Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 02, 2014, 05:33:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do simple repairs get so difficult?  (Read 4075 times)
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2010, 02:05:31 AM »

Arcadia? Gee...... I wish! Nope. It's good to see there are at least a few men who admit to their "shortcomings" though!

Okay, I think I've embarrassed myself enough lmao!!

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2010, 08:07:56 AM »

You're not talking about air lines anymore are you...Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2010, 10:30:19 AM »

Teresa -

Don't be embarrassed - that was one funny line!

At least you got a rise out of some folk!   Shocked

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2010, 07:15:06 PM »

I spent most of my evening working on my bus in the 25 degree weather.  I got the starting batteries replaced and the air governor replaced.  I also checked the lines to the air governor to make sure they weren't kinked somewhere.  Unfortunately, the gasket for the air governor got damaged so it leaks and needs to be replaced.  I'll get another one tomorrow and try again tomorrow evening.

Bryce's suggestion to get a pair of insulated bib overalls really paid off as I stayed pretty warm despite the cold.

I'll keep at until Dec 24th if need be so I can head to Arcadia.  If the bus doesn't pan out I'll have to drive my car instead.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2010, 06:22:21 AM »

I have found that repair jobs like to 2-3Xs longer than I think they will.  If I X3 my estimate to adjust for this the job will take 6 to 9X longer.  So I struggle on in ignorance, hope for the best and once in awhile something gets done faster than I expect, but I am still always behind schedule!!!?Huh  When I was in my twenties I would correct for this by working 20 hr days to catch up, but now I just accept it as the price of doing business and sometimes hiring a bunch of young guys to hustle it through.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: