Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 15, 2014, 09:37:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sound system in your bus?  (Read 4344 times)
mlh1936

Graphics By Turbo Images

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 10:11:27 AM »

I have a Kenwood AM/FM/iPod/CD/XM dash unit,  I use it while in motion wit 2 pioneer 6X9" speakers. When parked I use a Pioneer home type amp with a built in tuner and can run the TV or iPod through it. I use 4 moderately priced 6" round Kenwood speakers 2 in front and 2 in rear along with a home sized sub-woofer. It's not the most expensive or sophisticated system, but sounds pretty darned good to me.

1987 MCI 102A-3, 8V92, HT-740 conversion in progress.
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 10:22:43 AM »

Cliff, yeah, Bose still has the big subwoofer. The one that requires power is the best sounding. We built it into a table box at the end of the couch. You just cant beat the sound.

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2010, 05:58:36 PM »

I used a Denon 500w rec, with Boston acustic surround. Sunk the sub under the couch. I have Pioneer w changer in dash for road. Like it loud but Clear !LOL
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2010, 06:41:47 AM »

We have the Bose lifestyle 35 that will goin once the living room is completed and have a basic in dash cd player up front, like it load too! Grin

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
babell2

Brice

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2010, 08:39:13 AM »

Since my bus is still a BUS. I am still in the design faze of everything.  I am contemplating going full digital with either an I pad GPS nav system in one up front and a intigrated music/computer system for coach entertainment.  I am open for ideas and thoughts on a system.

Brice.

1980 MCI-9 "The Last Resort" Located just south of Atlanta GA.
Just starting conversion. A long way to go!
The other Brice
Oregonconversion

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2010, 10:12:22 PM »

I have the bose 321 system. I got it for $300 a year old off craigslist and it sounds great. Has 2 speakers and a subwoofer. The DVD system will play CDs and DVDs. Its great, even when I have the volume turned up to 100 it will not distort. Love it!

1977 MC8
8V92 HT740
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2010, 06:50:01 AM »

I use a Kenwood AM/FM cassette player up front (have over 120 hours of cassette tapes from when I was truck driving) with a home made speaker cabinet where the sign used to be (transit) with a two 12" woofers and 2 piezo tweeters with no crossover (both from the Shack).  Mid way back are two way 6x9's.  Still sounds to good to replace.
In the bedroom, have a complete house type stereo system with Kenwood AM/FM receiver, VCR, twin cassette tape recorder, DVD player. Speakers are again from the Shack- two 10" woofers, and two piezo tweeters without crossover.  Sound is sound, and when you have a system your ear likes, it is hard to let loose.
In my truck, in the cab I'm only going to have Sirius radio and Ipod with GPS.  In the back, like Sean a Bose 5.1 system.
My stereo speakers at home are Altec-Lansing A7-500 Voice of the Theatres.  These speakers were designed in the 30's-still are the best sounding speakers I've ever heard.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
libby

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2010, 07:29:33 AM »

We use the Mackie 801S for the mixer/amp and an American Audio double cd deck, the amp is 600 watts of pure actual power per channel with that going thru 2-JBL SF15's with about 6500 cd's to choose from, BK has enjoyed some of our cd cases, using one of the earthquakes for subwoofers gives me just the punch we like for good clean sound.  The earthquakes are made by Cerwin Vega.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 07:48:20 AM by libby » Logged
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2010, 08:46:52 AM »

4 grandkids at one time and a I pod works good for me lol 

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
MikeH

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2010, 03:26:35 PM »

Has anybody looked at a system like this? Sonos  It is a wireless system that can give you different music in each room (bedroom, kitchen, etc.) from multiple sources, ipod, computer, internet, or other services. Wonder if it work as well in a bus as in a house. I'd be curious if it would work in the drivers area as well as the rest of the coach.

Another option to consider for the future, yet imaginary bus.

Mike

"It just ain't fair! How come the good guys always win?" -Bad Jack Cutter
RoyJ

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2010, 10:43:28 PM »

We use the Mackie 801S for the mixer/amp and an American Audio double cd deck, the amp is 600 watts of pure actual power per channel with that going thru 2-JBL SF15's with about 6500 cd's to choose from, BK has enjoyed some of our cd cases, using one of the earthquakes for subwoofers gives me just the punch we like for good clean sound.  The earthquakes are made by Cerwin Vega.

Sound like a fellow pro-audio lover to me  Smiley

As a hobby DJ, I too want a pro PA system in my bus one day, for those "beach parties". For now, I've got a receiver, and some high sensitivity (for home woofers) JBL towers for parties, and regular car deck + 6.5" Infinitis for traveling.
happycamperbrat

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2010, 04:24:54 AM »

I scored a kareokee (sp?) machine lol. When I get it hooked up I am gonna drive everyone crazy  Grin Grin Grin

The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post
trucktramp

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2010, 05:24:11 AM »

I scored a kareokee (sp?) machine lol. When I get it hooked up I am gonna drive everyone crazy  Grin Grin Grin

You know that you MUST have "The wheels on the bus go round and round" in your music list...and that it should be the first tune you play.   Grin Grin

Dennis Watson
KB8KNP
Scotts, Michigan
1966 MCI MC5A
8V71
Spicer 4 Speed Manual
libby

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2010, 07:03:22 AM »

Somewhere on here is another thread about audio and cody posted a pic of one of our sound systems on it, I don't know how to find it but maybe somebody can dig it up, we've DJed for many years and as we retire equipment it gets tucked away for back up or additional systems, a couple of the retired pieces cody has built into the bus.  The pic of one of our systems is here in a past thread somewhere, cody just said it's called audio in conversions or something like that but I don't know where to look.  OK found the thread  http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=9598.0  Roy it's been far more than a hobby for us, we've done as many as 200 gigs a year, this winter it's almost all been benefits, this area is very hard hit right now with a lot of people hurting.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 07:37:42 AM by libby » Logged
RoyJ

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2010, 06:46:58 PM »

Roy it's been far more than a hobby for us, we've done as many as 200 gigs a year, this winter it's almost all been benefits, this area is very hard hit right now with a lot of people hurting.

Cool, that's awsome!

So I'm guessing you use your bus as an entertainer coach? 200 gigs is a LOT! Do you ever have trouble finding a place to park at some of the places you mix at?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: