Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 27, 2014, 04:00:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $4.00 Diesel  (Read 4234 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« on: December 31, 2010, 11:13:31 AM »

I saw my first 4 buck a gal fuel today at 4 stations in Needles it coming to a theater near you soon it seems to always start here

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Seayfam

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 11:31:12 AM »

Wow!
Hate to see what happens here in Alaska.
We have been paying 3.97 for a year + now
What sucks is they refine it 60 miles from my house. Cry
Gary

Gary Seay (location Alaska)
1969 MCI MC-6 unit# 20006
8V92 turbo 740 auto
more pics and information here     "  www.my69mci-6.blogspot.com  "
challenger440

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 11:37:16 AM »

$3.35 here in Montana. jm

John M.
Helena, Mt
MC7  "under construction"
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 11:40:16 AM »

$3.05 here locally but about $3.20 in the general area/region!

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 11:44:25 AM »

Fuel went up today on the AZ side .11 cents a gal to 3.39 for RV diesel at the Texaco place where I buy that would make it 3.47 for trucks,HAPPY NEW YEARS from the oil Co's huh that will help BP recoup some bucks

good luck
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 11:57:06 AM by luvrbus » Logged

RickB

81 MCI 9 smooth side 8V71 Allison 754

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 03:04:56 PM »

My anger at speculation driven oil prices is embarassing. Supply and demand I get but wildly fluctuating prices just for the sake of greed... well I'm concerned that all of this BS is gonna destabilize the world economy to the point where not only the United States but countries like Somalia and Ethiopia are all gonna start making REAL and very drastic mostakes with ramifications we honestly can't see from where we are now. The issues we have with the middle east are not going to get better if we and the rest of the free world go broke.

Wall Street should get the hell out of oil. If you don't have a place to store it you shouldn't be allowed to speculate on it's perceived worth. Does anybody remember Enron? They "created" shortages and blackouts to drive up energy prices in the western states. Those were our people doing that to their own friends and neighbors.

The Government should quit taxing oil to the tune of almost a dollar a gallon in some states.

England, France and the rest of the G20 should be required to build their own Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel refineries instead of the ONLY refineries for ULSD being here in the states. That creates a High demand/Low supply perception that is not based on how much oil we have but how much of it meets the Kyoto accord standards.

I know as well as any of you that nothing has happened in the last two months to run up these prices. It's just another "bubble" not based on anything but a few rich people with access to the media creating a fake shortage.

Thanks for letting me vent. I told you it was embarassing

RB

I will drive my Detroit hard... I will drive my Detroit hard.
Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 03:16:49 PM »

Just Looked at Love's sign from my house here in Wells NV 3.42/9

John

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
blank

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 03:25:51 PM »

The majority of Americans are so uneducated about everything, and so uncaring, the Government and Financiers could probably come up with selling your Parents for Dog Food and they probably wouldnt do anything, or say anything. They just roll over for it all.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 03:27:49 PM »

Rick, that kinda makes me feel bad but being retired and getting no interest on our savings and the real estate market in the dump I do speculate a little on fuel it is going up anyway and I cannot stop it so I cash in it's not like I make millions on the fuel.
Another thought is we imposed the new fuel on the world they did not impose it on us
Everything is done on speculation I did it one time with cows never will I do that again man was that a killer I didn't eat beef for 2 years lol.
 I do feel bad for you guys I really do and fwiw I think the $5.00 fuel started the mess we have now.

good luck  
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 03:51:16 PM by luvrbus » Logged

RickB

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 03:31:57 PM »

Oh and another thing. For all of us who still even have 401k's isn't it nice to know that the biggest investors in oil futures by a longshot is none other than..... Our own 401k's

That is weird to think that my 401 k is reaching into one pocket andtaking out dollars (I own a bus that get's 6 mpg) and replacing it with pennies (how much value has your 401k lost since the beginning of this meltdown 40%?  50%?

So you and I have been actually stealing from ourselves because of the current laws that allow financial groups to play oil like a slot machine and then those nice folks down on Wall Street came along and stole whatever was left.

Nice...

Oh and then we bailed them out to the tune of God only knows how many millions.

And just in case that wasn't emough good news on New Years Day, the brilliant move by the fed to "inject" 600 billion more valueless dollars into the world economy a few weeks back made our dollar lose ,ore of it's value which makes Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran and all the other members of OPEC raise their prices.

Hold onto your hats the former CEO of BP is "speculating" that 5 dollar oil that an earlier poster quoted. I wonder how many shares of BP his severance package had in it. Probably enough to say that he's not an objective bystander.

I'll quit now, I'm sure you're all bored. It is gonna be a tough summer if oil doesn't recede. We'll be camping in our driveway.
Rick

Hard Headed Ken

1988 Prevost Angola Conversion Repowered With 14L Series 60 & Eaton Ultrashift

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 05:23:34 PM »

The genius at the Federal Reserve has decided it's good ideal to print another 600 billion dollars this year. Since most oil is imported and the value of the dollar is falling because we are printing so much money, that also contributes rising fuel prices. The government has invested way to many billions in the electric car to allow fuel to say below $3.00.
 $4 to $5 per gallon fuel, well there goes any chance of economy recovery. I could go on about a another page but it's New Year's Eve. I'm going home, fix a good strong Margarita and fall asleep in the chair reading my Series 60 Application / Install manual.  What a party!!!!!!!

Ken

Link to my engine swap slide show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxAFFBcoTQI
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 05:42:26 PM »

The genius at the Federal Reserve has decided it's good ideal to print another 600 billion dollars this year.

This will reach far beyond oil. Hyper-inflation anyone?

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
It’s the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 08:25:16 PM »

Don't forget it's been a cold winter.  People will pay a lot to keep warm.  The pirates no when to gouge.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 05:55:53 AM »

I will take a couple of billion of that "worthless" money.  Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2011, 06:14:48 AM »

Guess I will just have to change my driving habits. Slow down &save fuel and take shorter trips. Smarter planning for trips. Sounds good doesn't it and may happen to some extent. I have come to the reality that I haven't got forever to live and don't plan on leaving my kids anything so will complain and ask for fuel help with others enjoying ride. Lot's of new drilling going on around here! and opening up capped wells.They must be getting ready for better profits.Sign of future. When I made $.95 a hr gas was $.24   when I made $38.50 gas was $2.39. Won't do math . but appears energy has actually taken less of my income from 1960 to my retirement in 2006. Don't misunderstand I don't like high prices!

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 06:36:45 AM »

Not that it will ease the pain but talking to a friend in Sydney diesel is a $1.25 a litre wholesale at the gate before taxes, delivery, retail sales  put a pencil to that 4 bucks for us is cheap,we will be paying the same for fuel as Europe does it is just a matter of time and FWIW fuel is cheaper here than Mexico  

good luck
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 06:48:28 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 07:41:42 AM »

All I know is that when we bought the 4104 in 1986, the cost of fuel was simply not a factor in our decision to take a trip.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
RickB

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 08:37:03 AM »

The main reason we aren't in Arcadia is that it didn't make sense with diesel at $3 a gallon and with it approaching $3.75 a gallon it really wouldn't make sense with our upcoming move at the end of the month.

I have always used the math of 50 cents a mile when planning trips. That may approach a dollar a mile if the nation doesn't wake up and say enough's enough. When does the cost of hotel, airfare, reataurants start making more sense than using our buses?

I have no idea how truckers are making this work

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 08:52:54 AM »

Rick, truckers make it work by passing in on to us who buy the goods here lately I never get any shipments without some type extra charge for fuel

good luck

Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 09:44:51 AM »

Good idea Clifford.  I think I will pass the extra fuel costs on to my wife.

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2011, 12:50:47 PM »

Rick, truckers make it work by passing in on to us who buy the goods here lately I never get any shipments without some type extra charge for fuel
good luck

Clifford your so right!
Just got a delivery of 2 batteries from Setra North America (NC & the only place these off sized batteries can be found)
The trucking company charged Setra a 22.5% surcharge for increased fuel costs! That is exactly the way the bill of lading & the packing list state it! (at first I thought "wow, glad I ain't pay'n the frieght, but in reality I am because I know Setra is passing it on in the cost of the product!)
 Angry  BK   Angry

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2011, 04:19:11 PM »

good luck

Man-Man, $4 diesel, I may have to give up my Twinkies & Ding Dongs for sure this year.  Why is it so high Clifford? 

LuvRbus:  Good question Boxcar, I will try and explain it to you (pay attention there will be a test on Monday)
Boxcar:  Test?  I don't need no stinkin test man (spoken in a cheech n chong attitude or voice)

LuvRbus:  Well Boxcar, it’s true, oil prices have reached an all time high. But before consumers do something drastic, like purchase a hybrid—or as I call them, a mutant—consider the fixed costs that go into producing your typical $104 barrel of oil. Right up front, $5 goes to development of new oil resources. $10 goes to new technology research. $15 a barrel goes to making those commercials where oil companies try to convince you they’re not raping the environment and $25 goes toward blackening the oil.

BoxcarOkie:  If I may, just very quickly, right there stop you, I was under the impression that oil comes out black.
LuvRbus: That’s what Hollywood would have you believe, Boxcar. No, oil actually comes out of the ground looking like this. A pretty rainbow! And it burns clean. Cruding it up ain’t cheap.

BoxcarOkie: Uh as if so, that adds, I guess, $55 a barrel to the oil, what about the rest of the cost?
LuvRbus: Well, it fluctuates, depending on how chaotic the political situation is. That’s why the Middle East loved George Bush. Without him, oil prices plummet; Middle Eastern revenue streams dry up and the terrorist are having to work second jobs at Bennigans. Or, the Middle Eastern equivalent: Applebee’s.

BoxcarOkie:  Well, I for one, am glad that we got this cleared up, I was thinkin it would get expensive here pretty soon.

FILL ER UP!

BCO

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2011, 04:32:42 PM »

Must be cold in OK or Don is bored lol I did know oil wasn't black saw too much of the sweet crude oil when I was kid  

good luck
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 04:34:38 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2011, 04:37:52 PM »

Yeah, but when you were a kid the oil was new.

Eagle Andy
Cowboy Coach

1968 Silver Eagle # 7481

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2011, 04:48:31 PM »

Well I work in the oil Business, well at least making it come out of the ground better lol, I don't like paying that much for fuel anymore than anyone else , But I went thur the slow down two years ago and watched alot of guys lose there jobs and now we are hiring all of them back and a lot more.
Yes big oil makes alot of money of all of us, but big oil also puts alot of us to work as well. That might set well with some but for me and my Family Iam putting beans on the table and even with four dollor fuel we still have it alot better than many and I don't see much of a slow down and any given Highway anywhere Ive been lol .

So I don't know if I have much of a point here, But it is what it is and I guess I will just make the adjustments where I need to  Grin

1968 Model 05 Eagle # 7481 Miles City MT
RickB

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2011, 07:21:52 PM »

We're talking apples to oranges here guys.
wall street speculation is the only thing I mentioned in my post.
The fact that folks make mountains out of mole hills or even create perceptions of doom and gloomthat aren't based in fact thereby creating fake"events"to drive up oil prices is just plain evil.

Remember the story of chicken little? He was the original commodity speculator.

niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2011, 10:13:42 PM »

"I was under the impression that oil comes out black"

Heck - I was under the impression that Delo looked like mineral oil - It was DD's that turned it black  Huh

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2011, 06:12:47 AM »

A secret is that the European countries banded together and required 15 PPM sulfur fuel ("ULSD") about 14 years ago as an anti-pollution measure.  N American fuel stayed at 500 PPM until late 2006; then EPA (and Transport Canada/Environment Canada) required 15 PPM fuel in the US.  The N American refineries had to go to ULSD; soon after, it began to make more profit for the oil companies to ship diesel (which in N America is basically a by-product of gasoline production for the 10 months when heating oil use isn't at it's highest) overseas for sale.  Ever notice that up until about 5 years ago diesel fuel was 10 cents less than regular unleaded but since then it's been running about the price of Premium Unleaded or 5-10 cents higher?

Especially the US restricts domestic oil production for political ("anti-pollution", "environmental protection" and "endangered species") reasons, raises lots of money in bonds and inflation and currency to purchase foreign oil, passes along the costs to the public of trade imbalance that this massive purchase results in (not to mention the military and diplomatic costs of what this money finances overseas) -- all of which is an incredibly high real cost to the American people.  And then they let the oil companies export the finished product -- made from crude purchased at such a high price -- overseas just to increase the oil companies' profits.

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2011, 08:59:59 AM »

"I was under the impression that oil comes out black"

Heck - I was under the impression that Delo looked like mineral oil - It was DD's that turned it black  Huh

Sounds a little off topic here but the above is way too funny.

LoL
John

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2011, 03:40:44 PM »

Must be cold in OK or Don is bored lol I did know oil wasn't black saw too much of the sweet crude oil when I was kid  

good luck

Dello?  Isn't that what you put on a Chef's Salad?  I believe my bus is currently out of oil Clifford, there isn't any under it.  Took it a hundred miles out yesterday, radar-ed me a chicken fry and some mashed tators, and then drove it home.  

First trip of the New Year.  How's everything in "Sun City?"

BCO

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2011, 03:43:23 PM »

All I know is that when we bought the 4104 in 1986, the cost of fuel was simply not a factor in our decision to take a trip.

When we first entered into all this, 1976, it was 46.9 at the pump and dogs couldn't vote!

Who would have thunk this huh?

BCO

Hal

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2011, 10:10:39 AM »

I know prices are going up but Needles has always been insane in their prices for fuel. Just shinning a little bright light on the subject but I just drove from Annapolis Marryland to Albuquerque, NM over the past two days and Diesel prices ran from $2.99 in Oklahoma to $3.45 with most around $3.30. Not cheap and most likely to move higher but still doable. When we were building our bus it was around $1.00 most places and fuel  wasn't a huge issue. Now that I'm retired it is a REAL issue.
Hal
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2011, 12:36:58 PM »

I know prices are going up but Needles has always been insane in their prices for fuel. Just shinning a little bright light on the subject but I just drove from Annapolis Marryland to Albuquerque, NM over the past two days and Diesel prices ran from $2.99 in Oklahoma to $3.45 with most around $3.30. Not cheap and most likely to move higher but still doable. When we were building our bus it was around $1.00 most places and fuel  wasn't a huge issue. Now that I'm retired it is a REAL issue.
Hal

Could not have said it better myself.  There is nothing ... repeat NOTHING cheap in Needles.  I filled up yesterday for $3.09 at a cash price pump.

BCO

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: