Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 11:01:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UPS delivery  (Read 1461 times)
Ace

Ignore
« on: December 01, 2010, 08:57:11 PM »

Monday I received an email from Prevost about my order and it stated that my special order mirror mounts would be at my house on Wednesday (today) and sure enough, they arrived! I checked the hole pattern and the radius and they fit perfectly!
Can't wait to try them out with the used chrome mirrors I purchased while in Hoboken that had the wrong mounts for my bus! Chrome mounts from Prevost were pricey at $289.00 EACH where as the polished aluminum ones that I got were $66.00 each! Good enough for me! They took 3 weeks to get since they had to be made at Ramco but none the less, I got them and the craftsmanship looks awesome! I guess this is now my NEXT project! Smiley

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 12:52:47 AM »

Ace -

A little polish now and then on these mounts, and nobody will know the difference!

Be sure to take some "before" and "after" pics to share!

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 06:54:18 AM »

I bet they will look great. You might think about taking them down to your local auto body shop and ask how much it would be to clear coat them while they are painting. They could slide them in for next to nothing.
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 12:09:02 PM »

I would maybe talk to a plater, you could get them chrome plated, or you might be able to get them anodized.  It may not be that expensive.  Nice to get some nice new parts.  My Ramco mirrors seem to just bolt to the stock MCI mirror mounts.

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 05:05:20 PM »

Oh well I couldn't wait! I got home from work and it was still day light, at least for a couple hours anyway so I proceeded to remove the old! I knew the passenger side would come right off since I had it off in Hoboken. That one was a snap! After it was off, I nstalled the new/used mirror. Oh yea baby, now were talking! Looking pretty good, finger prints and all! With darkness hurrying itself in pretty quick I said what the heck, let's go for the drivers side! Wouldn't you know it! The nuts were hidden into who knows where but I eventually got all four of them out! With te sun setting quickly and working alone, I was able to get the drivers side on when Susan came home. She said it was too cold for her to help so I managed to get it done alone! Now it's dark, very dark and I decided to turn the running lights on so I could adjust the mirrors. The passenger side went well as usual but the drivers side was a bear especially doing it alone! I guess I will have to eventually get the switches and wire them up like they were designed but after too many trips down the steps, around the front, adjust, around the bus and back up into the bus, I called it quits! They are not perfectly adjusted yet but they sure look pretty! Smiley Used with a few scratches and all they still look cool! Remember, this being my 3rd bus and my very first set of modern chrome/polished aluminum Ramco type mirrors makes me feel like a kid at Christmas! Hey it IS Christmas! Smiley

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
crown

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 07:30:42 PM »

hi ace i need some bases what do your old ones look like ? crown are you going to bussin 11

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 07:52:10 PM »

Yes I'm going to Bussin 11 and what I will have to sell is:

The original below eye level single glass painted mirrors from my Prevost bus complete with arms and mounts (all are painted)

I also have a pair of chrome mirror heads (I believe from a bluebird) that have a double mirror glass and these appear to be metal not plastic housings.

I will have a pair of chrome mirror mounts similar to what I just bought from Prevost but a slightly different radius.

And one very good condition Mac Tools 1 inch air impact gun with a long shank!

Cleaning out shop of other unwanted stuff hopefully to go to a good home!

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 03:27:24 PM »

I can totally relate with your excitement, Ace. We have been following the progress of a UPS shipment from SunWind out of AZ. Even though it is just a couple of ballasts for 12V fluorescent lights, they arrived today and I can't wait to get them wired in  Grin Not sure why the package spent 2 days and 3 nights in Vegas though  Wink

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 05:15:09 PM »

I can totally relate with your excitement, Ace. We have been following the progress of a UPS shipment from SunWind out of AZ. Even though it is just a couple of ballasts for 12V fluorescent lights, they arrived today and I can't wait to get them wired in  Grin Not sure why the package spent 2 days and 3 nights in Vegas though  Wink

It was try'n to make a little extra christmas dough! Wink
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: