Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 25, 2014, 01:47:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: air tank drain valves  (Read 856 times)
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

I may be nuts, but only for buses

Ignore
« on: December 20, 2010, 07:11:28 PM »

I would like to replace the drain valves on my air tanks with the ones you can attach a cable to and pull from the wheel well.  Too much of a pain having to get under the bus every so often just to drain the tanks.  Any suggestions on where to get them?  Any part numbers?

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 07:14:42 PM »

Derrick, Ryder Truck Parts or Eastern Marine where are you at now you can order through Napa 

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 07:17:35 PM »

Clifford, I am back in Bouse for Christmas with the family then off to Phoenix for a week over new years.  I will check Napa online.  Thanks!

There are three kinds of people in this world....those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that just wonder what the heck is happening. Which one are you?

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 07:38:51 PM »

Derrick, RyderParts have the drains on sale for 8.22 each with the cable Midland/Haldex number 12104  

good luck
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 07:44:21 PM by luvrbus » Logged

thomasinnv
Derrick Thomas

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 07:47:58 PM »

Ok I'll check that out, thanks Clifford!

1977 MCI Crusader MC-8
8V71N/740
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 07:52:51 PM »

NAPA has that part listed online for $8.99.  Ryder usually blows away NAPA prices, but not really in this case.  I have seen Ryder prices that were half of what NAPA wanted and NAPA claimed their cost was more than Ryder was selling for.

If NAPA has a warehouse locally they can probably get the part same or next day.  These valves are available with different length cables.  I got mine from NAPA.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 07:58:25 PM »

The difference is you are buying a Midland/Haldex double seat better drain than a Napa sells

good luck

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 07:59:53 PM »

The difference is you are buying a Midland/Haldex double seat better drain than a Napa sells

It is the same part number from Midland.  Does Midland sell something different to NAPA than they do to Ryder?

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 08:10:42 PM »

If Napa is selling Midland now go for it but everyone I bought from Napa was a Velvac same as their relays hasn't been that long ago the one I have in the shop from Napa is a Velvac single seal but I don't care one way or the other I was just trying to help a friend find the valves

good luck
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 08:17:23 PM by luvrbus » Logged

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 09:11:31 AM »

NAPA will sell whatever you ask for.  They may not have it in stock, but they have most of it at the warehouse.  Sometimes I ask for a really oddball part and they don't have in the local warehouse and they would charge for shipping if it is in Indianapolis or something.

You might not get a Midland if you just ask for an air tank drain valve.  Now, if you ask for a 12104 they'll get you the Midland part.  At my local NAPA they would look at me funny if I asked for an air tank drain valve.  They would have no clue.  I usually look up the part number on NAPA Online and then call them to order the part.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: