Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 29, 2014, 11:19:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: update crowns trip  (Read 1176 times)
crown

Ignore
« on: December 17, 2010, 06:07:58 AM »

update for all my trips planed and ruined by first a bad seller who sold moterhome day before flying up from costa rica
 then trying again to flyup and buy a motorhome to go to kyles rally and was stoped by a new superviser and told my dog
 was 1 lb over weight and he tore up my bording passes makeing me lose that flight and my conecting flight then beeing
 told i was being finned $ 150 each flight x 2 me & wife GOOD NEWS taca made up for it with free first class tickets with
 we used to go buy a temp motorhome and its parked at jacks place now DELTA was first told $ 150 each plus had to fly
 same route as they changed rules so my old delta flight was miami /charlette and thats all it was good for -$ 150 GOOD
 NEWS delta has a main office in costa rica so i went there after a long talk she said i will help you but the computer wont
 let me give me a little time so i waited then called me over and said hears what i did first i waved the $ 150 each then over
 rood the coumputer you can now fly round trip costa rica /miami and found you the cheapest fare delta has you need to pay
  only $ 120 is that ok  yea i fell like jumping over the counter and huging her so off to bussin 11 looking forward to meeting
 all of you there look for a tiny 23 ft motorhome merry chrismas & happy new year to all crown / john lidia & princessa   

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 09:04:08 AM »

Good news, see ya there.

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 09:52:45 AM »

glad everything worked out for you!  But man my eyes hurt, try some comma's or periods on your next post, lol.

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
crown

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 12:18:00 PM »

ruthi looking forward to meeting you.  thomasinnv sorry; about that will try harder next time . crown

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 12:56:50 AM »

John not all people in this world are like the s-$%%^ on first motorhome  or the guy that spoiled your second trip over 1 lb..Just made them feel superior at that moment. Prob one of the few they will ever have!!!very small people indeed!  Enjoy Bussin and meet some good old Boys&Gals.. Best wishes and Happy Holidays  Bob & Judy

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
crown

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 05:05:03 AM »

bob & judy thanks and merry chrismas & happy new year hoping to meet you some day john lidia & princessa
 bob my point of post was stuff happend but after talking to real people hear in costa rica not 1-800 -india or someplace like that
 they really wanted to help me and make things right they went out of there way to fix / help me in deltas case it was first fines
 plus $ 600 for ticket when she got done helping me . it was zero fines & 100 and tickets in hand john

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 06:41:07 AM »

John - your experience is a little like a friend's.  She had a trip to St. Croix in the US VI.  American called her about three weeks before and said that they'd re-booked her outward journey; instead of 1 hour - 35 minutes to connect in Miami, they cut it to 45.  She said that she didn't want that - Miami is a big airport; if you can get to a gate, your bags probably won't.  Anyway, they said, "too bad, that's what we need to do".
She took the first flight, ran through the airport and made the connection and her bag arrived in St. Croix.  All OK, right?  Well ....
But when she got to the check-in counter to come home, the agent said "this ticket is invalid - you didn't make the outbound trip so the return leg is cancelled".  She was dumbfounded but pretty soon we realized that the fact that she was standing there was a pretty good indication that she had made the outbound trip.  But the computer was adamant that she hadn't shown up for the originally-booked flight and therefore the return was invalid.  She would have to buy a "one-way; day of purchase" ticket (== many $$$) to get home.  Despite pleas and explanations, the agent was unmoved ... "Thass whut the comutah sez".  Finally, we got a supervisor who finally got the picture that her trip had been rebooked by American at American's convenience.  Supervisor, took tickets, went back into the office and returned 20 minutes later with an authorization to travel on the original tickets -- 5 minutes before the flight left.
We later learned that if she'd kept the boarding passes from the flights down, that would have been immediate proof that she had flown on that ticket; it would have taken then a little administrative time but it would have saved her trouble and grief.  Always keep those boarding passes or ticket stubs until your entire trip is finished and your ticketed (i.e. paid for) itinerary is completed.

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 01:37:09 PM »

John,
    Ya'll have a safe trip, looking forward to seeing ya'll. I plugged your bus in this afternoon.  We will see ya Sunday evening or Monday morning, depending on what time you get to our place.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
crown

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 03:45:16 PM »

thanks jack all packed leave for airport in the morning see ya soon john

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 07:43:18 PM »

John,
Funny this should come up right now.
I've been by the Jack*** in Atwood's place numerous times since he pulled that stunt on you. And the camper has always been gone. Funny thing is I was by there today and there was an older dodge p/u with about a 38'-40' bumper pull trailer behind it backed in the pole barn he'd built for the "Class C"!

Now funny thing is when he was selling the class C he kept saying that it was "too big for just him and his 2 little ankle biters", But I swear it looked like that big ol' trailer he has now is much bigger! (and his little pop-up tent trailer was gone too! (my bet is he traded the class C for the trailer and the pop-up for the dodge! just a WAG, but my bet! Wink)
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: