Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 06:39:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas for flat panel TV mount  (Read 2057 times)
sdh3

Ignore
« on: September 01, 2006, 03:24:27 PM »

We want to buy a 32" LCD flat panel tv and mount it to the ceiling.  We would like to then fold it up in a horizontal position when not in use.  We are having no luck finding a mount that does this for this size and wondering if anyone has engineered one, or has any ideas. 
Thanks for your help
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 04:33:50 PM »

You might give www.mounts and more.com a try.

NCbob

I fixed the link. Hope I did not screw up again. LOL
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 06:01:32 PM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Moof

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 05:09:38 PM »

I am sure I saw a post on this very subject a while back.  I went back through the posts to the 4th of July but couldn't find it.  From what I remember Marathon or one of the other high dollar converters was mounting the flat panel tv's as you are suggesting, but the tv's were failing because they were not designed to be stored horizontally.

Does anyone remember that post, or is it just my birthdays catching up with me?
Moof

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 05:33:17 PM »

Alright, I found the information I was looking for.  It wasn't in a post, it was in the August Bus Conversion Magazine, page 54.  One of the writers answering the question said Marathon and others were having problems with the foldup plasma tv's.  It was suggested to research whether or not the LCD's could be stored horizontally.

There was also discussion about how temperatures affected these units.  If you don't have the magazine you should subscribe.  It is a great resource, and it is how this bb is supported.

Was that plug ok?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 07:08:01 PM by Moof » Logged
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 05:59:56 PM »

Heh - I think considering the site you are on, that plug is   

Grin    Just Fine    Grin  

Best Regards, Phil
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 06:06:18 PM by plyonsMC9 » Logged

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Greg Paciga (S.Ga)
Future centerfold

4 years and I'm almost there. N.J. Transits Rock!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 06:53:19 PM »

I'm building mine in the end of the Kitchin cabinets. Right in front of the small computer desk. It'll rise up out of the cabinet using a 24" actuator and not only serve as a TV. But as a 30" Computer monitor.

Don't think your going to do a conversion overnight. I did and 4 years later I'm still only 85% done. LOL  Smiley  Smiley

Why??  Because I did it right. Check out my any of my 900+
pics posted on Community webshots.com
sdh3

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 06:36:54 PM »

No luck with Mounts&More, but nice site.  I have contacted a couple of TV companies and have talked to several sales, and most say LCD will be fine in horizontal position...no problem.  However, there were a couple that said No.  And we never thought we would have so much trouble with this, or we would have built it behind the desk too, as we are using it for computer also, and toyed with that idea.  Unfortunately cabinets are all in place, and we arent willing to tear it out agiain.  Ahhh the joys of converting! 
MCI Dave

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 08:49:06 PM »

Here is a link to a company that makes a motorized version. I think its about $20,000 ( no kidding ) http://www.auton.com/content/gallery/plasma_flip.html
I have seen this mount in action and it's way cool.
I think I will make my own non motorized version.

Good luck

Why would a LCD TV care what position it's mounted in? I do not remember any warnings in my owners manuel. Maybe I will find out when I get it mounted. : )
Greg Paciga (S.Ga)
Future centerfold

4 years and I'm almost there. N.J. Transits Rock!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 05:36:03 AM »

Here is a link to a company that makes a motorized version. I think its about $20,000 ( no kidding ) http://http://www.auton.com/content/gallery/plasma_flip.html
I have seen this mount in action and it's way cool.
I think I will make my own non motorized version.

Good luck

Why would a LCD TV care what position it's mounted in? I do not remember any warnings in my owners manuel. Maybe I will find out when I get it mounted. : )

Hey Dave. The next time your any where they have sthese in stock. Take notice as to how thier packaged and stored at the stores.
All in upright posistions. Makes you wonder why they'd do that doesn't it? Smiley

Greg Paciga (S. Ga.)

Don't think your going to do a conversion overnight. I did and 4 years later I'm still only 85% done. LOL  Smiley  Smiley

Why??  Because I did it right. Check out my any of my 900+
pics posted on Community webshots.com
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 06:46:36 AM »

Here is a link to a company that makes a motorized version. I think its about $20,000 ( no kidding )

Here are all the parts to build your own...

http://www.firgelliauto.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: