Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 08:02:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: useable living space  (Read 1197 times)
oldallegro

Ignore
« on: April 15, 2006, 08:34:36 AM »

Just wondering how much useable space can be gained by moving the radiators on a 102a3 (1989 - 8v92) bus?  Can I even get an extra foot?  Is it worth the effort?  Thanks for whatever advice you all have.  By the way - how much useable space is there normally from behind the driver's seat to the back wall?  I am in Africa right now and have no way to check.

Kurt
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 08:59:33 AM »

In general, the drivers space is about 4ft. The radiators could give you almost 2 ft more if you went through the extensive redesign of the cooling system (can be done-just convert to a side radiator).  I would suggest just leaving the radiators where they are and use the space above for some sort of storage space.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
oldallegro

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 10:05:04 AM »

So there is roughly 34' of living space from the back of the driver's seat to the rear wall.  May I also ask how much clearance there is from the top of the side windows to the ceiling?  Is it the same clearance all the way across or higher in the middle?  Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: