Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 07:26:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toilet  (Read 4754 times)
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2008, 12:48:37 PM »

The Thetford toilets with foot pedal will add water if you step down only part way.

For anyone who wants to go high class with the Thetford Aria, PPL Motorhomes has the best prices I could find.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2008, 02:15:30 PM »

I started with a cheap plastic in my S&S, When I did the bus I put in a Sealand and I thought what luxury, this is the way to go. Later I used my friends Aqua magic style plus, I put the Aqua Magic in my bus!!
 The important dimension in an RV toilet is the distance from the waterline to the family jewels!! With the Sealand I had to be cautious or Mr Happy could go for a dip, this is not a problem with the Aqua Magic.     
 Also and this is subjective and my opinion but I find the finish is superior on the Aqua Magic, I belive it is eaiser to keep clean.
                                         HTH Jim

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2008, 02:20:29 PM »

*** With the Sealand I had to be cautious or Mr Happy could go for a dip ***

LMAO - Are you just braggin now  Cheesy

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
luvrbus

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2008, 03:19:52 PM »

I have the Microphor in my bus has no foot pedal,cables or gears to brake and does not have to be mounted directly over the tank and uses 1 or 2 quarts of water depending on the model     good luck
Oregonconversion

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2008, 03:33:45 PM »

I have the Microphor in my bus has no foot pedal,cables or gears to brake and does not have to be mounted directly over the tank and uses 1 or 2 quarts of water depending on the model     good luck

I have heard good things about the Microphor toilets. How much is the whole setup? Is this the toilet that needs 12V or 24V and has a controller?  Sounds complicated.

Sounds like the Aqua Magic style plus is the one for me. I want to keep Mr. Happy dry and happy.

1977 MC8
8V92 HT740
cody

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2008, 03:41:12 PM »

Best place to find sealand china toilets is at Bontragers, they had a bunch of pallets of them discounted to sell. I didn't ask how much but they normally sell for less than half price and often a fraction of the lowest price you can find in other places, I have no connection with them other than that they are my favorite shopping mall lol and good people too lol.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2008, 11:42:01 AM »

I have the Thetford Aqua magic V in the old style.  No Mr. Happy problems EVER and a cheap, dependable and easily repaired toilet.  Mine was made in 74 so go figure the cost per mile or seating.

I would only sink more money in this feature IF I did not have a straight drop into the black tank...or near straight.  The microphore will pump the stuff anyplace you want to place the black tank and I think the location can be above the toilet.  If you don't need that you should stay simple and cheap.  Macirators are a cruel joke except in the Microph system as I think the plumbing for that bad girl is nly 1.5 inches.. 

Make certain that you design in two vents for the black and gray tanks and a vent at each sink.  Disgusting, intolerable conditions await those that deviate from this design criteria.  Vents need to go pretty much straight up to the roof.

HTH,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2008, 12:40:46 PM »

I have the Thetford Aqua magic V in the old style.  No Mr. Happy problems EVER and a cheap, dependable and easily repaired toilet.  Mine was made in 74 so go figure the cost per mile or seating.

Make certain that you design in two vents for the black and gray tanks and a vent at each sink.  Disgusting, intolerable conditions await those that deviate from this design criteria.  Vents need to go pretty much straight up to the roof.

John

As an alternative to punching multiple holes in the roof, I used "Studa" (interior check valves) valves at the sinks.   7 years and no issues...or odors.   
One roof vent t'eed into both black and grey water holding tanks is suitable.  An RV style vent cap will make for a water tight seal even in a curved roof area.
I'm also using an Aqua Magic pot.  It is offset by about 2' from the black water tank.  Never had any problems at all with the setup.   When assembling the 3" drain pipe, the edges were radiused for 'improved' flow.   Not sure it was neccessary, but what the h..
I would guess that the noise associated with macerators would be intrusive for some?  Not really familiar with the newer units...but was a little too familiar with marine units. 

JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
jmblake
Jason & Martha Blake

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2008, 01:22:38 PM »

I used the same setup as JR with the vents and never had any problems either, We also used the aqua magic china and love it very easy to keep clean.

NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2008, 08:09:36 PM »

JR, Jim

"I used "Studa" (interior check valves) valves at the sinks."

Ya'll have any info on these

Did y'all use these instead of traps?, or put them in after the traps?

Interesting, learn something every day Smiley

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Blacksheep

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2008, 08:19:24 PM »

I believe they are also referred to as studer or studor vents. I used them in my home when I remodeled the kitchen. You Must still use a P trap and the vent must be at least 3 inches above the P trap.
Now as far as the
 black/grey vent having to go thru the roof, I would have to dissagree! My vent exits the upper side of my combo tank, goes upward to just above the tank and returns back downward thru the floor. Once thru the bay floor, it turns and goes rearward for about 4 inches. I have had no problems with drains or most importantly, no smells EVER!
Ace
gus

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2008, 08:47:50 PM »

Don't understand why you want a low toilet?

Take my word for it, as you get older you will want it even higher. Even if you aren't old like me it is much easier to mount and dismount a higher seat.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2008, 09:37:01 PM »

I have seen RVs with a raised platform under the toilet so a high profile toilet would be too high.  Perhaps the OP has something similiar in his bus to raise up a low profile toilet.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2008, 10:27:13 PM »

I sure can't argue with "actual" experience and don't want to.  I had a young engineer working for me that shared one day that he thought experience was the most OVER RATED commodity in the world.  I knew he was destined to fail and it only took him six months.  NOTHING and I mean NOTHING succeeds like success.

That said:  I think the double vent out of the black is some kind of spec.  That advice about minimizing the penetrations through the roof is out of  Da Book, as well.  When good advice contradicts you gotta make an informed decision.  That 74 Winnie has a roof that looks like a vent farm and I know they had solid motives even back then and the :science" of handling Poo and drain water hasn't evolved all that much.  My advice is "no matter how many got away with cutting corners, go with the spec."  And I am not saying anything any of you have done is cutting a corner.  At the construction phase I would do some research and find out what the opt spec is and try to follow that.  If it became an issue I would be thanking the spirits of buses gone by for the knowledge that I stand a pretty good chance of doing it your way.  What is the authority in matters plumbing a RV and what does it say?  Anybody have that book and is willing to share?

Thanks all,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
cody

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2008, 04:46:30 AM »

Our tanks vent thru the bay floor too, works just fine for us.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: