Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 04:27:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What I want to build/convert (take a deep breath)  (Read 2928 times)
mdainsd

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2006, 09:34:05 PM »

Keep em coming guys, that is exactly why this forum is such a great resourse!

Jeremy, Busted Knuckle, I agree with you . and the material is there anyway! My original comes out at just a tad over 35'.

This one is right at 45'. I will be down to the highway patrol Tuesday to find out the absolute maximum length for a single unit vehicle.

so here you go, 45 feet:

"The difference between stupidity and genius, is that genius has it's limits" - Albert Einstein
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2006, 11:31:51 AM »

A couple of pics, for inspiration: (both these are based on Scania chassis')

Also, the Aussies have a laid-back approach to vehicle lengths - for instance, 53.5m long (176 feet), 170 tons and fully road legal:

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
mdainsd

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2006, 01:51:32 PM »

I went to the California's website today.

Maximum overall length of a motorhome is 45 feet.

Anything over 40 feet requires a class B license and you are restricted in routes you may take. Im going to stay at 40 or under for reduced hassles.

"The difference between stupidity and genius, is that genius has it's limits" - Albert Einstein
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2006, 04:04:19 PM »

Somewhere along the way I picked up a link to this page:

http://www.towingworld.com/articles/TowingLaws.htm

The 8th column shows the maximum motorhome length for each U.S. state or Canadian province.  To get the most out of this project, you may want to move to Utah.  I wouldn't want to drive a single piece vehicle that long.  Shocked

It also shows a lot of other good information including maximum combined length for multipart vehicles, dimensions, weights and which jurisdictions honor reciprocity.
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2006, 11:14:31 AM »

Jeremy - loved the pic of the bus w/ the Brush Guard - LOL - every Off Road Bus needs one

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: