Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 21, 2014, 11:04:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: good news, bad news on my 8v92?  (Read 3846 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 06:24:01 AM »

I am with Tom me I would take to the place Ace recommends and have everything on top of the engine checked,if all is good upstairs then worry about the 4000 dollar leak.
Save me a spot at Rocky Mt. Tom and we will stop for a visit in late July we will be in that area

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
MikeH

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 09:18:03 AM »

Quote from: white-eagle
i'm going to be working in the Rocky Mt Natl park above Denver all summer.

What are you going to be doing up in the park? That is probably my favorite national park as we vacationed there a lot when I was growing up. We hope to come thru Colo. sometime this summer, maybe we can swing up and say hey, too.

Mike

"It just ain't fair! How come the good guys always win?" -Bad Jack Cutter
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2010, 08:21:56 PM »

We will be running the Stillwater site next to the Lake.  Some maps show that as a Thousand Trails park, but it is a national forest campground which we will be running and working on.  Arapaho National Forest area.

Come visit, love to see you.  Sorry, but no breaks on the fees  Cheesy.  That is, except Clifford.  someone with that background and knowledge, i'd pay to meet  Wink
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 08:23:51 PM by white-eagle » Logged

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2011, 07:05:08 PM »

it seems it's still good new, bad news, but there's more good news than bad.
First, the really good news - The "tornado" or reaallly stroooong wind in a circular motion, really rocked the bus more than i ever could.  according to radar, it went right over us just south of Arcadia.  Man what a wind.  Unfortunately, we were sampling wine and finishing supper instead of watching the weather.  Fortunately, i saw the lightning start and we ran back to the bus to close windows.  Unfortunately, i didn't check the vent, but fortunately, the open one is in the bathroom, so the sink and shower got rained on. 
with the help of Jack's pressure washer, some purple stuff and some gunk, i cleaned the engine compartment enough that i can look at the engine without getting greasy.  i was also able to see the leak better, and it's coming from behind an oil line nut that pushed oil into the gear box on the rear of the engine.  i think that line is the source of all the oil leak.  when running at lower RPM, it runs down the side of the end plate on the gasket seal (which led us to believe it was leaking).  under higher rpm, it drips straight down onto the starter.

Now if we can just find a diagram that shows the part number so we can get the new one, or just take it off to see if it's repairable.  But it seems the engine pull may be history for now.  There are some things to be done, but maybe they can wait until something really does require an engine pull.  i hate to do it while the engine is running well.

Tom

JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 12:15:06 AM »

If you get oil on the carbon brushes they will become cutting tools and destroy your commutator. (spud)  Clifford or ? can fill you in.  Eye is tired...sorry.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 04:47:16 AM »

Tom,

We might be through there. However, we usually stay at Elk meadow rv park (right at the entrance). Since we don't have a toad, we only have the bus to get around. The problem is your CG is on the other side of the top Wink. We have taken the bus over trail ridge road, and although it was an exciting drive, I wouldn't want to drive it several times in one stay Grin. Certainly not a huge deal, but not your sit back and drive cruise either.

Maybe we will be able to make it at some point. I will keep you updated.

God bless,

John

We will be running the Stillwater site next to the Lake.  Some maps show that as a Thousand Trails park, but it is a national forest campground which we will be running and working on.  Arapaho National Forest area.

Come visit, love to see you.  Sorry, but no breaks on the fees  Cheesy.  That is, except Clifford.  someone with that background and knowledge, i'd pay to meet  Wink

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2011, 04:56:53 AM »

Love to meet all the busnuts in the area John.  Don't know anything about the hills and valleys nearby.  (ssshhh, i don't want Fran to find out there's scary mountain roads.)

Tom

libby

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2011, 05:00:32 AM »

Tom, cody has the Golden Access card for a break with national parks, is that park one of the ones that honors it with half price rates?
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2011, 06:00:36 AM »

don't know libby.  i would guess yes, but have never worked a contracted NPS park before.  Ask me again in late May after i've had time to get the rules down pat?  Smiley.  you guys comin out, too.  Glad to see you posting, and so i assume both of you doin ok.

Tom

John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2011, 06:11:20 AM »

Tom,

If you haven't done that road before, you will find it most entertaining. You all will only have to do it when you are taking the bus out, since you have a toad. My advice is, watch out for the rock walls that hang out on the switchbacks (those would do a number to the side of your bus), and take it slow. You will remember the drive, trust me Grin. But it really isn't that bad. They take tour buses up there all of the time.

God bless,

Joh

Love to meet all the busnuts in the area John.  Don't know anything about the hills and valleys nearby.  (ssshhh, i don't want Fran to find out there's scary mountain roads.)

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
libby

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 06:42:55 AM »

We're doing great tom, we've talked about a west coast run for a long time, I lived in washington state and california when my dad was in the service and stationed out there and cody hasn't been out west since 1970 or around there.  I try to keep up with everything cause cody isn't allowed on the board anymore because he refuses to be the only one ever required to sign a piece of paper in order to grace this 'honored' board so he talks to everyone on facebook.  He keeps busy with his benefits and his ACLU work and he has gone back to school I have no idea what he wants with another degree but he is neck deep into it, he's been retired for 10 years, I think he just wants to paper the living room wall.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: