Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 04:17:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dometic Vacu Flush Toilets  (Read 1147 times)
scanzel

Ignore
« on: September 05, 2006, 08:03:39 AM »

Smiley Has anyone installed one of the Dometic vacu flush toilet assemblies in your conversion? I was at a RV dealer and he had a used class A for sale and it had the vacu flush system in it. Has anyone had any experience with these? Pro/Cons.

Steve Canzellarini
Berlin, CT
1989 Prevost XL
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 10:17:10 AM »

Hi Scanzel,

I have installed quite a few in boats, But have not had the occasion to install any in a bus yet.

I have the Magnum Opus [non vaccu flush] model in my bus and it's quite nice..

I assume you want to know how the vaccu- flush holds up? or do you want to know how it works?

Pro's, You can install the toilet up to 20 feet away from the tanks. They only use 1 pint of water.

Con's, On the pricy side, takes alot of planning to layout the installation

Here is the link to SeaLand/Dometic info on Vaccu-flush     http://www.dometicsanitation.com/vf.asp

Hope this helps
Nick-
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 10:28:09 AM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. » Logged

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Busted

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 05:24:45 PM »

The question would be do you have a reason for installing such a system? (other than you have the bragging rights of having a toilet that replicates the experience of using the bathroom on an airplane) I had a bus with the system of which you speak and while it was cool, it was not worth the  trouble of maintaining & maintenance, much less the cost! Although for me we're talking about a situation of the toilet getting abused around a hundred times a day for years, & with that I would have to say that the reliability factor was very good at the least! As long as the airtight seal is maintained, it works pretty darned good. Although if the system clogs up (& it does) you have a very messy situation on your hands, & there is no way around it. Pulling the vacum/macerator tank out to clean it out gaurantees that you will have poop all over the place, & I would say that you have to be mechanically inclined to attempt it in the first place. Also with every removal of the tank there is the issuse of seal degradation. However if the situation dictates that a remote toilet is needed (located some distance from the tank) then there are few other options. If you must have the woosh toilet & can afford it, go for it! It is a proven & reliable system for sure! Mine worked everyday for many, many years & was still going strong when I sold the bus. I personally prefer an aquamajic with a 4" pipe situated directly over the black tank. Can't go wrong if you tried!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: