Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 27, 2014, 09:56:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the consensus on Liberty?  (Read 1081 times)
pickpaul
New Bus Not

New Bus Not

Ignore
« on: December 07, 2010, 11:06:25 PM »

I'm looking at an older early eighties Prevost. Is there a consensus on the pro's and cons over other professional conversions? I'd appreciate the wisedom folks.

Thanks, Paul.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 04:45:40 AM »

Liberty seems to be one of the best built professional conversions and is still in business.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 05:00:27 AM by robertglines1 » Logged

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 06:00:52 AM »

After close to 30 years the initial conversion is a long lost starting point.  Preferred practices, equipment, style have all changed immensely over the period, so you would be best to evaluate the current condition as if it was any other converted coach.  Plan to have much of it perfectly fine, some of it in styles you don't like and want to change, some of it plain wore out, and some of if needing technical upgrades.  The professional conversions I've seen were usually quite well done, seem quirky now, but started with a well considered and thought out plan of attack so the basics were well in place.

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
chuckd

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 06:25:36 AM »

i have a 35 foot Liberty Converion of a Prevost, I have never even seen the inside of another converters so have no way to compare.  I had read earlier that the wiring on a Liberty Conversion was not what some folks would like to see.  I haven't seen any wiring issues yet.  Liberty did not think about the need to repair items that can go wrong when they installed their cabinets etc.  In a previous post I wrote about having to get out a sawzall to get at some heat exchangers.  I may have to use it again to get at an electric heater that is not running.

Liberty did a good job of running the plumbing, I have redundant systems on the gray/black tank in terms of getting rid of the contents, the coach is well insulated for the year, and my particular year they did not use any real wood anywhere, which is too bad.  I have 3 separate ways to heat the coach, and a convenient driver ac driven off of the engine.  The coach ac's are three cruise airs.  I have a motor driven inverter that is causing my fits in trying to fix.  Overall I am very happy with the conversion.

Not sure where you are, but if close to Mn, come on up and take a look see.

Chuckd  Who is now a "real" member of BCN
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 06:35:02 AM »

Ummmm..... "Give it to me or give me death"??
 Grin Grin Sorry, had to get that in before BK or Cody.  Grin Grin
  Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Depewtee

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 03:59:59 PM »

I have an '81 Prevost Liberty Coach conversion and echo what Brian and Chuck reported.  I found my bus to be well insulated, the plumbing is good, no problem with the wiring.  With that said, I am stripping the inside of my bus to upgrade/update.  I have been real happy with the quality of work that was done over 30 years ago.

Brian S.

P.S. - Chuck - any idea what the motor driven inverter operates?  I have one as well and it works, but I do not know what it operates.  It has one "cord" plugged into one of the outlets.

Brian Shonk
Fort Walton Beach, FL (Florida Panhandle)
1981 Prevost LeMirage Liberty Coach
1984 TMC MC-9
chuckd

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 06:02:46 PM »

Brian S

I think it operates the outlets in the entertainment center.  I have have a half sized cabinet that the TV used to sit on, and the two outlets were hooked to the inverter.

Chuckd
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: