Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 04:24:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Big Thanks to Pete (RTS/DAYTONA)  (Read 1052 times)
Dave Siegel

Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything!

Ignore
« on: September 04, 2006, 05:02:59 AM »

About a year ago, Pete (RTS/Daytona) and I were having a conversation , and he had an idea about constructing a list to help fellow bus nuts in need while they were on the road. It was a great idea, but no one wanted to take the project on and give up the space on their bulletin board for such a thing. (Or the time it takes to make it work.) I told Pete that I would pick up the ball and run with it, on my website.

So thanks to Pete RTS/Daytona's idea, the Help Assist Pages have evolved to a whopping 100 membership of friendly,caring bus nuts, willing to help others in their time of need, no matter how small or big.

A big thanks goes out to Pete, and an apology for taking so long to share the credit.

Dave Siegel

Dave & Jan Siegel    1948 GMC  "Silversides"
               Naples, Florida
   Dave is Host to the "Help Assist Pages"
  (Free roadside help for Bus Conversions)
         www.help-assist-list.com
RTS/Daytona

Pete RTS/Daytona ->'89 TMC 35' 102" 6V92TA 4:10

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 09:27:05 AM »

Dave

Thanks you for your kind words - I may have helped get the idea started on the BNO board - but It was you who picked up the ball and ran with it on http://www.cruiser-magazine.com/Help_Assist_List.html after our conversation.

Thank You Dave  Smiley Smiley 

If you ain't part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.
|@n

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 04:53:16 PM »

Not true, Dave.

Ian
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 05:33:36 PM »

I@N, would you care to elaborate on what portion of Dave's post is not true?

I suspect it may have been this,

It was a great idea, but no one wanted to take the project on and give up the space on their bulletin board for such a thing.

As I recall you also had (or have) a similiar feature.
Richard

Not true, Dave.

Ian

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
RTS/Daytona

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 07:07:18 PM »

Hi All

I'm not exactly sure what I@N is talking about - perhaps this will shed some light on the subject - read all the posts - unfortunately I can not find/search the "IAN/INFO" post ??

http://www.busnut.com/bbs/messages/233/12930.html

Pete RTS/Daytona

RTS/Daytona

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 05:09:50 PM »

Hi All

Just a quick note here - Let me set the record straight - I originally posted this "ASSIST LIST" idea on the BNO board - I@N of the BNO was not confortable having an "OPEN" type listing of phone Numbers and Locations (liablitiy/spammers/etc) but  worked very hard and provided addition space within the "MEMBER PROFILE" section of the BNO board to store the "ASSIST LIST" contact infomation in a more "secure" fashion - Those fields and assist information still exist in the BNO profile -

I@N and the BNO provide a GREAT service that many of us use daily along with MAK and other bus conversion bulletin boards. - Thank you I@N for all your efforts and  hard work. 

Dave then stepped in and provided the "OPEN" type "ASSIST" list on http://www.cruiser-magazine.com/Help_Assist_List.html

I'm just glad I had a little hand in getting this "ASSIST LIST" idea off the ground

Pete RTS/Daytona

Dave Siegel

Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 08:10:31 PM »

Wow, what a wicked web we weave. But we seem to be beating this thing to death. With that said.

I, also, am proud that I was a part of this, but the real THANKS goes to all of you folks that have signed up and are willing to give of your time and efforts to help someone that really needs help. Another Bus Nut. You are the real heroes in this issue. For that we all say Thank You (In advance.)

Dave Siegel  1948 Silversides
Naples, Fl

I fixed the bold. Richard
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 09:31:25 PM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Dave & Jan Siegel    1948 GMC  "Silversides"
               Naples, Florida
   Dave is Host to the "Help Assist Pages"
  (Free roadside help for Bus Conversions)
         www.help-assist-list.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: