Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 17, 2014, 11:20:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm Excited-Here's Some Brand New Pics of Our Old Coach  (Read 4785 times)
Dave Siegel

Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2006, 05:05:45 AM »

Yes I did, and I apologize I thought I had posted that info. I guess I must have just sent an e-mail to Ace.

I bought the latches from Hafele. They are on line at: www.hafele.com  select the country and the entire catalog will open for yo

The latches are thre piece assembly. 1: the latch itself (screws in behind the door or lid and secures the door or lid in place.) 2: the ring (Dresses the surface around the exposed hole and provides a sliding surface for the button. 3: the button (depresses to latch the door or lid closed and push again to unlatch the door or lid.

The latch is brown in color and the ring and button are available in: Chrome, Polished Stainless (that's what I have), gold and white. Since you order all of the parts seperately it is possible to mix and match colors for a designer look. i.e. gold trim ring with a polished steel buttom. Polished steel trim ring with a gold button, etc.

Each assembly is about $7.00 complete. You will need someone in the cabinet business that has an account with Hafele to order them for you. I don't think they sell retail. But maybe.

Good luck,

Dave

Dave & Jan Siegel    1948 GMC  "Silversides"
               Naples, Florida
   Dave is Host to the "Help Assist Pages"
  (Free roadside help for Bus Conversions)
         www.help-assist-list.com
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2006, 05:47:49 AM »

Thanks Dave,

Went looking at the site and they have a lot of links to choose from.  Do you remember what section in the catalog the catches are located in?
Dave Siegel

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2006, 07:51:34 AM »

Cabinet Hardware, I believe

Naples, Florida
         www.help-assist-list.com
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2006, 12:33:17 PM »

Dave,
I've tried, but can't find the latches.  Could you give me a little more exact directions on how to find the latch in their catalog? 
Thank you very much!
-Brian
Dave Siegel

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2006, 12:39:53 PM »

I think you are going to need a hard copy of the catalog. They are on about page 600-640 lower right of page, as I remember. I don't have a catalog anymore, I'm sorry and I am doing this by memory. Hafele gives a listing of local reps in your area, try calling him and see if he will help you. Other then that looking page by page where the hinges and pulls are is the only thing I can think off. I tried looking for my receipt but I can't find it, or I would have had parts numbers for you. Sorry, I know that's not what you wanted to hear. I do remember that the components are of two seperate back to back pages, though.

Dave

Naples, Florida
         www.help-assist-list.com
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2006, 12:58:48 PM »

Great Dave!

Exact page it starts on is 665!

Thank you so much.
Ace

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2006, 01:02:07 PM »

Brian go to the web site Dave gave and click on furniture/cabinetry hardware.

Once you do that click on LOCKS. It is part of the catalog and you will have to download it as it will come up as  PDF file.

Once you do that click on the set of pages that says:

Push-button Locks, Strike Plates, Electronic Furniture Locking Systems, Combination Locks
Espagnolette Locks, Automatic Door Bolt
pages: 661-676, 677-692, 693-699

The page that is on is: http://www.hafele.com/us/services/7037.asp   IF YOU GET LOST

The information for the lock/latches is there under PUSH BUTTON KNOBS AND ROSETTES

Hope this helps!

Ace
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2006, 01:03:10 PM »

Thank you Ace! 
Dave Siegel

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2006, 01:05:15 PM »

Thanks you, also Ace.   Man you pulled that out of the bag. I owe you a beer at Jacks Rally.

Dave

Naples, Florida
         www.help-assist-list.com
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2006, 01:50:19 PM »

Dave,

That bus is AWESOME!  Very classy!  I love to see someone with your talents get their hands on a piece of Americana!

Keep up the good work.

Jimmy

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
Ace

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2006, 01:55:38 PM »

UH, that's ok Dave. The last time someone said they owed me a beer, the guy brought 12 cases of Corona's and I'm still feeling the results from it!

Besides this board is for JUST that type of help and should be done so without wanting or expecting something in return!

By the way, the guy that was so generous was NCbob who has since become a very good friend and NOT because of the Beers! LOL

Ace

Dreamscape

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2006, 05:47:27 PM »

A very well done job! I only hope mine will look so nice. I got a couple of ideas from you to use in mine. Do you charge anything? LOL.
There is nothing like the beauty of an older coach!

Paul
1968 Eagle 01
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: