Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 01, 2014, 12:52:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $4.00 Diesel  (Read 4158 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 06:36:45 AM »

Not that it will ease the pain but talking to a friend in Sydney diesel is a $1.25 a litre wholesale at the gate before taxes, delivery, retail sales  put a pencil to that 4 bucks for us is cheap,we will be paying the same for fuel as Europe does it is just a matter of time and FWIW fuel is cheaper here than Mexico  

good luck
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 06:48:28 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 07:41:42 AM »

All I know is that when we bought the 4104 in 1986, the cost of fuel was simply not a factor in our decision to take a trip.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
RickB

81 MCI 9 smooth side 8V71 Allison 754

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 08:37:03 AM »

The main reason we aren't in Arcadia is that it didn't make sense with diesel at $3 a gallon and with it approaching $3.75 a gallon it really wouldn't make sense with our upcoming move at the end of the month.

I have always used the math of 50 cents a mile when planning trips. That may approach a dollar a mile if the nation doesn't wake up and say enough's enough. When does the cost of hotel, airfare, reataurants start making more sense than using our buses?

I have no idea how truckers are making this work

I will drive my Detroit hard... I will drive my Detroit hard.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 08:52:54 AM »

Rick, truckers make it work by passing in on to us who buy the goods here lately I never get any shipments without some type extra charge for fuel

good luck

Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 09:44:51 AM »

Good idea Clifford.  I think I will pass the extra fuel costs on to my wife.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2011, 12:50:47 PM »

Rick, truckers make it work by passing in on to us who buy the goods here lately I never get any shipments without some type extra charge for fuel
good luck

Clifford your so right!
Just got a delivery of 2 batteries from Setra North America (NC & the only place these off sized batteries can be found)
The trucking company charged Setra a 22.5% surcharge for increased fuel costs! That is exactly the way the bill of lading & the packing list state it! (at first I thought "wow, glad I ain't pay'n the frieght, but in reality I am because I know Setra is passing it on in the cost of the product!)
 Angry  BK   Angry

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2011, 04:19:11 PM »

good luck

Man-Man, $4 diesel, I may have to give up my Twinkies & Ding Dongs for sure this year.  Why is it so high Clifford? 

LuvRbus:  Good question Boxcar, I will try and explain it to you (pay attention there will be a test on Monday)
Boxcar:  Test?  I don't need no stinkin test man (spoken in a cheech n chong attitude or voice)

LuvRbus:  Well Boxcar, it’s true, oil prices have reached an all time high. But before consumers do something drastic, like purchase a hybrid—or as I call them, a mutant—consider the fixed costs that go into producing your typical $104 barrel of oil. Right up front, $5 goes to development of new oil resources. $10 goes to new technology research. $15 a barrel goes to making those commercials where oil companies try to convince you they’re not raping the environment and $25 goes toward blackening the oil.

BoxcarOkie:  If I may, just very quickly, right there stop you, I was under the impression that oil comes out black.
LuvRbus: That’s what Hollywood would have you believe, Boxcar. No, oil actually comes out of the ground looking like this. A pretty rainbow! And it burns clean. Cruding it up ain’t cheap.

BoxcarOkie: Uh as if so, that adds, I guess, $55 a barrel to the oil, what about the rest of the cost?
LuvRbus: Well, it fluctuates, depending on how chaotic the political situation is. That’s why the Middle East loved George Bush. Without him, oil prices plummet; Middle Eastern revenue streams dry up and the terrorist are having to work second jobs at Bennigans. Or, the Middle Eastern equivalent: Applebee’s.

BoxcarOkie:  Well, I for one, am glad that we got this cleared up, I was thinkin it would get expensive here pretty soon.

FILL ER UP!

BCO

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2011, 04:32:42 PM »

Must be cold in OK or Don is bored lol I did know oil wasn't black saw too much of the sweet crude oil when I was kid  

good luck
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 04:34:38 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2011, 04:37:52 PM »

Yeah, but when you were a kid the oil was new.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Eagle Andy
Cowboy Coach

1968 Silver Eagle # 7481

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2011, 04:48:31 PM »

Well I work in the oil Business, well at least making it come out of the ground better lol, I don't like paying that much for fuel anymore than anyone else , But I went thur the slow down two years ago and watched alot of guys lose there jobs and now we are hiring all of them back and a lot more.
Yes big oil makes alot of money of all of us, but big oil also puts alot of us to work as well. That might set well with some but for me and my Family Iam putting beans on the table and even with four dollor fuel we still have it alot better than many and I don't see much of a slow down and any given Highway anywhere Ive been lol .

So I don't know if I have much of a point here, But it is what it is and I guess I will just make the adjustments where I need to  Grin

1968 Model 05 Eagle # 7481 Miles City MT
RickB

81 MCI 9 smooth side 8V71 Allison 754

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2011, 07:21:52 PM »

We're talking apples to oranges here guys.
wall street speculation is the only thing I mentioned in my post.
The fact that folks make mountains out of mole hills or even create perceptions of doom and gloomthat aren't based in fact thereby creating fake"events"to drive up oil prices is just plain evil.

Remember the story of chicken little? He was the original commodity speculator.

I will drive my Detroit hard... I will drive my Detroit hard.
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2011, 10:13:42 PM »

"I was under the impression that oil comes out black"

Heck - I was under the impression that Delo looked like mineral oil - It was DD's that turned it black  Huh

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2011, 06:12:47 AM »

A secret is that the European countries banded together and required 15 PPM sulfur fuel ("ULSD") about 14 years ago as an anti-pollution measure.  N American fuel stayed at 500 PPM until late 2006; then EPA (and Transport Canada/Environment Canada) required 15 PPM fuel in the US.  The N American refineries had to go to ULSD; soon after, it began to make more profit for the oil companies to ship diesel (which in N America is basically a by-product of gasoline production for the 10 months when heating oil use isn't at it's highest) overseas for sale.  Ever notice that up until about 5 years ago diesel fuel was 10 cents less than regular unleaded but since then it's been running about the price of Premium Unleaded or 5-10 cents higher?

Especially the US restricts domestic oil production for political ("anti-pollution", "environmental protection" and "endangered species") reasons, raises lots of money in bonds and inflation and currency to purchase foreign oil, passes along the costs to the public of trade imbalance that this massive purchase results in (not to mention the military and diplomatic costs of what this money finances overseas) -- all of which is an incredibly high real cost to the American people.  And then they let the oil companies export the finished product -- made from crude purchased at such a high price -- overseas just to increase the oil companies' profits.

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Jriddle

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2011, 08:59:59 AM »

"I was under the impression that oil comes out black"

Heck - I was under the impression that Delo looked like mineral oil - It was DD's that turned it black  Huh

Sounds a little off topic here but the above is way too funny.

LoL
John

If It Can't Be Grown Then It Has To Be Mined
John Riddle
Wells NV
1984 MC9
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2011, 03:40:44 PM »

Must be cold in OK or Don is bored lol I did know oil wasn't black saw too much of the sweet crude oil when I was kid  

good luck

Dello?  Isn't that what you put on a Chef's Salad?  I believe my bus is currently out of oil Clifford, there isn't any under it.  Took it a hundred miles out yesterday, radar-ed me a chicken fry and some mashed tators, and then drove it home.  

First trip of the New Year.  How's everything in "Sun City?"

BCO

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: