Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 29, 2014, 02:55:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8v92 main bearing bolts  (Read 946 times)
luvrbus

« on: September 01, 2006, 12:58:08 PM »

I am putting the crankshaft in my engine and the dd book calls  for International Compound No 2 on the heads and threads of the bolts my problem is that Williams Detorit can not tell me what is and or a equivalent for it so please if  anyone knows please tell me because this is a new crankshaft and I want to right about what i use thanks
Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 01:41:02 PM »

It comes in a quart sized metal can. Looks like peanut butter, it allows for proper torquing of bolts - a type of thread lubricant.
It is sold by Detroit dealers. I have a can of it in my tool box at work. I'll get you a part number from the can tomorrow.
I don't know of an equivalent product, somebody else here might be able to help with that info. I only use the "peanut butter" during assembly.  Cool
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 01:50:52 PM »

From my experience in rebuilding diesel engines...it just Assembly Grease and can be bought from your local auto parts store.

We to, always referred to it as Peanut Butter as a slang.  I can't imagine why the specs for DD should be different than any other engine manufacturer...unless they sell it under their own label.

Many companies do that with non-propietary items just for more profit...and I wouldn't put that past Roger.

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 08:10:35 PM »

On the big diesel powerplants (GM) on railroad diesel locomotives I think they still use a product called Lubriplate.
Dennis
Hi Yo Silver!

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 09:14:54 AM »

Here's the DD part number: 1#5198563, 2lb 10oz can.
Best of luck with your repair.  Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: