Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 22, 2014, 08:43:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Figuring value of bus?  (Read 3295 times)
MARKMC7

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 03:02:11 PM »

if I could afford it i would snatch the bus up in a heartbeat. but until i get in a situation where that is possible i will just have to dream of it. but I do like Bk's idea of leasing it.
That way you don't have to take such a hit in its value.

Mark

Thanks to Ruthi and ken. my bus is now called "one peace at a time"
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 03:06:32 PM »

if I could afford it i would snatch the bus up in a heartbeat. but until i get in a situation where that is possible i will just have to dream of it. but I do like Bk's idea of leasing it.
That way you don't have to take such a hit in its value.

Mark

Mark my "lease idea" was for his kids only. But it could be leased to someone else I suppose.
(personally I wouldn't lease it to "just anyone" as it is a very nice bus. too nice to be scrapped if you as me!)
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
MARKMC7

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 03:21:21 PM »

sorry that wasn't my intention to present that as if I wanted to lease it. I was saying I thought leasing it to his kids was a good Idea. that way he don't have such a large financial loss. and he could keep tabs on its care and maintenance.

Mark

Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 03:30:14 PM »

I have not seen the bus, but from your participation on this board, I would assume it to be nicely done and well maintained.  Unfortunately, a stranger/buyer just sees it as a sort of crap shoot, so a lot gets discounted in his mind.  However, although the current market is a bit depressing for sellers, don't let yourself get too pessimistic.  There is a buyer for it out there.  If you are not desperate to sell it, you don't have to act or feel like you are.  Just hope for lower fuel prices.  High fuel will chase a lot of people away.

Oh yeah, if you lease it to family, you'll still be able to work on it.  That's what you really wanted to begin with anyway, right?

You don't have to believe everything you think.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 03:39:30 PM »

lol----Son Andy just got a toter home w/12 ft quarters.So he don't need it. Not really worried about kids taking care of it! They grew up working on it and other buses we have had over the years. Would just like to see it find a good home with someone that would improve on it and enjoy it. A bus is never done! Really don't want it to just sit and watch newer bus leave on trips.              Lin  what I really need is to free up some space in shop. Getting better down to 2 major projects now. The 98XLE and a 36 Dodge 1 1/2 ton on a 550 E ford chassi.   Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Phil H / Chicago

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 08:29:48 AM »

Hey Bob,

I remember seeing pics of the bus and it is very nice. When you do start listing it for sale maybe consider some trades....maybe somebody out there has another toy you would enjoy. I know in the past I have found that when it comes to liquidating these "toys" it is easier to do so in trades. And as long as you get something else of equal value to you....or maybe easier for you to resell....just a thought.

Phil
MARKMC7

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 09:04:59 AM »

that is how i got my 7. I traded my motor yacht for it. (the yacht was a project also) I think i got the better end of the deal. the bus has an engine and drives. the yacht the engine was sitting on the floor waiting to be put in.

Mark

ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 09:31:18 AM »

We had to pretty much give ours away at the price we let it go. We had several people interested that wanted us to finance it or them at a higher price. We were leary of that, as a lot of people dont realize what they are getting into with a bus and dont have a clue of the time and money to keep it going.  We had to find her a home, didnt want to keep her just sitting around. In the end though, glad it went to a good home, and made someone really happy.

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2011, 09:56:53 AM »

Robert, for 30 or 35 sounds low with slides but, I would put it on Ebay with a high reserve just to see what it does. It will be your choice to take an offer under the reserve. One thing to do is start it at least $30,000. When I look at buses I search them from highest price to lowest to remove all the VWs out. I know I am not looking for something to build. A real buy filters all those out too. I think people loose on people seeing them when I do see a $50,000 item with a $500 starting price. Hell I would just love the slides. That is where your selling points are. I know you put your in yourself but have you ever looked to see what it cost for us that can't nor have the time. Good luck. I did just see someone asking for a prevost for sale on this board.
Highway Yacht
*****Jimmy*****

Locust, North Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 10:37:39 AM »

While I am not a big fan of buying on the e-place, I do tend to see whats listed there to see if anything is local. I tend to be more interested in the "Buy It Now" items since you have a starting point to negotiate a price. As Eddie pointed out, sometimes you see a 50K bus with a $500 starting bid and "reserve not met" and you have no idea what the seller will accept. A lot of time can be wasted on those type of auctions. I also check out the buses listed here on the MAK site and that is where I would probably go if I had the funds to spend on a $30K plus coach.

1979 MC-9  8V71-Turbo / HT740             * www.MciBusTalk.com *
Locust, North Carolina                           A Site Dedicated To MCI's
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 01:18:14 PM »

I sold mine off Eplace, it is a cheap way to get national exposure. It can be used to see what people are willing to pay. But only by scrutinizing what people have bid and not asking price.

Most on this board are way ahead of me and probably know this, but when looking for items on Eplace if you want to get a real eye opener click on completed listings. The prices in red have not sold, the ones in green have sold!

I am looking for a Scion XB, out of 32 recently advertised only 2 have actually sold. What percentage is that about 6% Huh Unless you have nothing better to do it makes bidding a waste of time.
                                                    HTH  JIm

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 01:37:29 PM »

If there is a reserve, I generally write the seller and ask what it is rather than waste time watching something that ultimately costs more than I am willing to spend.  Most sellers will tell you the reserve.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2011, 03:55:52 PM »

Eplace?Huh?     Why not call it what it is?........Ebay

What purpose does it serve to change or modify the name? I am not being smart, I truly want to know, because it seems to pop up often, and I'm not getting the why of it.

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2011, 06:25:38 PM »

Eplace?Huh?     Why not call it what it is?........Ebay

What purpose does it serve to change or modify the name? I am not being smart, I truly want to know, because it seems to pop up often, and I'm not getting the why of it.

Neither do I and I do it!    JIm

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: