Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 28, 2014, 03:34:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cellphone Ban Bus/Truck Drivers  (Read 6904 times)
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2010, 08:30:26 AM »

Hey, I wonder how many accidents were caused by people being out shopping for Christmas.  Can we pass a law requiring it be done online?

You don't have to believe everything you think.
eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2010, 08:42:16 AM »

Yes Lin, they can but they are trying to pass laws where Christmas is not allowed in public. My son had a party at school for Christmas and needed to bring a book as a gift. The main thing was it could not be a Christmas book.
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2010, 10:15:25 AM »

Eddie,

I can see the point of that rule.  Allowing Christmas books to be distributed in school could be used to proselytize.  I do not think that you would want your son coming home with a Koran or an instructional video on the Sharia parameters of wife beating that he was given as a gift as part of a school activity.  We all know that our spiritual beliefs are accurate and those of others are not, so it is a good idea to keep the likely debate out of the classroom.  As Sgt Friday used to say, "Just the facts, Mame."

Sgt Friday did not use a cellphone while driving a bus, right?

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: