Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 02:58:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some engine repair advice  (Read 7238 times)
brando4905

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2010, 05:31:23 AM »

Gary,

Thanks, and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all from my family and crew.

1980 GMC H8H-649  8V71/V730 Marion,NC

"The highway is for gamblers, better use your sense" -Dylan
brando4905

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2011, 05:38:05 AM »

Got a call yesterday from mech., engine in-frame is complete! Grin He said he took her down the road and all is well. Can't bring it home though, road to my house is a sloppy red clay mess. Undecided

Brandon

papatony

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2011, 06:49:44 AM »

Brandon :: I know your glad to get your wheels back, that sounds like a good deal on the moter. I was blessed to have a complete rebuild done while I was still working and making good bucks , because now I would have to scrap it. I found a young guy that had been the rebuild man for coverington Detroit in G'boro did a fantastic job very reasonable.  I did Ali the grunt work in my garage and still wound up with over 6500.00 in it. Half a turn it cranks very happy. I'm just glad I got all the rebuild done first. We live just south of Asheboro and finishing up details should be ready for April rally in SC give us a shout.     papa T
brando4905

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2011, 07:05:04 AM »

Papa T,

I think it was a good deal too, labor came out to be a little over $200 more than quoted, no biggie I'm still real happy with the price. Would be happier if I didn't have to do it though.

Got a real good deal on the heads, a place in Charlotte completely rebuilt them for $800 cash.

Sounds like you came out good on your rebuild as well.

Hope to get to a rally one day, most are held during our work season when we are on the road and unable to attend. I do hope to meet up with some of you NC busnuts sometime.

Brandon

wildbob24

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2011, 08:42:08 AM »

Brandon,

I was wondering how things were going. I know you'll be happy to have the old beast back.

Thanks for the update.

Bob

P8M4905A-1308, 8V71 w/V730
Custom Coach Conversion
Duluth, GA
papatony

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2011, 10:10:22 PM »

Brandon:: We live just south of Asheboro in the boon-docks with a medow big enough for 8 or10 buses. I would like to have a  mini get together some week end and just talk bus and enjoy the country. give it some thought.  Warmer weather of course.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: