Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 18, 2014, 12:39:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Start battery storage  (Read 549 times)
trucktramp

Ignore
« on: December 01, 2010, 11:53:20 PM »

It looks like it will be a while before I take the bus back out on the road so I need something to keep the start batteries up.  What is recommended?  I'm thinking along the lines of a "smart charger".  I just don't want to have to buy new start batteries because I let them go totally dead if I don't have to.

Dennis Watson
KB8KNP
Scotts, Michigan
1966 MCI MC5A
8V71
Spicer 4 Speed Manual
eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 06:59:13 AM »

I use a cheap walmart 12v smart charger. I disconnect the batteries then use a set of jumpercables to tie them together and walk away. It keeps both batteries hot with one charger.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: