Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 12:15:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting to get too good at fixing my generator  (Read 293 times)
belfert

Ignore
« on: July 13, 2013, 07:54:27 PM »

I'm starting to get too good at fixing my generator since I've done it so many times.

I was running my generator this evening and everything seemed fine.  I happened to walk into the bus and noticed the A/C units had all quit.  I went out and checked the voltage and it was zero.  I played around for a bit and decided to ohm out the brushes.  The brushes showed open which wasn't good.  I took the end cover off the generator and discovered a wire had come loose from the brush holder.  I put the wire back on and the generator runs fine again.  I'm going to finish up putting it back together in the morning.  I'm hoping this is my last generator repair for a while.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: