Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 01:30:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Poll
Question: Should we have a For Sale section on this board  (Voting closed: April 22, 2006, 11:55:30 AM)
Yes, w/ $Flat fee over $50 - 8 (14%)
Yes, w/ % fee over $ 50 - 15 (26.3%)
Yes, No Fee - 29 (50.9%)
No, I use other sites - 1 (1.8%)
No! not on this board! - 4 (7%)
Total Voters: 51

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL- FOR SALE section!  (Read 3572 times)
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« on: April 15, 2006, 09:15:35 AM »

Here's your chance to voice your opinion!
You can only vote once!
Remember, MAK will have to make the ultimate decision on Fees!
and, I'm sure it will be a fair Decision.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 11:59:40 AM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 11:47:43 AM »

Members,

Lets try to keep our votes REALISTIC, This is a busisness with expences!

In other words, your Honnest opinion

Thanks
Nick-
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 02:12:07 PM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged

Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Dallas

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 12:10:11 PM »

Even though I voted, and at the risk of having an unpopular opinion, I'll say this anyway.
Having a 'poll' in order to decide the operation of a business seems to me to be somewhat like running a ship by comittee.
Dallas
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 01:57:26 PM »

Dallas,
I concider our members just that, members! If they were employees [or ship hands] I wouldn't ask their opinion! LOL Tongue
Nick-

Even though I voted, and at the risk of having an unpopular opinion, I'll say this anyway.
Having a 'poll' in order to decide the operation of a business seems to me to be somewhat like running a ship by comittee.
Dallas
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 02:16:23 PM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged

orogle

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 01:59:01 PM »

Members,

Lets try to keep our votes REALISTIC

Thanks
Nick-

I haven't bought or sold nor do I  expect to any time soon.......... but:

what I have always seen is.......  one member needs a part and post that on the board.
                                              another member states he has the part and to contact him. On this board that could be by private message.........

having a swap meet section gives people the place to request parts or list parts for sale.

soooooooooo I think it is a great idea and something that should happen.  Smiley

but it's not my board and will naturally agree to any rules the owners decide on. 

What we all have to understand is there is no " free lunch ", it cost money to host this board..........

just thinking out loud

orogle
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 02:10:17 PM »

Thank You OROGLE,

Well said!

Nick-

Members,

Lets try to keep our votes REALISTIC

Thanks
Nick-

I haven't bought or sold nor do I expect to any time soon.......... but:

what I have always seen is....... one member needs a part and post that on the board.
 another member states he has the part and to contact him. On this board that could be by private message.........

having a swap meet section gives people the place to request parts or list parts for sale.

soooooooooo I think it is a great idea and something that should happen. Smiley

but it's not my board and will naturally agree to any rules the owners decide on.

What we all have to understand is there is no " free lunch ", it cost money to host this board..........

just thinking out loud

orogle

El-Sonador

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 02:11:00 PM »

A BUY-SELL-TRADE Section would be a great idea to fully help your members. If you charge, you will drastically reduce its use and therefore its effectiveness. The more you charge, the less effective it will be and will invite competition... It is only human nature at work here.

Why do you feel you need to charge the very members that have helped this site grow and become what it is today... ? ??

Remember... A website with no visitors or members is just a blank spot on some servers hard-drive...

But, Like you said.... the ultimate decision is yours....

IMO - Steve
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2006, 04:37:25 PM »

Dallas

Well, my thoughts are that any business owner who doesn't listen to his customer base (or potential customer base) is a fool and will not be in business very long.

i'm not about to get into how Mike runs any aspects of his businesses, because I only see the consumer side of it, but I respect him for what he does, and compliment him for have the foresight to listen to his customers.

One of the things that makes a successful bus converter is his ability to listen to all opinions on a subject, gather all available information, and make an informed decision that fits his needs. Do it your way. There is no difference in running a business.

And I guarantee you, a good ships captain is asking his seeking information from his crew before he makes decisions. The ultimate decision is his, but he sure don't jump into that decision without following the same approach the converter or business owner does.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 06:04:54 PM »

I for one don't see whats so wrong about paying a small amount for the ability to reach a large percentage of my target audience, to sell an item I would like to be rid off. Roll Eyes

And if that payment goes to support the organization that I use regularly(for FREE), all the better. Grin

Of course I may be just suffering from airbrakeosis

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 06:15:02 PM »

Clif,

Good point.

and very funny!

Nick-

I for one don't see whats so wrong about paying a small amount for the ability to reach a large percentage of my target audience, to sell an item I would like to be rid off. Roll Eyes

And if that payment goes to support the organization that I use regularly(for FREE), all the better. Grin

Of course I may be just suffering from airbrakeosis

busboy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2006, 06:48:51 PM »

A very successful classified paper here in South/North Carolina is the Iwanna, iwanna.com.  The way they do it, it the ads are free, as many as you want for the seller.  You can see the ad on the internet but the phone numbers are blocked out.  If you want the phone number, you have to pay a small fee, like $3.99 for 3 weeks of access to the phone numbers on the ads.  Doing it this way, you get the most stuff forsale and if someone really wants something, they pay a little to get the phone number.
-Brent
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2006, 07:10:29 PM »

I would hate to see for sale stuff mixed in with the regular talk - HOWEVER, a separate area would be fine.  I'm not sure everyone would keep the for sale "talk" limited to the proper page..

Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
Kristinsgrandpa

1988 Neoplan AN 340, 6V-92 TA DDEC II, HT 748 ATEC

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2006, 07:32:49 PM »

What El Sonador said.

Ed

I'm very conservative, " I started life with nothing and still have most of it left".
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2006, 07:46:42 PM »

Seems reasonable to charge a fee that is less than Ebay would charge for the same service. Listing and selling a bus on Ebay may cost hundreds. Ebay does a excellent job of targeting "demographics."
Used parts sales area won't be utilized unless free.
New parts and services listings, and bus conversion companies may be willing to tie-in to the "free" parts pages.
Bus and parts listings, coupled with the huge knowledge base in this website, may make this the "bus buyers" destination.
MAK is between a rock and a hard place...however, a small percentage of a large listing may prove to be beneficial.
This website is an interesting place to peruse...invaluable to a wannabe and bus owner!
Seems as though a separate page (s) for sales would be an idea.
Maybe linkage between the sales and magazine advertisers?
My dos centavos, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2006, 08:05:35 PM »

Danny it would be in a seperate area for sure!
Nick-

I would hate to see for sale stuff mixed in with the regular talk - HOWEVER, a separate area would be fine. I'm not sure everyone would keep the for sale "talk" limited to the proper page..

Danny

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: