Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 27, 2014, 09:45:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Count down to Timmonsville has begun  (Read 6333 times)
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« on: September 04, 2006, 04:40:50 PM »

Ok, folks, the countdown has begun.  It is just a month until all you bus dudes and dudettes are headed to T'ville.  We are really getting excited about seeing old friends and getting to know the friends we haven't met yet.  I know Dallas has told you guys about bringing your old bus parts 'n stuff but tell your wives...right this minute.....don't wait until you forget... that they can bring yard sale stuff also.  Anything goes.  If you want to bring it to sell, and it ain't illegal, then bring it on.  Crafts, baked goods, used household stuff, whatever you wanna get rid of.  And no, you CANNOT sell spouses or children.  If you need a table for your stuff, bring your own since the campground doesn't have many.  The deadline for getting your cheaper registration is almost upon us and the spots with power are almost gone so if you haven't paid your registration or reserved your spot, then please get that form filled out and in the mail to us ASAP.  I would love to know how many kids will be here because I would like to make special plans for them if we have enough.  Also, the kids will all be getting door prizes so I want to be sure I have enough on hand.   Also, if you could let me know the ages of the kids so I can find age appropriate gifts.  I know you have been told we are having blue grass and gospel bands but if any of you play, even if badly, bring your instruments and join  in with the pickin' and grinin'.  Pets are welcome here, on leashes, but I will warn you.....I'm gonna be Aunt Cat to all of em and will do my best to spoil them (if you haven't already)  BYOB, because the beer man won't be attending this rally. If you have any questions, let us know.  Cat Grin
 Also, if anyone has a large size coffee pot, we would appreciate your bringing it.

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Ace

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 06:07:23 PM »

Cat, Susan and I will bring a large size coffe pot with us. It's a 40 cup size. Is that big enough?

Also, Cliff, are we still on for travelling together? When will you be leaving. You know you'll have to wait for me to get to where your at before you leave! Smiley

As for pets? Mine is being spoiled. I just got him from the pound or he just got me from home, whichever fits best but he can always stand more spoiling!

Beer? Aw come on! You mean I have to bring my own Cronies? Do I have to ice them down too?

Bluegrass? Uh, Susan plays a little bluegrass fiddle and I gave up for the time being on my Mandolin since my arm hurt too much.

Ace... who is  looking forward to it!
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 08:25:16 PM »

Well, 40 cups might get Dallas by until noon!!!   Seriously, thought, a 40 cup pot will be great.  Thanks a bunch for bringing it.  No, you don't have to ice them down.........you can drink 'em hot.  LOL.  I think we can manage the ice just this once.  You tell your baby that his Aunt Cat is waiting to meet him.  He sounds like a super lucky fellow as do you for adopting him.  We just got another cat.  Poor Dallas, surrounded by 3 4 legged cats and one 2 legged one.  He has us all 4 spoiled rotten.  Tell Susan to bring her fiddle.  Everyone is welcome to play, sing, dance and, since it goes along with being a bus nut, tell those whoppers.

NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 07:07:18 PM »

Yo Cat!  You gotta get the Timmonsville thingy posted on the NJT and MCI sites.   I got some Pmail asking about the event. 
I'm bringing my self....that qualifies as one "child" per Terri.   What am I gonna get?  HMMMMMM?
Looking forward to seeing ya'll! 
Tell Dallas that I'm bringing him some mufflers for fun or profit...his.  He can have them to do whatever his little heart desires!
See ya'll soon!  JR

PARTY  PARTY   PARTY  PARTY    PARTY   PARTY   PARTY[/b][/i]     

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Ace

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 07:34:32 PM »

One Month and counting!
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 03:43:05 AM »

Cat, when I told jackie about the gals' Fleas Market I realized that I just put a steak in front of a hungry Tiger!

She'll be running around this house for the next month filling boxes and I'll need a bay stretcher by the time we leave.

It'll probably take a lot of begging and pleading on my part to get her to leave some space for my Cronie's!  Thanks, buddy!

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 01:03:17 PM »

Any possibility of getting some information on the cabins at the campground? What is furnished, what would I need to bring? Any/all information appreciated.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Dallas

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 02:11:34 PM »

Any possibility of getting some information on the cabins at the campground? What is furnished, what would I need to bring? Any/all information appreciated.
Richard

Richard,
The sleeping cabins are just that: sleeping cabins. They have a bed, a light a chair and a window.
For this get together the price is the same as the camping fee... $20/night

There are also some rental campers that are normally set up as long term (weekly/monthly) living space. I'm not sure what they rent for, but will have Cat check and post here. I want to say $25/night, but wouldn't swear to it.

There is a motel across the freeway from us, but their website says the nightly rate is $53-$58/night, which is $10/night more than any place else in the area.
There is another motel, (Swamp Fox), 7 miles up the road that is newer and (I think), cleaner for $29.95/night.
Another option is the local HoJo's or Hampton Inn which run $42.95/night.

If I can help any other way, just let me know!

Dallas

PS, I included the registration form and flyer here too. just click on the links below.

Or, go to:
http://www.busconversionstuff.com/eventpage.htm
Ace

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 02:34:21 PM »

Dallas,
There is another motel, (Swamp Fox), 7 miles up the road that is newer and (I think), cleaner for $29.95/night.

I guess it's hard to tell when you have the lights out so nobody catches, er sees you! Smiley

By the way, how come you know so much about ALL the rates in and around them parts? Just curious! Aww, just kidding!

Ace
Dallas

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 04:07:17 PM »

Dallas,

I guess it's hard to tell when you have the lights out so nobody catches, er sees you! Smiley

By the way, how come you know so much about ALL the rates in and around them parts? Just curious! Aww, just kidding!

Ace

Cause it's on the way to Myrtle Beach and they have Billboards EVERYWHERE!

But, then I guess they are better than the "South of the Border" signs!
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 07:36:42 PM »

Dallas, I have some takeout MC9 windows..both pax and a pretty decent orig drivers window.  I realize that you are having a "yard sale" or swap-shop sort of thing, and will donate these thing to you...along with the mufflers.  I just don't want to bring them back. If you want them, consider them yours.  If you sell'em...you're rich for the day!   If you don't want'em, I'm gonna haul them off to the dump...like I've threatened to do for a year now.   Undecided
Let me know if you want these things.   It's not a set, but several good windows.  When the bus was skinned, they pulled out all but 7 windows and damaged most of those.  I sawed up the orig frames...but have a couple complete windows, and several more good dark tint takeout glass. 
You're the bus guy...I don't know anyone that wants this stuff! 
BTW, I found a neat little 24 to 12VDC converter in the ticket box pedestal.  Saw a post the other day about the thing, dug up the old ped and low and behold...nice new looking 13 A @ 12DC converter.  Or whatever they call it?
See ya'll soon!  JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Dallas

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 04:19:37 AM »

Dallas, I have some takeout MC9 windows..both pax and a pretty decent orig drivers window.  I realize that you are having a "yard sale" or swap-shop sort of thing, and will donate these thing to you...along with the mufflers.  I just don't want to bring them back. If you want them, consider them yours.  If you sell'em...you're rich for the day!   If you don't want'em, I'm gonna haul them off to the dump...like I've threatened to do for a year now.   Undecided
Let me know if you want these things.   It's not a set, but several good windows.  When the bus was skinned, they pulled out all but 7 windows and damaged most of those.  I sawed up the orig frames...but have a couple complete windows, and several more good dark tint takeout glass. 
You're the bus guy...I don't know anyone that wants this stuff! 
BTW, I found a neat little 24 to 12VDC converter in the ticket box pedestal.  Saw a post the other day about the thing, dug up the old ped and low and behold...nice new looking 13 A @ 12DC converter.  Or whatever they call it?
See ya'll soon!  JR

JR,
Sure, bring lot's of junk, unh, I mean treasures down.
I was going to set up a table with stuff on it and a jar with a slot.
If someone sees something they can use, just pay whatever you think it's worth by putting money in the jar.
After the rally is over, I thought maybe we could contact Craig, (Gumpy), and donate it to Kales school to buy some needed equipment, like graphing calculators.

By the way if any one is interested, Kale is in 3rd place right now and only has a short time to go!

Come on Guy's and Gal's! Help Kale out and make his day!

Here's the link:

http://www.84silver.com/contest_browse_view.php?entry_id=MjEy
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 05:11:31 PM »

Now, Bob, you let Jackie bring anything she wants to for the sale.  Look at it this way....everything she brings out of the house, leaves more room for MORE STUFF.  LOL  If he keeps being a bad boy, I might even put Dallas up for sale.  Anyone got 2 cents to offer?HuhHuh

NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 03:39:47 AM »

Cat, not only is Dallas overpriced at $.02...do you really think you might find a taker?  Especially when you consider that all his toys would have to go with him.....and then what would you do with all that extra room? Huh

All things considered you might wish to re-examine the offer to part with him...while he's sorta grown on me...like a wart...I'm sure he's much more important to you and the Kitty Cats. Grin

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 04:39:00 AM »

Ya'll hold on there....I'm thinking .... .02 cents ain't a whole lot...may still find some use for Dallas!  How long is the offer good for?   Cheesy
See ya soon! JR  Cool

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: