Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 18, 2014, 11:53:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: motorcycle rack  (Read 7026 times)
Depewtee

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2010, 08:44:16 AM »

But if "Thank You" would more often be the last word, some threads could be ended a little more civil.

Thank You

Brian Shonk
Fort Walton Beach, FL (Florida Panhandle)
1981 Prevost LeMirage Liberty Coach
1984 TMC MC-9
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2010, 08:57:57 AM »

You're welcome.

See how easy that is!!!  Grin Grin lolololol

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2010, 09:35:42 AM »

Just explain to us what you are calling a frame ? from your past posts you replaced the baggage framing and it sounds like you did a good job

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2010, 09:54:50 AM »

Cody, if it was one of my remarks that made Libby upset I am deeply sorry. No disrespect meant to any one at any time. I have edited this post from one of describing a few designs as food for though to one of feeling like a heel now! My only intention was to help. Thank you Smiley
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 10:10:40 AM by van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2010, 11:49:43 AM »

For those who do not know what is involved in a frame restoration on a Eagle you can check Bob's Bus Page on his 05 Cody did a lot of work if the old Eagles frame is gone he is to be commended Menear did a good job on his also got to love the Eagles

good luck  
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 12:11:13 PM by luvrbus » Logged

rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2010, 12:13:39 PM »

Well Cody, if you read my comments about farmers, you will see that I consider that the supreme compliment.  Again, if you read my post, I did not even mention your converter or at least that certainly was not my intention. 

I don't have the energy to look up the thread where you describe the work done to your bus. Would you mind posting the link.   I think that if we could all look at that work, we can better understand how the bay renovation ties into the engine compartment structure.  If you have the confidence that the structure is sound, then go for it. 

It is never my intention to say that something will not work.  In my early years as an engineer I often told folks that their design would not work (did so politely).  Many times the customer would come back an tell me how the design had worked marvelously for years!

My approach on all of these types of threads are to let all the readers (not just Cody) know that there could be issues with a given approach.  I don't say that it will not work, just be careful.  If you will note, I always try to give alternatives. 

Damn, why do I even bother to respond to these kinds of threads? Angry Angry Angry Angry  Perhaps all the folks with some insight who have left this board are as tired as I am of the crap that goes on here.

So with that, I am sure I have made you even madder, thus I will back off.

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
í85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2010, 03:08:41 PM »

Can't resist, I am a very bad man = what you asked, post one, was...

I'm now asking the guys on the board that are familier with iggle rears to give me their thoughts and what reinforcement they would suggest,

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
Eagle Andy
Cowboy Coach

1968 Silver Eagle # 7481

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2010, 03:48:15 PM »

My Harley marks my spot cause my Eagle don't leak Oil

1968 Model 05 Eagle # 7481 Miles City MT
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2010, 04:14:43 PM »

Andy> must be you have an older Harley, my 08 doesn't leak...  Wink

After reading these post I just want to thank you guys for bringing back those fond memories when I was told repeatedly of how things I had planned to do and eventually did, wouldn't work! And might I mention that while most all you naysayers are changing motors, suffering heat issues, frame rust, shift problems, oil leaks, wiring problems, not to mention, right or wrong toilet placement, electrical wiring and plumbing or piping on the inside, wall paper or paint, carpet versus wood, plywood thickness, screws, nails and rivets, or aux air compressor's to get home on, or the mpg your coach gets compared to what YOU think it should get, MINE is doing just great and I did it MY way. Sure I listened to all of your opinions, (Key word OPINION) but the end result was still MY way! IF (big word) anything was to go wrong, I don't think any one of you would come and pay for it IF I followed YOUR opinion! My way might not have been perfectly done or to code for that matter but while all of you are bickering over what is right and what is right, I'm enjoying the hell out of mine! You all should do the same, but thanks for reminding me why I only post in CERTAIN threads and laugh at all the others! Fond memories for me for sure!  Smiley

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!  Grin

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2010, 05:21:24 PM »

You are one funny guy Cody you have the power to remove your own post you are very respected on this board to make yourself look like a complete a** I am gone no more for me

kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2010, 05:58:18 PM »

I saw no posts saying it couldn't be done - only cautions to potential problems which, surprisingly enough is what the original post asked for.
Then there are the same old ones who seem to think that if you mention or ask about potential problems you are saying "don't do it".

This thread was originally posted in off topic - I find it funny that some treated it seriously while the o.p. continuously bashed those giving him the best advice.

cody- for someone who has received so much from this board & it's members, I can't fathom why you would even think about involving a fedreal court - Especially after you had to agree to the new & improved terms & conditions of use of this board before you could post anything here.

Save yourself time & money & don't post! But don't you dare to try to bite the hand that is extended as an offer to help. Shame on you for acting this way!

May whatever is troubling you soon pass & a fair wind return to speed you on your way to attaining your goals easier & quicker.

I do hope your lift project is a wonderful success & you have many, many trips to enjoy it.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
redbus

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2010, 08:01:02 PM »

Very well said Ace.

Terry
"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, Believe in them, and try to follow them." ~Louisa May Alcott~
www.awayweare.blogspot.com/
Eagle Andy
Cowboy Coach

1968 Silver Eagle # 7481

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2010, 08:29:43 PM »

LOL Yea ace it's a 65 ironhead and she runs true and fast lol . and I am one to agree with Ace and Clifford get over it Cody

1968 Model 05 Eagle # 7481 Miles City MT
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 644MT Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2010, 10:06:59 PM »

Potato.Potato,Potato,Potato,Potato,VROOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Dave Cool

My personal skills are fine.. itís my tolerance to idiots that needs work!....

http://s1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj493/fltmr2000/
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2010, 08:23:18 AM »

Sorry Cody but,
Thank you board for not deleting this thread!!!! I am a true "blonde" and love the fact that I can use these threads instead of my limited brain space for reference. Seriously! And besides the "back and forth" of all of this, I got some good info and inspiration from it.

Thank you board and thank you Cody for the thread.

Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: