Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 12:35:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Biodiesel Locator  (Read 1713 times)
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« on: September 01, 2006, 08:56:46 PM »

Hi all,

Kind of an interesting site, for those wishing to locate biodisel stations in their area.

http://biotrucker.com/

It's the best locator I've found for biodiesel so far.  Finally able to locate a station nearby - I've been curious in the past, but the price was always TOO high.  Now maybe becoming more feasible. 

Hope this helps,
Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 12:20:59 PM »

Phil,

Kool Link, Allthough none in NJ.... Bummer!

Ok, some in Delaware near Bruce's.

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Greg Paciga (S.Ga)
Future centerfold

4 years and I'm almost there. N.J. Transits Rock!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 06:12:33 PM »

Well I thought I had one 90 miles from me in Waycross GA. I just tried calling to see what it was selling for.
Number disconnected.  Angry Angry Angry

Just my luck.  Undecided

Don't think your going to do a conversion overnight. I did and 4 years later I'm still only 85% done. LOL† SmileySmiley

Why??† Because I did it right. Check out my any of my 900+
pics posted on Community webshots.com
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 04:20:38 AM »

It looks like I have a few within 50 miles or so.  I will try to track some of these down next week and will keep everyone posted if I have any luck with this. 

Best Regards, Phil

Greg Paciga (S.Ga)
Future centerfold

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 04:30:53 AM »

It looks like I have a few within 50 miles or so.† I will try to track some of these down next week and will keep everyone posted if I have any luck with this.†

Best Regards, Phil

Hey Phil. If i were you I'd call before trucking out to any of these. I've called two places now and get the "disconnected" responce.
Greg paciga (S. Ga.)

Don't think your going to do a conversion overnight. I did and 4 years later I'm still only 85% done. LOL† SmileySmiley

plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 04:44:10 AM »

Good idea Greg.  Fortunately for me, there is one location very close to where I do a lot of work in Elgin, Illinois.  That will be first.  The rest will get a phone call. 

One would think (hope?) that these bio resources would be flourishing and better organized with all the problems with fossil fuels. 

I'm also thinking I may post back to biotrucker that several of their links are outdated and send them any bad links I find. 

Early results NOT encouraging - so far -

Best Regards, Phil

NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 08:18:33 PM »

Many of the Spynx stations around here have B20,† I fill up there because it is close and has a truck pump and was around .18 cheaper than the place across the street especially if you pay with cash or debit.† Limited to $74 a shot if you pay at the pump, takes a few card slides to fill her up, even in the car too.

Cool
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 08:20:11 PM by NewbeeMC9 » Logged

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 06:46:16 AM »

Good site.

The latest Consumer Reports has an article on Bio Diesel.  Admittedly, they are conservative, but at this time they are recommending using no more than B5.  Not evn B20 until DD, Cummins etc complete their testing.  They say it has a little less power - read less fuel mileage, and the jury is still out on emmissions.  NOX is up, the others do seem to be down a little.  Then I guess there is the issue of it cleaning the inside of the fuel system so well that clogged filters can be an issue.

There is one place near me that sells B20, but not any other mx.  I think I may still stck to straight petro until we have a little more history.

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Greg Paciga (S.Ga)
Future centerfold

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 03:10:24 PM »

Good idea Greg.  Fortunately for me, there is one location very close to where I do a lot of work in Elgin, Illinois.  That will be first.  The rest will get a phone call. 

One would think (hope?) that these bio resources would be flourishing and better organized with all the problems with fossil fuels. 

I'm also thinking I may post back to biotrucker that several of their links are outdated and send them any bad links I find. 

Early results NOT encouraging - so far -

Best Regards, Phil

ELGIN?? Hell your right around my kids. Next time I'm up there we'll have to have a few beers and tell each other lies about or coaches, LOL

Greg Paciga (S. Ga.)

plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 05:23:52 AM »

Greg - please do!  I would really enjoiy meeting you and swapping some good "fish stories".   Grin

Kind Regards, Phil

plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 05:50:39 AM »

OK, I found a Biodiesel fueling station "near" me from this locator.    It is a Boncosky / PetroLiance station.  I stopped by this morning.  Cost is $2.79 p/gallon for B-11.  (11% bio).  $2.79 is about 20 cents/gallon less expensive around this part of Illinois. 24x7 hrs.  Visa/MC, etc..

FWIW - Phil

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: