Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 11:13:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: motorcycle rack  (Read 6568 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2010, 11:33:38 AM »

I thought you traded the sportster for the "wing & scooter?"
Grin  BK   Grin

Moderator edit:  Content from Cody removed as per his request.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 12:47:46 PM by HighTechRedneck » Logged

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2010, 11:47:01 AM »

Bad trade.

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2010, 12:42:17 PM »

I would have to agree! The sportster is far bettethan the goldwing except for carrying junk. If I was gonna carry junk, I'd carry it in my bus unless of course your worried about the weight, then I would opt for a trike! Smiley

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: November 26, 2010, 01:09:03 PM »

Ehhh... I lived on my Knuck for 6 1/2 weeks when I got out of the Navy. It was definitely sparse in the "Junk" dept., but what a great trip across the U.S. Too old for that now. Now, I carry the Knuck. She has earned her stripes. We like the more leisurely trips now.
This is her.

Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2010, 11:20:07 AM »

Not getting involved in anything here, but, here is photos of my 1973 Eagle, driver side engine frame!!  Take it for what it is, I am sure not all Eagles are as bad but you better take a long close inspection before adding any towing devises first.  Just my 2cents as usual. 

I have also added extra framing not in these photos but these photos were taken some time ago. This was my first beefing up of my frame some time ago in the two photos with the rustbullet paint on the framing I replaced, not repaired, but replaced with 1/4" wall tubing. Worry about the following: frame integrity, over weight on back of bus, welder / Engineer / fabricator experience, framing Heavy Duty & large enough to take the pulling action behind bus, even Eagle or any bus framing inspection for a Motorcycle frame that will somehow be attached to the main framing of the bus!  Can you imagine hanging motorcycle frame for a gold wing on the back of my Eagle frame as it was when I first bought it in the photo below??  How would you feel not knowing if I beefed up my framing as you  following me knowing perhaps I did not beef up my Eagle frame and all of a sudden my goldwing, (I do not own one though) come off at 70 MPH and you and your loved ones are right behind me admiring the graphics on my bus??   Oh Lordy. 

Anyhow, I hope these photos will make you look more at your OLDER bus to be sure the integrity is there to do what you want, then as said before if you are confident all the mentioned problems above and suggestions by bus converters is OK, the Go For It!!
"Gary Lee"

Gary
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2010, 01:35:23 PM »

Here are a few more interesting photos, to me anyhow.  Wish I seen these b4 my purchase!!

Gary

Gary
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2010, 01:39:10 PM »

Last post with 3 more photos to consider and maybe make you think if there is ANY rust on your bus, research and investigate the man engine framing or what ever framing you hang you tow bar or aparatus for Motor Cycle on.
Now maybe you can see one of the reasons for my lengthy conversion repairs / replacement.
Gary

Gary
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2010, 03:39:30 PM »

Hello Everyone,
I feel like I am hi-jacking this thread, it is not my intention but I was asked by a busnut friend if I had photos of my air dryer and ping tank connected up, (similar to my photos above) but I am not at that stage as yet and if there is anyone else that does have a similar set up, please post the information here and a photo as well or two would be useful.  Even for me.
Thanks Ahead of time,
Garylee

Gary
libby

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2010, 03:51:18 PM »

Gary, I don't know how to answer any of this, I know cody bought some long beams about 5 or 6 inshes tall like a bridge beam and those go from the back to the front under the floor and the other stuff is hooked up to them, he thinks they are strong enough or will be after the rest of it is done but I really don't think he wants to talk about it anymore.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: