Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 11:17:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Affordable Bus Conversion Insurance?  (Read 5290 times)
gus

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2012, 02:46:15 PM »

When I asked USAA to insure my 4107 in 12/10 they said they no longer insured RVs. I already knew they didn't insure trucks over one ton.

They insured my 4104 because it was grandfathered in from '05, but were taking no new ones.

I went to Progressive because USAA referred me to them and have been happy with them; however, I've never filed a serious claim with them either!

I have Good Sam Emergency road service and have been happy with that so their RV insurance is probably good also, GS seems to be a very well operated business.

Don't be fooled by USAA's rebate, they are just returning your money they didn't need like any other insurance company. They are great, I've been a member for 60 years, but they are required by law to return your money!!

You're lucky you didn't get State Farm, they and Allstate are the two worst insurance companies according to Consumer Reports and I have personal knowledge of how bad SF is. Both had disastrous records for home claim service after Katrina.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2012, 07:02:36 PM »

We got GMAC many years and rigs ago when we were Good Sam members.  We haven't been members for 20 years now but still have the insurance.  At the time we insured this bus, they only would do liability until we sent them pictures and an appraisal.  They then gave full coverage based on the appraisal.  I have since raised the coverage based on adding the auto transmission and other work.  They did not ask for the documentation at the time but said I should keep it available should I ever need to show the work was done.  So far, no problems.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: