Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 09:00:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BCM BB Hours  (Read 2498 times)
usbusin

'60 PD4104-4355(sold) Now Freightliner Conversion

Ignore
« on: December 08, 2010, 06:03:52 PM »

OK, who has the most hours logged on to Bus Conversions Magazine BB?

Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years Ustruckin' is our 2001 Freightliner truck conversion
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 06:12:32 PM »

I don't know how the system tracks logged in time.  I leave my home computer on 24x7 except when out of town.  99% of the time I have a browser window open to the BCM BBS even when I am not at my PC.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 06:29:06 PM »

It claims I have procrastinated away some 33 days, 9 hours and 58 minutes here on the computer since it started counting for me...

Maybe better to shut that feature off?

If she ever sees it....

You may not have the pleasure of my company any longer!

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
usbusin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 06:30:59 PM »

At the top of the page it shows "Total time logged in: XX days, XX hours and XX minutes"

Uh, oh I hope I didn't get you in trouble, buswarrior!!

Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years Ustruckin' is our 2001 Freightliner truck conversion
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 06:42:05 PM »

The stats on the server show these as the top ten:

H3Jim140d 8h 53m
cody123d 8h 25m
luvrbus94d 8h 45m
buddydawg 74d 11h 44m
niles50074d 10m
JackConrad71d 3h 46m
Busted Knuckle69d 12h 16m
Len Silva67d 10h 20m
DrivingMissLazy64d 11h 12m
Nick Badame Refrig. Co. 58d 10h 3m

What the system does is use the "session" time.  When you log in, the web server creates a session.  As long as you are actively viewing pages, posting, etc. it keeps the session active.  If you leave the browser window open but don't do anything with it for 20 minutes, the session "expires" and it stops contributing to your total online time.

One thing that throws it off is if your computer has a little known internal setting roughly known as "keep alive" set to keep sending periodic signals to keep the session active.  In that case it keeps accruing online time even when you aren't actually using it.  This setting can be the result of you intentionally setting it in the Windows registry or it can be tweaked by the installation program of some software you install that may need keep alive activated.
usbusin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 06:46:42 PM »

Thanks, Mike that is interesting.  Do you know where in the Windows system the "keep alive" setting is?

Gary D

HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 07:11:48 PM »

It has been a long time since I messed with it, so I don't recall precisely where.  But it was in the Windows registry which can be a dangerous place to going tweaking around in if you don't know exactly what you are doing in it.  One wrong edit and it can dramatically affect your computer's performance, function or in extreme cases even mess up the operating system beyond usability.  So unless a person has a need to tweak it, it isn't generally recommended.  But for those strongly interested in it, there is a Microsoft KB article on it.

The primary purpose for the keep alive setting has to do with the TCP/IP connection, the effect on PHP sessions is more of a side effect as I understand it.
Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 07:55:43 PM »

Looks like Cody needs a job, LOL Grin
M&C

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
http://singinglandcruiser.blogspot.com/
Master Mason, Noble Shriner
Where "R" We ; Leeds, Utah
cody

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 09:57:14 PM »

Cody has a job, too many jobs, on every second friday cody (studio1) does a benefit for the local St Vincent Depaul for their food bank and so they can pay shut offs for people, every wednsday it's 40's swing music at the local nursing home and every second saturday it's a benefit for a local veterans group that help old people by building wheelchair ramps and mounting lifts in vehicles for their chairs and what ever they need to make their lives better, also every baby thats born at the local hospital gets a picture taken, unfortunately sometimes a baby doesn't make it and there is nothing for the parents to remember them by without the picture, also at the local nursing home on december 18th anyone that wants can sign up for a family picture done so the old people can have a pic of their family for their room dresser and the family can have pics for their homes, along the way we pick up benefits for various other reasons, I don't think cody needs another job, already got too many of them, and thats not counting the 30 to 50 storm windows he builds and fits and installs for elderly people each fall, or the furnaces he cleans for them, this is all done for free just because it may make somebody's live a little better, cody doesn't need any more jobs.  Cody has answered the phone at 3AM or whatever time and grabbed the camera and drove to the hospital either in L'Anse or in Hancock just to take a picture of a baby that the nurses think may not see the sun come up and it's all done with a smile and a tear, cody has enough to do. 
chuckd

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 04:56:53 AM »

Cody, you are the man!!  Well done, well done.

Chuckd
buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 05:34:49 AM »

I hope my boss doesn't see those numbers....   Shocked Shocked Shocked

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 05:50:29 AM »

Cody,
   I was particularily touched by your photographing the newborns. My sister-in-law works in the neonate unit and is part of a program called "No Child Dies Alone". These are, unfortunately, mostly abuse cases, but if a child is dying and a parent or family member is not present, one of the volunteers will hold the child and sing to them until they die. She has been called and went in at all hours of the night as well as on week-ends and holidays. Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2010, 09:37:37 AM »

I knew there was something good about Cody, just couldn't put my finger on it till now. You're an inspiration my man, Will

Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 03:22:49 PM »

God Bless you Cody. We should all take note!
M&C

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
http://singinglandcruiser.blogspot.com/
Master Mason, Noble Shriner
Where "R" We ; Leeds, Utah
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 03:58:19 PM »

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: