Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
September 19, 2017, 05:08:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus plates  (Read 1673 times)
ruthi

Ignore
« on: December 21, 2010, 09:12:18 PM »

Yeah, went to the dmv today and got the plates for the bus. Now, I feel like it is official! It is cleaned, shined, and alllllllmost ready to roll. Taking it on a small trip with the grandkids one day this week. Wow, I cant believe the day is finally here.  Grin It is so exciting!

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
Beatenbo

1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 10:11:03 PM »

How do you like your Dina? I have a 2001 MCI F3500 that was built by Dina and it's been a challenge getting parts, even tail light lens and sockets...Blessings, Charlie B.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 05:03:25 AM »

grandkids + bus = wonderful xmas..enjoy and best wishes.

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 06:32:54 AM »

You are so right Bob. The best! Charlie, so far we love our bus. We changed just about everything about the bus, including all the lights. There has been a lot of modifications on it, so, parts havent been a big issue. The only prob right now we have is that the guy who helped us some, didnt put the entrance key with the lock when it was took off, and now we dont have a key. Locksmith says he isnt able to make another. So, we have to figure that one out.  Good luck with yours. Ruthi

thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 08:22:18 AM »

Ruthi, I had a similar problem with my bus.  I took the lock out and took it to a few locksmiths but no-one seemed able to make a key for it.  I eventually ended up finding a blank that would fit the lock at a ford dealer.  (an old ford key fit the lock.  Who'd a thunk?)  I took the tumbler apart and cut the key myself.  Been working fine.

Some are called, some are sent, some just got up and went.

1998 MCI 102-DL3
Series 60 11.1/Alison B500
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 09:45:58 AM »

You are so right Bob. The best! Charlie, so far we love our bus. We changed just about everything about the bus, including all the lights. There has been a lot of modifications on it, so, parts havent been a big issue. The only prob right now we have is that the guy who helped us some, didnt put the entrance key with the lock when it was took off, and now we dont have a key. Locksmith says he isnt able to make another. So, we have to figure that one out.  Good luck with yours. Ruthi

Ruthi,

Get a hold of BusCrazyinFl (Manny).

Hes a locksmith and will be at Bussin...  

Maybe he can fix you up.

Look forward to meeting you down there.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 11:41:37 AM »

I have a Dina also.  When I first bought my bus in 2006 MCI was real good about parts.  I even ordered a body part for less than $3 that MCI sourced all the way from Brazil!  It did take like three months to get.  Since MCI went bankrupt they really seem to have cut back on Dina parts.  Most everything says special order or no longer available.

As of June 2009 they had like 100 light sockets for the Dina in stock.  They had just ordered a new batch.  I believe they also had replacement light assemblies for like $75 each.  With the cost of the non-LED parts I ended up replacing all my lights with LED.  Now, F3500 light parts might be different.

Drivetrain parts are generally pretty easy to find as they mostly used American companies for that stuff.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Rick 74 MC-8

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 01:40:32 PM »

Grand kids are Great I want to get a bumper sticker that reads
If I knew grand kids were this good I would of had them first   Grin

About 20 Miles West Of Chicago
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 07:51:30 AM »

We are hoping to come across someone who might be able to make one. We told the guy to make sure and keep it all together, who knows what happened to it. We really need more than one key also.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: