Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 03:02:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8v92 main bearing bolts  (Read 982 times)
luvrbus

« on: September 01, 2006, 12:58:08 PM »

I am putting the crankshaft in my engine and the dd book calls  for International Compound No 2 on the heads and threads of the bolts my problem is that Williams Detorit can not tell me what is and or a equivalent for it so please if  anyone knows please tell me because this is a new crankshaft and I want to right about what i use thanks
Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 01:41:02 PM »

It comes in a quart sized metal can. Looks like peanut butter, it allows for proper torquing of bolts - a type of thread lubricant.
It is sold by Detroit dealers. I have a can of it in my tool box at work. I'll get you a part number from the can tomorrow.
I don't know of an equivalent product, somebody else here might be able to help with that info. I only use the "peanut butter" during assembly.  Cool
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 01:50:52 PM »

From my experience in rebuilding diesel engines...it just Assembly Grease and can be bought from your local auto parts store.

We to, always referred to it as Peanut Butter as a slang.  I can't imagine why the specs for DD should be different than any other engine manufacturer...unless they sell it under their own label.

Many companies do that with non-propietary items just for more profit...and I wouldn't put that past Roger.

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 08:10:35 PM »

On the big diesel powerplants (GM) on railroad diesel locomotives I think they still use a product called Lubriplate.
Dennis
Hi Yo Silver!

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 09:14:54 AM »

Here's the DD part number: 1#5198563, 2lb 10oz can.
Best of luck with your repair.  Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: