all I did was search for another. I can tell you this, I found the right one. Or silly as it may sound, he found me! He has been the best thing since sliced bread. I was going to say, since owning a Prevost, but that may have caused some contreversy! Smiley I'm getting him used to riding around in the van and the car. Next weekend, he'll probably ride in the bus. He'll like that I'm sure!
The reason I sort of stopped writing about my adventures with him were I received an email from one friendly person on this site that advised me that this site was for busses, and not dogs. When I posted that I was back to bussing, even Devin said, "YEA", so that kind of made me realize that I was using this site for my personal communication with friends about personal everyday stuff rather than bus stuff!
It's no big deal! In my days before, I would have reacted differently but now I just let it roll off my back!
I'm happy and upbeat and that's all that matter's!

I'll have Bud-Ro with me at all the rallies I attend and if anyone that is familiar with him due to the stories I worte here, your more than welcome to meet him and me of course! I promise he won't bite!

Until then...
Ace
Happycampersrus

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 10:18:18 AM »

Ace,

I enjoyed reading about your new pal. Cool name by the way. I'm sure you will have many great adventures. I'm sure you have found the right one.

Not to really slam the person that emailed you, But all they have to do is read the subject line and then choose not to read the thread. It is a simple as that. I do it all the time if a subject doesn't appeal to me I don't open it.† Grin

Dale
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: