Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 30, 2014, 08:56:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Count down to Timmonsville has begun  (Read 5873 times)
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2006, 06:16:40 AM »

Now this Timmonsville, SC gathering is getting serious like I figured it would.  I am really pleased to think that Sonny Gray may be there with his Eagle or I have mis-interpeted Busted Knuckle's post, Sonny has to know I am one of his very biggest fans and I have stated so many times on these boards.  Maybe Dallas & Cat can confirm the attendance of Sonny Gray with information for us all to look forward to.

If Sonny does attend and you want to see a real converter's work, work that professionals state could not be done, The changing of (DD3) F------- Brakes to spring, installation of a cat engine with minimal clearances and the complete redesign of reversing his drive and Bogie wheels assembly be sure, BE SURE to see Sonny's bus if he comes.  Bring your camera, ask questions and meet one of the most genuine friends you will make.  Be sure to meet his wife Pat also, she is also someone you will be happy to have met and continue to inquire about when talking to Sonny.  So if we all ask pretty please maybe Sonny & Pat can attend Dallas & Cat's gathering in October.

Lets see,
Jack & Paula Conrad, Sonny & Pat Gray- (Hopefully), Dallas & Cat, JR & Terry Lynch and their great music will be there, Ace & Susan with their new family addition, NCbob and His family, Kyle 4501 and his family  and of coarse, Linda & I with  our puppies and our S&S will be there and this is a list of only a few of those I know that are attending Dallas's & Cat's gatherin at this time.  Others I probably do not know as of this moment but I am anxious to see those I have met before and meet those I have not before this gathering. 

Maybe if we try real hard we can convince others that attended last year to attend again this year.  Hint, (Cliff & Julie, Dave & Carol, Mike & Jay, Tommy & Margaret, Leroy & Lila, Gillis & Sarah, Sam & Sandy with their 1958 GMC with their special "Mexican" paint job I just loved, Jerry & Sharron, "John & Anita" great musicians that they are, Sandra & Alex, Dave & Dave with their S&S like us and anyone with the interest to come and have a good time with a chance to buy some good stuff, (Yard Sale Stuff).  Bring some stuff you no longer need to sell as well!!

WE can only hope for good weather for us, and not a torrential rain storm like in May.  That was horrible but happens. 
Time is flying by, if you are tempted to come to one of these gathering please do and come relaxed, bring your favorite beverages and eats, leave room for the "Pig Picking" and  bring comfortable folding chairs to sit and listen to Jr & Terry and anyone else wishing to do some old fashioned Picking & Grinnin music.

Don't sit there and wait for my Photo's to be on my web site, come and be part of it and have your pictures taken having fun and after being seen by many thousands viewing them on the web wishing they had attended. 

Look forward to more coming, Again be sure to bring Your Camera. 

Gary, (1/2 Owner of the "Rustless Money Pit") 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 06:27:06 AM by Gary LaBombard » Logged

Gary
Dallas

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2006, 06:31:42 AM »

Ummm,
I think the Idea that Sonny Gray will be here is kind of premature.
As far as I know, he won't be here, unless something happens that I'm not aware of yet.

I think the idea got started when Cat and Bryce werehaving fun Back and forth, keeping the different rallies up front.

I apologize for any misconceptions!

Dallas
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2006, 06:43:19 AM »

Big disappointment on my part, but I got excited there for a moment.  I better learn to relax and not let ADD take over my emotions, AGAIN!  But he will be seen in Arcadia as far as I know and pretty sure of, (I HOPE).

Thanks for the clearing up of this Cat, Disapointing though, got to try figure out when you guys are always kidding, you know us (southern converted) yankee's--Ready to go!!

Sonny, if you see this, see the excitement you can cause if you were to show up at Timmonsville this October?  We would probably have to use other property next to Dallas & Cat's for everyone to stay!! 

Thanks again Cat, sorry to excite everyone in the mean time.

Gary
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 06:46:05 AM by Gary LaBombard » Logged

Gary
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2006, 06:55:46 AM »

Ummm,I think the Idea that Sonny Gray will be here is kind of premature.
As far as I know, he won't be here, unless something happens that I'm not aware of yet.

I think the idea got started when Cat and Bryce werehaving fun Back and forth, keeping the different rallies up front.

I apologize for any misconceptions!
Dallas

Gary I too am sorry! I got confused as to which "WORLDS GREATEST CAT" Dallas's better half was refering too! I thoght it was just plain common knowledge in the "BUS NUT WORLD", that  Sonny's CAT powered EAGLE is simply the Greatest! But NCBob explained it to me in a way it sunk through my KNUCKLE HEAD, that she was refer'n to herself!    

Ohhh now I get it ! I'm sorry  Cat, Gary, Dallas, Sonny & Pat & their CAT powered EAGLE, and anyone else I may have offended or confused with my own confusion! BK  Grin

Everyone should still show up at Timmonsville! Even if I was confused as to which "WORLDS GREATEST CAT" will be there! LOL!

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Dallas

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2006, 07:22:20 AM »

Maybe someone with influence could persuade Sonny and his feline powered avian to appear?Huh

Please?HuhHuh

Anyway, there's les than 2 weeks left and we still haven't recieved everyones registration form!!

Hurry or you'll get stuck by the Dinosaur!!!

Registration form:

http://www.busconversionstuff.com/eventpage.htm

Ace

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2006, 10:33:38 AM »

Dallas, how about a list of who IS already confirmed to being there?

Curious minds want to know!

Ace.... almost there!
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2006, 10:58:25 AM »

Anita and John will be there...barrring major mishap.  We'll have some music..I garuntee!   Looking forward to the fiddle and harp too!  And any other musicians are more than welcome to join in the fray!  We ain't exactly "professional" musicians!   The music gives us an excuse to get together and do some consuming! Shocked
Haven't heard much from Cliff lately?    CLIFF!!  where you at? Wink
See Ya'll in October, JR   Cool

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Dallas

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2006, 01:06:29 PM »

OK Ace!

I saw your request over on SOB too. (Some Other Board!---- Sorry I@n) VBG

We have a partial list here because Cat has the rest of the forms hiding somewhere that I don't know about.

Mike Hill

Jay McKnight

Bob and Jackie Wies

Gary and Linda LaBombard

A. Kline and K. Waldrop

Sam & Sandy

Someone by the name of Rossi! Whoever that may be. (probably has a schoolie with a smoke stack out the window)

Jack and Paula

JR 'n' Terri

David S.

David K.

And hopefully more to come!

Remember everyone... we need your registrations so we can have a real honest to goodness Blowout!

Registration Form is available at:

http://www.busconversionstuff.com/eventpage.htm

Or here on the calendar:

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=743.0
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2006, 09:51:54 AM »

[qoute]Re: Branson MO.
« Reply #6 on: Today at 08:46:02 AM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: rv_safetyman on Today at 08:18:45 AM
Richard, I did not mean to imply that they would turn folks away.  However, the campground is somewhat limited in space. 
It is only fair to give the dues paying members the first crack at the space available. 
Like any other organization, Eagles International is always interested in increasing their membership.  The best way to do that is to open the rallies to non-members when there is space available.
That is the reason why I gave Bryon Piggs' phone number in my first post.
Now for a bit of an editorial comment:

PLEASE do not wait till the last minute to sign up or worse yet, just plan on dropping in.  All rallies take a lot of planning and Byron does a great job.  He must know how many folks are coming so he can plan his activities.  I am sure he plans for a few extra, but if he is overwhelmed with folks he did not plan for, that becomes unfair to him.  End of soap box!

Great post Jim! That goes for any Rally/Gathering! BK  

Hey folks I took the liberty of hi-jacking Jim's post from another thread to share a very important point!

Get those registrations into Byron, Dallas & Cat, Christy, & Me and look at all the fun you'll have going to Branson, MO to Timmonsville, SC, to Carthage MO, and then here to Union City, TN for an excellent month long adventure of camping and commodere! BK!

Eagles Bash Branson, MO Oct 2nd-5th
Dallas & Cats Shindig Timmonsville, SC Oct 5th-8th
Christy's Jersey Round Up Carthage, MO Oct 13th-15th
TN Fall Bus Bash @ Knuckle's Union City, TN Oct 26th-31st

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2006, 11:37:58 AM »

Opps! Let's modify this an start at the Deleware Rally! LOL!

Bruce & Nicks Gig Deleware Sept 22nd-24th
Eagles Bash Branson, MO Oct 2nd-5th
Dallas & Cats Shindig Timmonsville, SC Oct 5th-8th
Christy's Jersey Round Up Carthage, MO Oct 13th-15th
TN Fall Bus Bash @ Knuckle's Union City, TN Oct 26th-31st
PLEASE do not wait till the last minute to sign up or worse yet, just plan on dropping in.  All rallies take a lot of planning .  We must know how many folks are coming so we can plan the activities.  I am sure we plan for a few extra, but if we are overwhelmed with folks we did not plan for, that becomes unfair to everybody.  End of soap box!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Get those registrations into Bruce/Nick, Byron, Dallas & Cat, Christy, & Me and look at all the fun you'll have going to Deleware to Branson, MO to Timmonsville, SC, to Carthage MO, and then here to Union City, TN for an excellent extended month long adventure of camping and commodere! BK!

www.kylakesidetravel.net

NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2006, 05:46:05 PM »

OK Ace!

I saw your request over on SOB too. (Some Other Board!---- Sorry I@n) VBG

We have a partial list here because Cat has the rest of the forms hiding somewhere that I don't know about.

Mike Hill

Jay McKnight

Bob and Jackie Wies

Gary and Linda LaBombard

A. Kline and K. Waldrop

Sam & Sandy

Someone by the name of Rossi! Whoever that may be. (probably has a schoolie with a smoke stack out the window)

Jack and Paula

JR 'n' Terri

David S.

David K.

And hopefully more to come!

Remember everyone... we need your registrations so we can have a real honest to goodness Blowout!

Registration Form is available at:

http://http://www.busconversionstuff.com/eventpage.htm

Or here on the calendar:

http://http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=743.0

Hey Dallas...you forgot John and Anita!   They're coming too!  Wink
JR
Cool

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2006, 07:00:20 AM »

Time is getting near, Please let your rally host know if you plan to appear!!
bump!

www.kylakesidetravel.net

bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2006, 08:31:22 AM »

Ok, folks.  I still have had no word on how many kids are coming. If there are any, I really want to plan something special for them, fun things to do, door prizes and such!   I am getting so excited about this rally.  I have my yard sale stuff piling up, got Dallas up and working (that was a real joy) and am still working on getting TV coverage.  I can't wait to see the friends I met in May, and some, as Jack & Paula,  long before that.  I am also looking forward to getting to know those friends I haven't met or heard of.  My favorite thing to look forward to is getting a hug from my buddy Bob (if Jackie  & Dallas will allow it)  Cliff, I hope you and your family can come because I want hugs from your kids 'cause they are huggable.  Cat

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Ace

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2006, 10:20:49 AM »

HEY you think Cliff's kids are huggable, wait until I get there!  Grin   BUT that's only if Dallas is smaller than me and can't run fast!  Roll Eyes

Ace
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2006, 11:32:22 AM »

Cliff, I hope you and your family can come because I want hugs from your kids 'cause they are huggable.  Cat

Cat,

We are still planning on it, but to many varibles that I dont control. Cry Like storms.....

I am going into my "get everything done and ready"  mode....So I should be ready to hit the road....

The final decision wont come until the 4th or 5th.

If everything works out we will be there.... Tongue

By the way, the Kids still talk about all the fun they had with You and at Timmonsville.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: